Dexter Season 6

I like how they didn't mention anything about what happened last season.
That's because nothing really happened last season! :trollface:

I'll watch it but I'm not hopeful..just waiting for the tarp to make it's return from last seasons finale, in one way or another.

I have to admit that I'm hyped for this milking. Really enjoyed watching the previous seasons, so wouldn't mind them making a couple more.(Although I doubt they will be able to make something that fits after the last season like Lucid said)

I didn't even finish the last season. Seriously, I don't know what happened, but I sort of felt like it was awful and I gave up watching it.

I think I have all the episodes still so I'll start watching them one by one starting.... tomorrow. :D However, that teaser for the new season looks hopeful at least.

So they are doing another season of it? I thought they ended the last one the way they did so they could finish the show.

Apparently Edward James Olmos is joining the cast as a professor of religious studies, although he's going to be involved in a major arc and might be present through the whole season. D:

I like how they didn't mention anything about what happened last season.
That's because nothing really happened last season! :trollface:

Also nothing about the 5th season is mentioned because that teaser was used before for the 5th season. Notice Lumen screaming there? Yeah that's right. This was originally made for the 5th season.

no f u and your logical deductions

New teaser:

[video=youtube;FcQT5kEb2ws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcQT5kEb2ws"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcQT5kEb2ws[/video]

It seems religion is the theme this year, and to be honest I don't like this direction it's taking at all. I just don't see Dexter and religious/mystical elements working well together.

That looks god damned awesome.

Edward James Olmos better say "So say we all" atleast once.

I just, for no reason, started re-watching the show from the beginning again. When does this new season start? Wondering if I can get through all of them before it does.

Just finished watching the whole thing again. Glad to hear its not ending this season, because I really love the show. I know a lot of people think its run its course and should end, but **** y'all.

Clip from the new season.
Oh lawdy lawd.

Bump. First episode was shown last night, thoughts?

Haven't seen it yet, but will get around to it this week sometime. Probably tonight.

I just saw it. It was good, pretty fast paced and definitely more exciting than last season's opening. I have good hope.

Dexter "finding God" made me laugh. With the Revelation verses and the main villain's (presumably) religious motivations it seems that religion is gonna be a theme this season.

As per the information in the spoiler tags, that was obvious to me well before the viewing of this episode. Although, perhaps you choose to avoid spoiler-laden trailers. Anyway, best episode of Dexter in awhile, it had the peculiar atmosphere from the first season, and Dexter's indefinable but alluring coldness seemed to resurface. I will definitely be watching this season.

Solid opening episode, I'm just happy its out now and its in full swing.

Great ep.

I just sincerely hope that they don't go over the top with religion.

Deb is very amusing, even if she's ridiculously unobservant for a detective.

lol @ gratuitous tits in the season opener.

I love Deb. She's such a bullheaded person and tries to do things she obviously shouldn't be doing just to prove she can. Like being a cop. Shes actually pretty bad at it, though has moments where she can do good at it. How she's so overwhelmed by her emotions all the time that she's rendered completely useless sometimes, and is always falling in love with random dude, idunno, she's just like a lovable buffoon sometimes, which makes her a really good "sister" character.

What an interesting development for Deb, although one could've foreseen it was due to Matthew's resentment of LaGuerta's blackmail, but it is also reminiscent of how LaGuerta herself got promoted to Lieutenant. Matthews seized the opportunity of Deb's recently acquired fame, although he could've promoted her regardless, it gave more justification to his decision

Also, I like Deb, she has endearing traits, or has had them in the past. Brian Moser summed up her character (at the time), succintly "so desperate to fall in love".

I can't comment on the whole season yet, obviously, but this season has drawn me in more than the past three have. Not that that ultimately means anything, but I'm cautiously optimistic. The preview for episode three promises to keep things similarly interesting.

I really enjoyed the first two episodes, surprised by the amount of new stuff they came up with to keep the series interesting.

Holy crap @ the end of this episode. That shit is awesome.

Shit, I forgot about this yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't have cable or showtime, so I must go hunting on the net for it. I'm going to watch this later today.

Watched it a little bit ago. Yep, the ending was surely an attention grabber. Wondering if Deb's decision will end up biting her in the ass.

Also, I enjoyed the icy blast from the past, so to speak.

Wondering if Deb's decision will end up biting her in the ass.

I hate Deb, but I hate Laguerta even more, so I hope it works out.

Also

I hope the blond lab assistant doesn't turn out to be yet another psycho. I mean it's already been done twice already. Once with Quinn's girlfirend who turned out to be Trinity's daughter, and the other time with that woman that framed Angel for rape then tried to kill Dexter.

love this show but everyone watching it with us is always like, 'how does he get so much free time out of the lab all day" and I have to agree. It makes no sense at all how Dexter gets so much free time to follow people and investigate so much

I'm glad to hear other people didn't finish the last season. I can't say why I didn't, I just didn't start watching the next ep, and never felt the need to go back to it.
Will have to finish it off and start the new season since everyone seems to like it.

Great episode.
****ing bizarre ending.

Also, seriously
what's with Masuka's assistant? Don't even ****ing tell me she's going to be another long lost relative of Dexter and the ITK or something

I hate Deb, but I hate Laguerta even more, so I hope it works out.

It is telling of Deb's character that in the recap alone she dropped the f-bomb, what, three times? Anyway, point being is that if the writers toned down her vulgarity her character would be much more tolerable, but inconsistent of course. But yeah, LaGuerta is even less tolerable considering she seems to lack any kind of sincerity. There were flickers when she was with Batista, but beyond that. I don't know, maybe loyalty would be a better word. I just wish they would've implanted a scene into the first season where LaGuerta hit on Dexter but fell on her ass because he side-stepped her, like in the books. Heh, random thought, despite their animosity towards each other LaGuerta and Matthews would be perfect for each other.

Back