Delays may be false

right today or tomorrow and monkeys fly out of my but in all the colors of the rainbow.

Originally posted by AlCapucci
It's almost official that there will be a delay. Check this site (if you can read dutch www.gamer.nl

when will people understand that it's irrelevant what gaming sites says until there is no offical statement from the developers.

Originally posted by lonestar
when will people understand that it's irrelevant what gaming sites says until there is no offical statement from the developers.

Or the Publishers.

It's almost official that there will be a delay. Check this site (if you can read dutch www.gamer.nl

this report is also based on "a reliable source" and some speculations about several sites giving different release dates. no, wont convince me!

There is a game magazine in Sweden called "Game Reactor". In (August) "9, they write that (I appologize for any faults in the translation since it is originaly written in Swedish) "Half Life 2 that was said to be finished in september have been affected by a delay. Mean tongues (I guess they mean the testteam thing is a rumour) say that the testteam didn´t think that the almost finished game had the same quality as it´s predecessor in terms of gameplay. Valve themself claims that it has to do with various graphic problems when some of the games visual details doesn´t apply very well with a certain type of graphic accelerators. The publisher, Vivendi/ Universal, say that the game however is going to be released before the end of the year."I don´t understand how they can print this if they havn´t been in contact with the companies and I don´t understand why the companies wouldn´t have made an official announcement about it if they told the magazine these things. It doesn´t look as if Half Life 2 is going to be released in time since all things seams to point towards a delay. The games never seam to be released in time but I guess we can only speculate in the delay of Half Life 2 until an official announcement have been made. We all want it as soon as possible but I hope they give it more time if needed.

-dp-

Originally posted by -dp-
There is a game magazine in Sweden called "Game Reactor". In (August) "9, they write that (I appologize for any faults in the translation since it is originaly written in Swedish) "Half Life 2 that was said to be finished in september have been affected by a delay. Mean tongues (I guess they mean the testteam thing is a rumour) say that the testteam didn´t think that the almost finished game had the same quality as it´s predecessor in terms of gameplay. Valve themself claims that it has to do with various graphic problems when some of the games visual details doesn´t apply very well with a certain type of graphic accelerators. The publisher, Vivendi/ Universal, say that the game however is going to be released before the end of the year."I don´t understand how they can print this if they havn´t been in contact with the companies and I don´t understand why the companies wouldn´t have made an official announcement about it if they told the magazine these things. It doesn´t look as if Half Life 2 is going to be released in time since all things seams to point towards a delay. The games never seam to be released in time but I guess we can only speculate in the delay of Half Life 2 until an official announcement have been made. We all want it as soon as possible but I hope they give it more time if needed.

-dp-

It's very unlikely that that Vivendi and Valve will tell a Swedish Games Magazine and no one else.

"Games visual details not applying well with a certain type of Graphics Accelerator"

This seems to be talking about the AA issue that Valve had a while ago. This has been resolved.

The publisher, Vivendi/ Universal, say that the game however is going to be released before the end of the year.

I think this were referring to the same news from Vivendi that Gamespy, Gamepro and Gamespot reported on.

Also, the August issue would've been out a while ago, wouldn't it? So it will be slightly out of date. We'd have heard something official by now. I think that Magazine is just out of date.

You can expect an official announcement from valve today or tomorrow.

I'm quoting you on this. You posted on the 22nd and it's the 24th now.

I know the manager of one of the UK computer stores "GAME" and he says they have been told that it will be delayed, but will be out before christmas.

Originally posted by Trancer
I know the manager of one of the UK computer stores "GAME" and he says they have been told that it will be delayed, but will be out before christmas.

Told by who?

Originally posted by Feath
Told by who?

I dont know exactly, he just told me today. They get updated every week, especially on a game as big as Halflife. I still hope its untrue somehow though :)

I dont know exactly, he just told me today. They get updated every week, especially on a game as big as Halflife. I still hope its untrue somehow though :)

Well, I mean, if it was just on a list of release dates then it's about as reliable as the release dates on any website or in any store.

We'll wait and see.

Originally posted by Feath
Well, I mean, if it was just on a list of release dates then it's about as reliable as the release dates on any website or in any store.

We'll wait and see.

Someones in denial, lol j/k :D

Someones in denial, lol j/k :D

Ha, I'm not. It's just all these sites and places have different dates. I just think that the Vivendi announcing the pseudo delay at the end of July made a lot of companies change the date.

If the dates on these sites ALL agreed with each other then I'd consider it, but they pretty much seem to be random.

And it's getting a bit late to officially announce a delay. There's only about a Month to go.

You can expect an official announcement tomorrow

lol.. just say that every day and you'll be right anytime. :dork:

And it's getting a bit late to officially announce a delay. There's only about a Month to go.

Quite the opposite actually. Trust me when I say, video games companies can, and most of the time will wait until the day the game was scheduled to go into manufacturing before announcing that it was delayed. But if it's on time, you'll hear about it a month ahead of time.

Think of it this way, Jedi Academy is supposed to be released just days before Half Life 2. They announced that the game had gone gold (was finished and had been released to manufacturing) over a week and a half ago.
So, my point is, it's more likely that if the game was going to be released on time we would've heard about it by now.
It's getting a bit late to officially announce that the game is gonna be on time.

Seeing as there's no mandatory "release to manufacturing" issue here because it's primary distribution will be via Steam, I don't think they need to have nearly as long a lead time on this. That said, when was the last time Valve said they'd release a version or patch of something, and had it released when they said it would be. Exactly never. Valve has a horrendously bad record as far as public relations goes for releases of versions of updates and this case, games. Their saving grace is that when it's actually released, the quality is very high or we wouldn't be here. If you go on their record of every single release they've done, chances are this will be 99.9% delayed. Not worth fretting over though. Halo PC is scheduled to be released on or around the 20th of September, so we'll have plenty to occupy ourselves with until HL2 comes out.

The Primary Distribution method is still going to be the CD version. The Gold date is apparently meant to be the 13th of Septmember, as reported by Game Star Magazine.

but planethl2.net interviewed vu games and they say it will probably be released in november. to hold the september release be absolutely utopian.

*argh* :(

Why does Vivendi seem to have a thing about only telling non-Englihs Papers/sites that the game is delayed.

I'm waiting for it to be comfirmed by other news outlets.

Maybe the German version is being delayed. Ya know, so they can replace all the blood and gore with candy and dumplings so German kids won't get scared and commit mass murder at their local quickie-mart.

In finnish netstore the HL2 was said to be released 24.11.2003 ( 24th november )

You can expect an official announcement tomorrow
Why did you think there would be an official announcement today ?

-dp-

that exact statement has been said by various people about 5 times already on random dates. it means nothing.

Originally posted by festivalman
Maybe the German version is being delayed. Ya know, so they can replace all the blood and gore with candy and dumplings so German kids won't get scared and commit mass murder at their local quickie-mart.

do you really think, we germans like this shit?!! no! :)
it's ridiculous. the authority which is responsible for this garbage has no good structure in their method.

many people here are angry about that. teenager like me (but soon i'm 18 :) ) just shake one's head when they see such games.
but online gaming shop's like okaysoft.de have imported games, too. well.. no problems for us to get the actually games. :D

Originally posted by ExE
In finnish netstore the HL2 was said to be released 24.11.2003 ( 24th november )

Same thing here in Sweden now. I'm getting so tired of this bouncing around with the release-date !!! According to www.webhallen.com, where I've preordered my HL2 copy, the release has been pushed away to the 24:th of November.

What exactly is the last word on this matter ??

ECTS news - apparently it's still on for 30th, just!

I would’ve posted this in a new thread but I’m not fully registered yet it seems!

Just thought you guys might want to know that www.eurogamer.net got the word on the release date from Valve's Greg Coomber this morning. According to them the official quote is "it'll be tight, but Half-Life 2 is still on for a September 30th ship".

Anyway pop on over to their website for the rest - it’s their scoop after all, and a top site too!

*sigh* my birthday is on the 19th so I can't "steal" it from my parents' money lol.

Anyway, I am still curious about the global launch thing :D I don't think it'll reach Spain that day :D specially with the *great* videogame shops we have where they don't know anything they just sell lmao don't ask them anything about HL2, doom3 they even don't know what these games are :D

Back