Deus Ex 3 Info

I wonder why the decision to go prequel though? Although I'd admit it would be interesting to see pre-nano aug mechanical technology in it's prime, I'd kinda like to see the devs take the series into an even more distant future.

a) You have to choose which ending to take; DX2 took 'all 3 at once' and ended up with something really fsking weird.

b) I'm pretty sure all the endings of DX2 ended with you fsking the world over, and the best was pretty much "Fallout".

c) Mechanaugs rule.

On the health side of thing, for singleplayer at least I'd much prefer they stuck to the DX1 style. I remember accidentally shooting a crate of TNT early in the game and having to crawl through the rest of the level because I'd disabled both my legs. Good times.

Krynn's idea is pretty nice though. A health-regen biomod that takes energy wouldn't be a bad thing.

a) You have to choose which ending to take; DX2 took 'all 3 at once' and ended up with something really fsking weird.

b) I'm pretty sure all the endings of DX2 ended with you fsking the world over, and the best was pretty much "Fallout".

c) Mechanaugs rule.

On the health side of thing, for singleplayer at least I'd much prefer they stuck to the DX1 style. I remember accidentally shooting a crate of TNT early in the game and having to crawl through the rest of the level because I'd disabled both my legs. Good times.

Krynn's idea is pretty nice though. A health-regen biomod that takes energy wouldn't be a bad thing.
The best way wasn't pretty much Fallout, the best was in DX2 was a universal democracy where JC used the merger of himself and all the humans of the world with the AI to form a real democracy where every thought is processed etc, IIRC.

Sounds like Singapore.

I think I prefered Fallout.

Why the hell does an FPS need a cover system? We have crouch and lean already! Constantly moving between 1st and 3rd person was one of the reasons I couldn't stand Rainbow 6 Vegas.

Why the hell does an FPS need a cover system? We have crouch and lean already! Constantly moving between 1st and 3rd person was one of the reasons I couldn't stand Rainbow 6 Vegas.

When they said cover system I thought they meant LOS-concealment, I didn't think they meant hugging a wall

I can understand auto-heal in a sequel (presumably nano-tech allows for it), but in a prequel?

Remember its all optional, its been confirmed that you don't have to use the cover system. Its not forced on you.

Features are never "optional" as long as the gameplay is balanced around them. If it's beneficial to use a certain feature over not using it, then you'll become reliant on it whether you want to or not.

exactly you don't need to use cover in rainbow six vegas but in order to get through it you will.

Well, when promoted RB6:V they promoted and enforced using the system never saying it was optional. These guys are specifically saying you dont need it.

I seriously don't see how this can go wrong!

Inventory Management is back = ****ING WIN!
Deus Ex 1 Style Level design = no more door load door load door load!
Original writer back! = This is ****ING HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least 20 Mods confirmed = Way more then we really need!
Confirmed RPG = upgrades and mods

Well, when promoted RB6:V they promoted and enforced using the system never saying it was optional. These guys are specifically saying you dont need it.
If you don't need it, what's the point of having it in? Yes, you can choose not to use it, but the very fact that it's there means that the people who do will have an advantage, because the game has been designed with it in mind. They're not going to just put it in as a half-assed "extra" without bothering to balance around it. And if they do, well, that would also suck.

Nothing against third person cover systems, but they're getting a little tired at this point, and I really really don't think it fits with Deus Ex's play style. I'm always willing to be convinced, though.

If you don't need it, what's the point of having it in? Yes, you can choose not to use it, but the very fact that it's there means that the people who do will have an advantage, because the game has been designed with it in mind. They're not going to just put it in as a half-assed "extra" without bothering to balance around it. And if they do, well, that would also suck.

Nothing against third person cover systems, but they're getting a little tired at this point, and I really really don't think it fits with Deus Ex's play style. I'm always willing to be convinced, though.

That doesnt make any sense. Deus Ex is all about choice, you can beat the entire game without killing anymore. "Whats the point if you have a gun?" Thats what your saying. Whats the point of a weapon mod when you have the aug that does it for you? Choice. Why did Metal Gear Solid 4 come with a fps mode? When its a hardcore 3rd person shooter. CHOICE. You dont need it its a option.

Yeah, but when it's a "choice" that gives you an uncompromised view of any room, from the comfort and security of any conveniently placed wall or piece of cover, then it's a choice that's giving you an advantage with no consequence. Things like not killing anyone or using augs instead of guns are conscious choices that make sense within the constraints of the game. Just choosing not to use a certain feature because you don't like it is a forced choice, and in this case, one that puts you at a disadvantage to people who do.

Also, the first person mode in MGS sucked, so moot point. (edit - wait... I'm thinking of MGS3, but it probably sucked anyway)

It wasn't the best but it sure as hell didn't suck. I don't think we will be seeing conveniently placed cover to the extent of Gears of War if that's what your afraid of.

I can understand auto-heal in a sequel (presumably nano-tech allows for it), but in a prequel?
Perhaps they invented it, integrated it into mechs and then thought "Nah, this shit's for pansies" and so they dropped it when augmenting people even further.

It seems good so far, except for the regenerating health, some stupid augs and the third person cover system. It's like for every step forward they take two steps back...

Oh and,
Deus_ex_motivator.jpg

It seems good so far, except for the regenerating health, some stupid augs and the third person cover system. It's like for every step forward they take two steps back...

Oh and,
Deus_ex_motivator.jpg

I came close to doing that today in fact.

Might do it tommorrow ;)

BTW, the bungie and claymore augs sounds cool and fun

I started playing again the other day. Much love for that game.

It's true, that title music alone might make me reinstall.

Oh and,
Deus_ex_motivator.jpg

So true.

I'm playing the original for the first time atm, am a little bit in but now it won't let me get out of crouch mode! Has anyone run into this? Srry for the OT, but since we were talking about the original for a sec...:p

I tried reinstalling and playing Deus Ex again just the other day, but something's borked with it. The game speed (not framerate) keeps veering between normal and slow. Setting core affinities or messing with the .ini files doesn't seem to do a thing.

I wanted to complete it again with the Shifter mod, but never got a chance to. :p

I'm playing the original for the first time atm, am a little bit in but now it won't let me get out of crouch mode! Has anyone run into this? Srry for the OT, but since we were talking about the original for a sec...:p

Thats weird. I have never run into that before. Maybe you have sticky keys turned on?

I tried reinstalling and playing Deus Ex again just the other day, but something's borked with it. The game speed (not framerate) keeps veering between normal and slow. Setting core affinities or messing with the .ini files doesn't seem to do a thing.

I wanted to complete it again with the Shifter mod, but never got a chance to. :p

Thats weird. I have never run into that before. Maybe you have to change the resolution to something else?

Hmmm...might be, but upon starting a new game the problem is solved. But I don't want to lose my previous status within the game.

Is it just me or did the battery drain speed on augs in DX1 make them near-useless?

Is there a hi-res texture pack for DX1? I certainly hope so! *reinstalls*

Maybe the health for both your legs is at 0?

Is there a hi-res texture pack for DX1? I certainly hope so! *reinstalls*

There's in incomplete hi-res pack, but I'm not aware of the progress on it. Google "HDTP".

Only other thing I'm aware are some fan-made video drivers.

I can't find my GOTY Deus Ex CDs! ;____;

I've looked everywhere!

I know they're around somewhere because I remember reinstalling Deus Ex on a whim like about half a year ago, but still...

Buy it off steam. Problem solved forever. Because you know you will want to play again in a couple years.

don't think its on steam...is it?
edit: wiki says it is, but apparently its not showing up in my steam search results

No it's on Steam, I had a look. I kinda don't have a credit card and my parents don't trust this new-fangled 'internets', even though they do their share trading on it.

Back