Delays may be false

Axyon

Reaction score
Thanks to Spiffae over at Beyond Halflife who has e-mailed Vivendi Universal, asking about the recent delay rumours, and obtained the following response:

"Valve is still working toward the Sept. 30 ship date.

Amy Farris / PR Manager

Vivendi Universal Games"

A discussion thread on this can be found in our forums, it also comes with a screen capture of the original message and its replies.

All that's needed now is an official VALVe response to the recent events.

It has to be , thats from a PR Manager, he/she runs press releases and id be very suprised if its delayed now.

Originally posted by Tork
It has to be , thats from a PR Manager, he/she runs press releases and id be very suprised if its delayed now.

Wait, that e-mail is a reponse from asking if the game is delayed or not... what I'm trying to say here is that the game may not be delayed, yet you're claiming it's false, but still think the game isn't delayed. I don't get where you're going, here.

You two are confusing each other. Abomination is saying the reports of a delay are false. Tork is saying "I agree, the report is false"

:cheese:

Originally posted by Typhon
You two are confusing each other. Abomination is saying the reports of a delay are false. Tork is saying "I agree, the report is false"

:cheese:

Exactly. We're both agreeing, I think Tork might have thought that the e-mail was saying Half-Life 2 was delayed or something.

they could be working toward the september 30th date all they want. that does not guarantee a release on the 30th.

I'm happy either way really. If Sept. 30: great I get the game. If not, I have more time to build/save for my uber system, and my initial HL2 experience/first impression is that much greater.

I dont think its true, we will see though

delay or no delay

ffs
gimme some offical statement .............

so let me get this straight.. we couldn't stop Gabe from making some kind of statement about whatever every day, but now we ask him about this and there's nothing? weird...

maybe gabe & the rest of valve are slaves of the publishers
:(

talking about the publishers
last HL was on sierra.. now it`s on Vivendi Universal..
and yeah sorry but, i only 3 months ago heard about a company called
Vivendi Universal and yesterday i`ve read somewhere that they
are almost bankrupt and they tried to sell their shit to MGM
and MGM didnt want to buy it
so now they are in big troubles (??)

well who cares (i dont..) i only hope that HL2 is there on 30 sept..
and that we soon gonna hear when it`s done
30 sept or later :)

Originally posted by [TAG]Hench
maybe gabe & the rest of valve are slaves of the publishers
:(

talking about the publishers
last HL was on sierra.. now it`s on Vivendi Universal..
and yeah sorry but, i only 3 months ago heard about a company called
Vivendi Universal and yesterday i`ve read somewhere that they
are almost bankrupt and they tried to sell their shit to MGM
and MGM didnt want to buy it
so now they are in big troubles (??)

well who cares (i dont..) i only hope that HL2 is there on 30 sept..
and that we soon gonna hear when it`s done
30 sept or later :)

Vivendi Universal are the parent company of Sierra...

You're right, Matt... I didn't know that. Shows you how much I know about the corporations behind games.

"I'm happy either way really. If Sept. 30: great I get the game. If not, I have more time to build/save for my uber system, and my initial HL2 experience/first impression is that much greater."

Same here saving money for my new ultimate fragging machine. :)

if it really is delayed i'm gonna go rampaging around my town complete with a crowbar and i will bash anyone who comes in my way, my destination? i don't know, my reason for this act of pure madness and rage? the delay of halflife2, when will my mad rampage end? when i finally have halflife2 in my hands. But if it really isn't delayed and this is all just a bunch of bull plop then i'll be ok oh and by the way that was one funny flash movie REPENT! REPENT!!

Don't pay attention to all of this. On Saturday the 13th we'll know for sure. ;)

Yeah....Like Friday the 13th!!!!!

OMIGOD JASON IS GOING TO KILL GABE!!!

wow if this is really happinen then it'll go out on my birthday and it's on a saturday too whoohoo oh ya

Originally posted by Apos
I'm happy either way really. If Sept. 30: great I get the game. If not, I have more time to build/save for my uber system, and my initial HL2 experience/first impression is that much greater.

Cool dude , we are in the same position =).

Thank goodness I'm getting my uber system in a week. I can't wait to try out my new Radeon 9800.:cheers:

GamesRadar have posted up news that Half Life 2 has now been put back to a November 14th release date.

“Half-Life 2 will be released on Friday 14 November - at least, according to a release schedule that is currently circulating in the US.”

Expect to see an article on the recent release date confusion here on TotalHL2 very soon.

You can read the full article from GamesRadar [url='http://here' ]here.]Gamesradar

I got this from Total Half-life forums.

Thx Dog for the info.

yer quite a few sites are beginning to change their HL2 ship dates to November so i really dont know :S

Game:
Availability: Preorder - 30-Sep-2003
Publisher: Vivendi Universal
Developer: Valve

Gameplay:
Release Date: 28/11/03
£26.99

:S

I can't imagine a sutiaution that would delay the game only 15 days. If it's delayed I wouldn't expect it until december.

-Straylight

Originally posted by Straylight
I can't imagine a sutiaution that would delay the game only 15 days. If it's delayed I wouldn't expect it until december.

-Straylight

Theres this month. Its called October. Why is everyone suddenly forgetting October exists?

My birthday's in October.

If it doesn't exist do I get to be immortal?

And if so, why doesn't the Queen age twice as fast?

maybe...

maybeif they do delay it. the new date will will be the same day HL was released back in 1998 i think it was nov 11. it still would suck that its delayed...COMMON SEPT 30TH!

Yaeah I REALLY hope that it comes out sep. 30th...I wish i knew the real release date so i know whether to pre-order it or buy another game to make time go fast :)

Originally posted by AlCapucci
It's almost official that there will be a delay. Check this site (if you can read dutch www.gamer.nl

Because some gamesite says so, whats your point, they don't know any more than we do, we have to wait for an official announcement from VALVe.

Originally posted by nw909
Because some gamesite says so, whats your point, they don't know any more than we do, we have to wait for an official announcement from VALVe.

You can expect an official announcement from valve today or tomorrow.

Back