Deus Ex 3 Info

Actually, I could just get one of my friends to buy it over Steam and gift it to me. I love that function.

Like I said two pages back, Deus Ex is free for download on Gametap (www.gametap.com). GOTY edition too, I think. Only thing is I'm not sure if you can use mods with it, it saves it as a bunch of fruity gametap-specific files so you can only run it through that. Besides that it runs fine, I've been playing it on Vista and no complaints, you just have to sit through a 10 second ad each time you start it up.

But i like steam. ;____;

I probably shouldn't be playing anyway, less than a week until final exams.

I got the free copy of Deus Ex off game tap, along with Tomb Raider: Legend and Fallout.

I don't think I'll ever buy and games off gametap (That's what steam's for!) but you can get quite a few good games for free off it.

So I reinstalled Deus Ex 2 instead, and I'm struck by the fact that it's a fairly decent game (Deus Ex it's not though, and the pacing is buggered, and I think the 'overall' writing is kind of shitty although the specifics aren't too bad, and PEOPLE KEEP SAYING "INVISIBLE WAR" OVER AND OVER AGAIN). Universal Ammo really does make everything real easy though.

Not exciting? Not enough memorable moments? **** that. Deus Ex didn't need to be some flashy run and gun experience to be captivating through and through.

With comments like that, I'm worried what they may be doing. My expectation for it to suck has risen.

Ugh. Dues Ex was great the way it was, and it still is. Make it just like the first game but with an new story and 2009 production values. Please. I just want more Deus Ex. There haven't been any other games like it since.

What the ****? A game being smarted-up for PCs rather than dumbed-down for consoles. WHAT THE ****?

Not exciting? Not enough memorable moments? **** that. Deus Ex didn't need to be some flashy run and gun experience to be captivating through and through.

With comments like that, I'm worried what they may be doing. My expectation for it to suck has risen.

Yep. I know that I personally remember a lot more events from Deus Ex alone than with all the other games that have come out since combined. I mean, the whole liberty Island mission was amazing and I could play it with my eyes closed. Saving/Not Saving Paul in the Ton, getting the kill-switch deactivated by Tong, killing/not killing Anna, saving/not saving the hostages in the subway, the escape from UNATCO, the list goes on and on.

Honestly, now that I think about it, i'm pretty sure no other game since then has come close to having as many memorable moment. They're all generic action sequences that I forget about as soon as its over. Like COD4 for instance, that was a very cinematic game, and the only bits I really remember were the tanks rolling by in All Ghillied up, and shooting the guns from the helicopter. I cant remember anything else specific about it, besides the cutscene with the nuke but that doesnt count.

Unfortunately, it sounds like thats what these developers are aiming for :(

I don't think he means adding memorable moments in a bad way.

First i like how they said they don't want to dumb the game down for the consoles. If its possible on console they do it, if not they wont sacrifice "the complexity" Love that. About adding more OMG i think they mean just things like the biomods or story movers. I aswell remember more in Deus Ex then any other game, but most of what i remember was dialog. Which is great dont get me wrong.

I don't think he means adding memorable moments in a bad way.

First i like how they said they don't want to dumb the game down for the consoles. If its possible on console they do it, if not they wont sacrifice "the complexity" Love that. About adding more OMG i think they mean just things like the biomods or story movers. I aswell remember more in Deus Ex then any other game, but most of what i remember was dialog. Which is great dont get me wrong.
Erm, that was a fairly nonsensical post, besides, I think it's fairly clear he doesn't mean biomods but is rather talking about things like scripted cutscenes etc.

Erm, that was a fairly nonsensical post, besides, I think it's fairly clear he doesn't mean biomods but is rather talking about things like scripted cutscenes etc.

Im talking about the scenes in the game where something is ether blowing up or someone is dieing etc. Imagine those scenes but with more of a cinematic edge. Better GFX, scripting, animation. I think that's what he is trying to say.

Back