Dexter Season 6

Deb is ****-ass donkey-balls awesome.

Wow, I think that ep was probably better than anything in the last season.

But, I do have fears and complaints.

For one, I'm going to be super pissed if Olmos turns out to be imaginary... I'd love to see him and Dexter confront eachother.
But, alas, it's pretty obvious that he is indeed all in Travis' head.

Quinn and Batista getting high was ****ing stupid, I was hoping Batista would threaten to arrest Quinn if he lit that joint.

And that thing with Harrison's appendix rupturing? Seriously? No ****ing way a kid that old could have his appendix rupture.
Dumb excuse to just get Dexter closer to God.
I swear that if they make Dexter a full blown Christian by season's end...

First off:

Most cases of appendicitis occur between the ages of 6 and 20 years. It is uncommon in children under 4 years, but the rate of perforation is high in this group since young children are unable to tell exactly how they feel and "where it hurts."

Uncommon doesnt mean no ****ing way.

As for him becoming religious, he won't be. Every season ends with him learning something new, finding out how to take away something useful from things that corrupt other people. As an example, with Trinity he was learning that he wanted a happy family and that he actually cared about them which he thought he couldn't do before. So this will end with him being "enlightened" by seeing things differently despite him still not believing in God. He will appreciate the faith Travis has and that of Brother Sam, and he will try to experience that feeling for himself, but will vow to never be like them, same as what happened with Trinity.

Also, I think one of two things will happen with Brother Sam. He's either not actually out of the criminal world and is just lying, or he's actually a good person now, but will die trying to save someone else. The latter seems far more likely, since it will make a contrast between the "good side of religion" and the "bad side" with Travis.

Huh, I wonder why Deb referred to the Ice Truck Killer as Rudy instead of Brian, is there something I'm missing?

I'm pretty sure Brian Moser was his real name, but I'll double-check, and that Deb found out about it at the end of Season 4.

EDIT: Yep, Deb confirmed the Ice Truck Killer was Dexter's bro (using the name Brian Moser) at 36:10 of this video

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=WBW3VYSG

Yeah, I'm wondering if I'm missing something, doubt the TV producers would let an error like that slip.

Deb was doing research at the end of season 5 so to me it makes sense

I cant't recall all the occurances of season 5, but season 4 is when she found out and expressed those observations to Dexter. Also, the ICK's name is Brian Moser, not Rudy, the latter was simply an alias he employed that he stole off of one of his victims (a plumber he killed), I believe.

Could just have been her listing off his "identities" sarcastically. Dex said "kinda reminds me of..." and Deb goes "Your brother, Rudy, the Ice Truck Killer". Does come off weird though if thats what it was intended as. Could also be she just habitually called him by the name she called him the most. Like when my friend changed his name, I still found myself calling him by his old name.

^^Those are possibilities. Although her delivery seemed to lack the necessary inflection/expression. Eh, whatever, it's a minor detail.

I do find it interesting that they've managed to bring up the ICK at least three times so far (by how I'm remembering it). Perhaps the writers just have a fond nostalgia for the first season, I don't know.

Wow, I think that ep was probably better than anything in the last season.

But, I do have fears and complaints.

For one, I'm going to be super pissed if Olmos turns out to be imaginary... I'd love to see him and Dexter confront eachother.
But, alas, it's pretty obvious that he is indeed all in Travis' head.

Quinn and Batista getting high was ****ing stupid, I was hoping Batista would threaten to arrest Quinn if he lit that joint.

And that thing with Harrison's appendix rupturing? Seriously? No ****ing way a kid that old could have his appendix rupture.
Dumb excuse to just get Dexter closer to God.
I swear that if they make Dexter a full blown Christian by season's end...

Sorry, but it is obvious that both characters are REAL in the Dexter universe. First, they pulled up a photo of Olmos' character in the newspaper, and second Dexter saw Travis at the last crime scene AND Travis had dinner with his sister and the young white waitress so clearly he's real as well.

Never doubted Travis being real at any point.

Olmos on the other hand, I've yet to see him interact with anyone but Travis and sure, he may have been real at one point but I have a feeling that he's quite dead and is to Travis what Harry is to Dexter.

^^The above would be interesting as I remember a fellow fan telling me that an interview with one of the producers claimed that the writing team was shooting for a parallel between Dexter and the season's antagonist. The comparison in this sense has already been stated.

That I could see happening, though Olmos tying up the waitress before Travis was awake seems to put a crimp in that idea. You could handwave it away I suppose, but it would seem hackneyed if they did.

Yeah, he'd have to be a much more powerful figment of the imagination than Dex's dad - he's never controlled Dexter's body while he slept afaik.

I said it'd be intereting, not necessarily realistic. I'm waiting to see how it all develops.

I don't see how that cancels out that he could have multiple personalities and could've very easily did all of those things and then went back to sleep.

I'm just not sure how realistic others would consider that storyline possibility to be, as in "would the writers really use that ploy? It's possible, though.

She wasn't THAT tied up. Her ankles and wrists were tied, she could have easily gotten up and out of the bonds or just out of the door if nobody was there even for a moment to watch her. If he did it and went back to sleep even for 30 seconds she'd have been outta there.

I don't see how that cancels out that he could have multiple personalities and could've very easily did all of those things and then went back to sleep.

Yeah it's not impossible, just kinda silly - to have his own Tyler Durden based on an actual person.

I would like to say that the SAW-style trap set for the waitress was pretty cool. If I had to die via some brutal device, that one would be near the top of my list.

The locusts were a bit overkill in my opinion.

EDIT: and also too typical

Yeah, at least they had the advantage of scaring the crap out of everyone, though.

Man, Drunk Quinn is hilarious. He's really good at acting drunk, or maybe he actually does get drunk for the shoot?

Also this last episode was really good. Lead to something I didn't expect.

"She has an outrageous ass" made me laugh.

Good to see a particular figment of Dexter's imagination is back, and the preview of the next episode was very interesting. I wasn't expecting that particular problem to re-surface, but bravo for Dexter's writing team.

Great ep.

Quinn drunk was fun but I think I've had enough of him and probably wouldn't miss him if he were to suddenly disappear.

Gotta love on the spot murders. The sith lord hath renewed strength.

Dexter re-newed for two more seasons, but they are likely to be the show's "swan song"

http://horror.about.com/b/2011/11/21/dexter-renewed-for-two-more-seasons.htm

As for the writer of the article's comments, which stated that he liked 5 and not 6, I'm actually thinking of the reverse. While the "road trip" episode is a waste of time, this has been a very decent season so far. If these two seasons are built up to be the last, hopefully the tension will build up enough and the content won't simply be "filler". I'll be watching.

Eh, I'm ready for something new. Dexter was an amazing show when I first discovered it, then it seemed to go downhill with the exception of the latter half of season 4 and now season 6. I don't mind that the end is coming, just make the build up to the finale, and the finale itself good and I'll be satisfied.

recently rewatching season one with my housemated, reminded me that i hadn't even attempted to watch season 6. is it any good? really don't want my view of this show to be tainted - it almost came close in two of the seasons, but they managed to smooth themselves out. heard mixed things about season 6, lots of bad.

I haven't been able to shake the thought that maybe Geller is simply Travis' ghost, and he's doing all the killings himself.

Actually I'm fairly certain that the "professor" is real.

On an unrelated note, what I find funny about this show is that it's structured like an old-school videogame. You have Dexter killing a few insignificant dudes throughout a series, then there's the buildup to the "boss fight" with the "super killer" in the finale.

So, I've heard that quite a few people don't like Season 6, while I actually think it's been a very decent season so far. I'll leave the final ranking until I've seen the last episode, though.

just watched the first episode, thought it was pretty good, lots of laugh out loud moments which i think is pretty true to dexter's roots and something i thought the show had kind of lost in the last season. about to watch the second episode now because i can't get to sleep without thinking about some of the interesting things i want to see from the first episode continued i.e. the shooting, snakes.

cool.

So, I've heard that quite a few people don't like Season 6, while I actually think it's been a very decent season so far. I'll leave the final ranking until I've seen the last episode, though.

I've liked this season so far as well. Its not the best of them all, but its perfectly enjoyable. Then again, I've liked every season so far, and everyone apparently hated the one with Lumen.

EDIT: Just watched tonights episode...
OMG GELLER WASN'T REAL HOLY SHIT. Kind of lame how obvious it was. I was hoping it was a lead up to some twist playing off the expectation. Oh well, at least there was that other twist which I didn't see coming at all.

I'm guessing you were referring to the arm from the ICK murders being in the tech guy's apartment? Yeah, I wasn't expecting that. Is he a full-fledged psycho? Time will tell. And yeah, pretty much everyone thought Geller wasn't real at some point, that suggestion never left my mind when watching every new episode this season, I almost groaned when it was proven true. Perhaps there'll be a twist as to why Travis killed Geller.

Also, yeah, I'd say the fifth season was the worst of them all, in my opinion. It felt too...unfocused and the character of Lumen was a poor choice to center an entire season around. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this season wraps up with DDK, Angel's sister's tryst, and Deb's slow evolution with her therapist.

I actually wasn't expecting it to happen any more. I really did before but not any more. Mostly because last episode when Gellar 'escaped' from Travis and Dexter, but of course I now realize that Dexter never saw Gellar. The same for this episode when it was Travis who saw Gellar enter the school. It seems really obvious in hindsight, that Travis stopped the elevator, that he made up seeing Gellar enter the school. I think they set it up pretty cleverly. When Dexter opened that freezer, I wasn't quite sure what to make of it actually, I was like "wait, did Gellar just climb into the freezer...?". Derp, maybe I'm just slow.

Also now that I think about it the blood writing on the wall moment was a 'okay Gellar is real' moment. Still kind of a weird moment now that you know he isn't, Travis must be suffering from one hell of a split personality disorder, because he was genuinely shocked in that scene.

Didn't Dexter say at one point, "I've been spotted, it's going to make it that much harder to catch Gellar" or something like that? Maybe Travis "warned" him beforehand I'd have to re-watch that part. Another thing is, I wonder how long Gellar has been in that freezer?

Back