Dead Space 2 Debut Trailer

I thought the camera position helped the game be more tense.

Great trailer, might have to get this sooner rather than later :D

Okay. It's a little worrying that there is no mention of the PC version at the end of that trailer. Is it such a bad port that they are disowning it already?

I'm a little more worried about the fact that it looks so lame.

I thought the camera position helped the game be more tense.

It just felt like an annoying attempt to make things disorienting and claustrophobic. You could see more on one side of the screen than the other, it felt 'zoomed' in so you couldn't see more than a few degrees to your sides, so you had to keep rotate so much to see everything in a room.

To me that's like when COD uses infinite respawning enemies to make a battle tough. It doesn't work and in the end just pisses me off.

I'm a little more worried about the fact that it looks so lame.

That trailer was the corniest thing I've seen in a long, long time.

overrated.

It just felt like an annoying attempt to make things disorienting and claustrophobic. You could see more on one side of the screen than the other, it felt 'zoomed' in so you couldn't see more than a few degrees to your sides, so you had to keep rotate so much to see everything in a room.

To me that's like when COD uses infinite respawning enemies to make a battle tough. It doesn't work and in the end just pisses me off.

These.

Just played through the demo off PSN. Same as the E3 trailer, but fun nonetheless. I'm really pumped.
That spear gun is so ****ing awesome. I just love nailing one of those suckers and shocking the living (semi-living I should say) hell out of them.

Also, the free zero-gravity portion of the demo was pretty sick. I'd like to see how they incorporate that element into the other parts of the game.

Gamestop's commercials are terrible as a rule, no matter the game. I think it's in the contracts.

First game ran perfectly fine. I expect this to run fine too.

I don't know many other details but I presume from the similar requirements that the engine hasn't been that heavily tweaked.

I just hope they didnt go all "ACTION **** YEAH EXPLOSIONS SHOOTING AlIENS EVERYWHERE BADASS MARINE WARFARE". I want them to stick to the "Im just an engineer with really bad luck, **** my life"

I just hope they didnt go all "ACTION **** YEAH EXPLOSIONS SHOOTING AlIENS EVERYWHERE BADASS MARINE WARFARE". I want them to stick to the "Im just an engineer with really bad luck, **** my life"

Judging from the demo they're sticking with the latter. It's just the media campaign showing it off as Modern Warfare 3.

From the demo its basically plays as "Holy shit I am losing my god damn mind okay let me walk down this hOKAY THERE IS NO EXIT AND THERE ARE CORPSES SCREAMING AT ME OH Gthere's the exit everything is okay oh god I just got vomited on I'm going to punch your god damn head off oh ew more vomit okay f*ck this noise hey look I can fly around this is badass oh shit Isaac your voice sounds pretty not manly this is nice isoh god that giant thing has a baby stuck to its tentacle I am going to shoot it and now I am being assault by a bunch of children parents are not going to like this game I'm just going to keep walking through here and oh my god look at that fat ugly disgusting baby oh no the closer I get the more I realize its actually a full grown man Jesus Christ how horrifying okay they're dead cutscene hmm cool oh mother of god the cultists have a gunship and I am being sucked out into space oh god crawl Isaac crawl like your whore of a girlfriend on a saturday night yes fall down that chute okay looks like I'm finally safe oh no what is that an ugly disgusting thing screaming at me end demo."

Yeah, I'd say its a bit of horror mixed in with some good action.

Yeah from what I saw the gameplay isn't much a changin' but I think Isaac will look more badass overall.

Chasie, that was an awesome summary.

Anyway, still can't decide whether to pick up the PS3 CE or the 360 CE, PS3 CE gives you Extraction with higher res textures etc, which is neat-o.

hmm , extra game or cheaply made small gun? hmmm... =/

Chasie, that was an awesome summary.

Anyway, still can't decide whether to pick up the PS3 CE or the 360 CE, PS3 CE gives you Extraction with higher res textures etc, which is neat-o.
Ok, guys. So many people get confused with the whole ps3 LE and CE, let me clear it up for you.

ALL ps3 version of the game comes with the Extraction game. PS3 version is called Limited Edition. The one with plastic gun is called Collector's Edition. So pre ordering Collector's Edition for ps3 version comes with both Extraction and the plastic gun.

BTW, there is no 360 Limited Edition, only the Collector's Edition. Which means no Extraction for 360 version.

I originally planned to buy the CE, but after hearing that the plasma cutter model is just a filmsy, cheap plastic model, I decided not to spend additional 20 bucks on it.

/\ actually that's not right.

For PS3 there will be 4 versions:

normal: NOT available at launch, will be available some undisclosed time in the future does NOT include extraction only a demo of extraction
limited: available at launch comes with the FULL version of extraction
collectors (EU): available at launch comes with the FULL version of extraction plus bonuses but NOT the gun
17630462x.jpg

collectors (NA): available at launch, comes with the FULL version of extraction plus bonuses and the gun
270722brp.jpg

For PC and 360

Normal: available at launch, bog standard game only
collectors: available at launch, bog standard game plus bonuses and the gun

Yes it IS confusing i know so EA clearly didnt do their job in marketing this right -_-

You CAN'T buy the normal edition on the launch date because all the first print ps3 versions comes with the full game of Extraction, at least in America. Normal edition will come out few months after the release date of the game, or whenever EA decides to pull the plug on the Limited Edition.

And technically, there are only two versions. LE and CE. Just because one version gets additional pre order bonus doesn't consider that as another version.

That's like saying Dragon Age 2 will come with 11 different versions, because of additional pre order bonuses.

Never understood all these special editions when it comes to games, i always just buy the regular normal edition because im buying it for the main game, nothing else. Whatever floats your boat.

Really Looking foward to this! I own Dead Space 1 for all 3 platforms and loved the setting and overall design.

Played the demo for #2 and man... It feels so much more polished than the first. The graphics are pretty, the controls are more fluid, and it just feels more B A overall!

I will be getting it for PS3 since that looks to be the lead platform and apparently comes with Extraction for free.

Really Looking foward to this! I own Dead Space 1 for all 3 platforms and loved the setting and overall design.

Played the demo for #2 and man... It feels so much more polished than the first. The graphics are pretty, the controls are more fluid, and it just feels more B A overall!

I will be getting it for PS3 since that looks to be the lead platform and apparently comes with Extraction for free.

Err.. Okay..

Why did you get one game on three different platforms when the versions are virtually identical?

Also, I've realized that playing Extraction the PS3 without Move will most likely be a gigantic pain in the ass.

You see, Extraction requires very quick precision shooting because the enemies move very fast and it's important to hit their limbs, this becomes very hard if you only have a gamepad and have to aim using an on-screen crosshair.

So I hope you guys who are getting the PS3 version for Extraction have Move.

This realization has made it more probable that I will get the 360 CE instead of the PS3 CE.

Err.. Okay..

Why did you get one game on three different platforms when the versions are virtually identical?

Because I could? lol idk. I originally bought it for PS3. I can't remember exactly why I got it for my 360, but for PC I bought through the holiday steam sales. I buy a ton of steam sale items for no particular reason. Although I have been playing the steam version through again in preparation for the sequel.

Because I could? lol idk. I originally bought it for PS3. I can't remember exactly why I got it for my 360, but for PC I bought through the holiday steam sales. I buy a ton of steam sale items for no particular reason. Although I have been playing the steam version through again in preparation for the sequel.
Steam sales I can relate to, out of the 70+ titles I own on Steam I've played through maybe 15.

I just got confused why you would get both the 360 and PS3 version.:p

I've bought the PC version 3 times. Steam, EA Store and retail. Great game that needed supporting.

People want to support a game so bad that they bought it 3 times, what? I would never do that for any game, but if I had a choice I don't think EA's Dead Space would be the first that came to mind.

People want to support a game so bad that they bought it 3 times, what? I would never do that for any game, but if I had a choice I don't think EA's Dead Space would be the first that came to mind.

That's your choice and I wouldn't expect it of anyone else. I just enjoy the game and knew it didn't sell that great at first. I've done it with other games as well. In these days of PC gaming PC games need all the support they can get.

This O__o

I supported super meat boy by buying it twice but even then that second time was in a steam sale =/

You CAN'T buy the normal edition on the launch date because all the first print ps3 versions comes with the full game of Extraction, at least in America. Normal edition will come out few months after the release date of the game, or whenever EA decides to pull the plug on the Limited Edition.

yea i know i already mentioned the normal edition wasn't available at launch o_O

And technically, there are only two versions. LE and CE. Just because one version gets additional pre order bonus doesn't consider that as another version.

That's like saying Dragon Age 2 will come with 11 different versions, because of additional pre order bonuses.

They weren't pre order bonuses they're regional differences in the CE thats why i mentioned it especially considering garg asked about it and he isnt from the US

Just had my Dead Space Aftermath DVD delivered. Still not alot clearer on what is going on in the second game.

I consider myself a huge fan but I can't imagine paying for another movie after having seen the first.

Anyway, currently replaying this on my 360, played it 6 hours straight earlier, on chapter 5 currently.

About to beat Ch.10 on impossible. It's satisfying to kill Mercer's pet and then himself.

Back