Dexter - Season 5

Interesting setup for the finale, but at least we know it is merely a season finale, not that I doubted that notion much. I have my theories on how the Liddy situation will be handled, but I'll keep those to myself and see how all this plays out.

i hope next season is the last. Not because I think the show's getting weak, but I don't want to see it whimper away like many other shows that lost steam. FINISH STRONG!

Anyone else reminded of Saving Private Ryan in the Liddy scene?

i hope next season is the last. Not because I think the show's getting weak, but I don't want to see it whimper away like many other shows that lost steam. FINISH STRONG!
I'm also thinking that. Maybe one more kickass season, or even just this if it ends well. As long as it goes in a good direction I'm fine with it. Also...goddamn cliffhangers.

Ep 12 preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkN_dZfK4Mc

Looks like after some chasing...Dexter gets Chase and Debra gets him

Incredible episode, to say the least.

You people should see it quick.

How does this season compare to the others? I still haven't watched any of it yet.

Quite slow early on (episodes 1 to 5), setup for the ending (episodes 6 to 9), very fast paced later on (episodes 10 to 12).

I think that, now that we're approaching the finale, it was a great season when you look at all of it, but admittedly it was somewhat boring to follow week to week early on. You won't have that problem as you can just watch the entire season next week. So yeah, it's great. Season 1 still reigns supreme in my book, but hey, maybe it'll never be replaced.

My prediction: Quinn will get pinned for Liddy's death based on the fact that his shoe soaked up Liddy's blood.

I know everything is pointing towards Deb being "ok" with what Dexter does, but I really don't think thats going to happen. First off, with tonight's episode, I'm almost positive she isn't going to find out about him. But even if she did, I really don't think she'd be ok with it. Dexter is the only "wholesome" person shes ever really known. Everyone else in her life has backstabbed her or lied to her about who they really were at least once. Literally the only person to ever not reveal themselves as a shit person has been Dexter. Her world would ****ing collapse. I mean, maybe she'd not feel as awful about it if he just killed these last three dudes related to the Barrel Girls, but she'd still be a wreck. But if she did find out about him now, she'd eventually find out that hes been doing it since he was a damn kid. No way she could handle that sort of breach of trust.

What you say is true, about Deb. But you just described what would make this development so compelling in the first place. The whole point is seeing her world collapse. People have been waiting for this for a very long time. It being impossible would ultimately be bad for the show. I think it's about time they've stopped going for idle threats in the promos and the episodes. It has to happen eventually.

That was great.
I am now scared to sleep.

I saw the whole thing. "They were so much more comfortable with me killing people than kissing a man"

lol

So...
What a terrible finale. It's like nothing even happened this season...Lumen left, Quinn is buddies with Dexter and everything is all cleaned up. What a joke.

I'm positive that the thing with Dexter and Quinn is not cleaned up. If anything, Dexter just confirmed all Quinn's suspicions by covering for him. I'm happy with the way it ended with Lumen. It could have been cheap and lazy to end it with Jordan killing her and being a repeat of Rita, or having her fall on the sword and take the blame for all of it when the cops catch up to her. In this way its actually meaningful, in that hes given a glimmer of hope that he can rid himself of his Dark Passenger. It didn't make a whole lot of sense that she'd stick around anyways. The scene with Deb was intense, wasn't sure how that was going to play out, and it turns out I was right that she wasn't going to find out, even if she was so close she was literally looking at him. I liked the episode a lot.

They never end the way you predict but other Dexter seasons didn't end on a cliffhanger and I was still happy to see it close up like this.

This show is the prime example of writers creating no way out scenarios for their characters and the resolving it in a scene or two will little to no consequence. Its almost like watching bungee jumpers except the cord is magical and you can guarantee it will never snap.

This show is the prime example of writers creating no way out scenarios for their characters and the resolving it in a scene or two will little to no consequence. Its almost like watching bungee jumpers except the cord is magical and you can guarantee it will never snap.

Yeah, except that whole thing with Rita and whatever.

yeah, that twist totally saved the show in every single way forever and makes everything that they ever do okay

This was easily the worst season to date but the last 3 episodes weren't too bad.
The finale was pretty good, not great by any measure, but not really terrible either.
God, I really... REALLY wanted Deb to finally catch Dexter... god, that entire scene was one giant cock tease.

Miguel actually made Season 3 worth the ride.

This season really has no redeeming qualities that I can see.

yeah, that twist totally saved the show in every single way forever and makes everything that they ever do okay

Of the five seasons, the writers have managed to get Dexter to hide his tracks cleanly for three of them. Thats not terribly unbelievable for a serial killer who has been killing people since he was a teenager.

I'm a bit ambivalent towards the finale, although it ended on a bit of a philosophical note for Dexter, which is good. Also, Deb's subtle changes were interesting enough. As for Quinn's thing, oh well he became somewhat likeable towards the end of the season, so I'll tolerate the development.

Even seasons worst seasons, odd seasons best.

Will 6 buck the trend?

I don't understand, what exactly did Dexter do to cover for Quinn?

Lied about the blood sample?

But then again, you'd think they'd investigate anyways considering... IT'S ****ING BLOOD ON HIS BOOT.

Lied about the blood sample?

Well no shit. But what was the lie?

The only thing I could think of is saying that it was Quinn's own blood. But even then he's still suspicious because of how he was acting when Laquerta and etc. confronted him.

Seems like just incredibly ****ing lazy writing then :/

What the **** could Dexter possibly have said about the blood that would just nullify how suspicious Quinn was acting?

Seems like just incredibly ****ing lazy writing then :/

What the **** could Dexter possibly have said about the blood that would just nullify how suspicious Quinn was acting?

Everything else was entirely circumstantial.

Mind elaborating?

I know they didn't have any hard evidence, but I don't get how all that suspicion could just evaporate. They're supposed to be detectives.

Because they're his friends. They never really (wanted to) believe he would murder the dude, so in the absence of any actual evidence they're more than happy to believe that their pal is innocent and accept his explanation of the voicemail messages.

Who says it did evaporate? Just because they let him out of custody doesn't mean hes not a suspect anymore. I mean, if that were the case, then yeah thats a terrible display of shitty writing, but I really doubt its over for him. They do have some evidence with the phone records, especially since they were talking with each other just minutes before Liddy's time of death, plus one call almost exactly at the time of death. Thats all in addition to some actual hard evidence with the police equipment signed out in his name. I really don't think the writers would be so lazy as to ignore all that.

Veg is asking about how they didn't tell us who Dexter said the blood belonged to.

Eh, the blood test would probably only have been matching the blood on the shoe to the victim's blood. All Dexter has to say is that "it isn't a match", he doesn't need to tell them that Quinn's little nephew Timmy must have had a nose-bleed over his uncle's foot.

I love how Dexter says, "I better get these to the lab" and then a whole day later shows up for work and no problems. If I skipped a whole day of work my boss would have had my balls in a vice and my dick in a blender

Some of you may be forgetting that Liddy's dirty, and LaGuerta knows this cuz she helped bust him. Even if Dexter didn't help Quinn out, it wouldn't be that hard to explain with the truth. Liddy's phone would have the message Quinn left from when he was at the van and Liddy wasn't there. The blood on his shoe would check out with his story about finding the van locked, and the blood dripping out the van onto his shoe, which would mean Liddy was already dead when Quinn got there. Liddy's body sat overnight, too, so the best they could do on time of death would be within an hour or two. And with Quinn being a cop, he could easily say "if I killed someone I damn sure wouldn't be walking around in the same clothes I was wearing when I did it, I may be dumb, but I'm a good cop (well, dirty, but good, ya know?)". And in the end, LaGuerta probably doesn't really give a shit why Liddy's dead, in the grand scheme of things. Dexter fixing the blood sample was really just a plot device for Quinn/Dexter's relationship, and not really necessary to clear Quinn, imho.

Overall, definitely the weakest season. They spent way too much time on all the other side story bullshit, so by the time the finale came they had to rush everything. The Lumen thing wrapped up about the only way it could have I guess. I mean, they couldn't kill her off without being a repeat of Rita. And the Dynamic Duo thing wasn't gonna fly, either. Some great moments in it, to be sure, but just not the same show I fell in love with. Hopefully next season will be back on track.

Just because hes dirty doesnt mean they're not going to investigate a murder. If they just ignore his death, then thats ****ing retarded.

I think this was one of the better seasons, honestly. Dexter had a lot of development, and I really enjoyed the Lumen storyline. Certainly not the weakest season, in my eyes.

Back