Dexter Season 7

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
So am I the only one left on this forum that is excited for this show? This season is going to be completely nuts.

I would post a trailer or something, but I heard that the official trailer pretty much spoils everything that happens in the first episode regarding the cliff hanger ending of last season, so I've been trying to avoid it, and suggest anyone waiting for the premier to do so as well.

I'm pretty psyched as well! Extremely exciting ending of the 6th.

I stopped watching after season 5. Can't bring myself to get back into it. At least I have Treme and Boardwalk Empire.

I'm just hoping that they don't **** it up this time.

Though, with the completely retarded and unwarranted Deb incest storyline they introduced last season... my hopes are very low.

my girlfriend, myself and my best friend will be watching this. can't wait till tomorrow night :D

They have been hinting at the fact that Deb is romantically in love with Dexter since episode 1... The way she acts around him is not like normal brother/ sister for sure.

I'm a huge fan of the series and cannot wait for the 30th!

I'm looking forward to it, I've watched this show from Season 1 on and this is supposedly the first of the final two seasons. Not to mention, events from season 2 are going to play a role in the story. Don't want to be spoiler-ish, but the inclusion of those plot elements made me giddy.

Anyway, the writers would have to be painfully ignorant of the overwhelming disapproval directed towards last season's "twist" and the blandness of the writing. Hopefully, they've taken something from all that.

They have been hinting at the fact that Deb is romantically in love with Dexter since episode 1... The way she acts around him is not like normal brother/ sister for sure.

Can't say that I ever got even a hint of that at all until this past season.

the last couple of seasons of this have been pretty poor in comparison to one and two, but i still really enjoy it. i guess i'm too heavily invested in dexter as a character to give it up. from the incredibly spoileriffic trailer i caught of this season, it looks pretty nuts. excited to see how much further they can go off the rails.

Is season 6 on Netflix? Frankly, I found season 5 to be a huge dive in quality and the general direction of the themes and character to be all over the place and not very compelling at all. It's pretty sad that I know Deb will catch Dexter killing from a random ass commercial for the show on comedy central. They'd have to go in a very interesting direction to get me back into this.

i think that's a pretty interesting direction, personally. it's the direction this show should of probably gone about three seasons ago.

The second book touched on that theme a little bit, Debra knowing about Dexter I mean, but in the book it started off as a bit more subtle than in the show, not sure how it developed from there as I stopped reading after book two.

Aside from that, I think the departure of Clyde Phillips hurt the show, not to mention the addition of new writers. I don't know, I still perceive Seasons 1 and 2 as the best quality seasons, but the second suffered from some character annoyances (number four was a close third).

And honestly, while I'm very intrigued to see the conclusion of Dexter, I'm more interested to find out what role Hall will play next.

Probably another antihero. You know, typecasting and all.

I'd be fine with that, if it was as captivating as Dexter...started out.

Anyway, is the premiere also going to be playing on the showtime website as well? I'll have a look, but is there a legal website where I could buy a subscription for the whole season, and see them on the night they are released?

EDIT:

Think I'm screwed, for now.

Holy... ****ing... shit.
****ing everything. She knows everything. I really didnt expect her to realize everything. They threw me at first with her going along with Dexter's initial story. And LaGuerta, she knows Doaks isnt the Bay Harbor Butcher now. And what the **** is up with the creeper guy? Now he's pissed at Dexter too... This season is going to be off-the-charts intense.

The ending was awesome. About to go to bed soon, so can't type out a long message, but simply wow. That complete exposure towards the end was...unexpected.

Everything about this first episode felt like a different show from last season.

**** just got real.

My predictions:
This Ukrainian guy is gonna go to war with the homicide department since they are shutting down their clubs and their guy Dexter killed. Deb is going to try and warm up to Dexter but he drugs her so he can go out and kill someone. They are gonna f*** for sure this season though... IDK how but it's on like Donkey Kong. There is no way he's going to kill her. The weir forensics guy is going to cross the line and Dexter is going to "scare the shit out of him"

pretty good start to the season. thought the whole airport scene was pretty daft, though. if you're going to hunt and stalk a wanted man, who killed a cop, no less, then is following him, drugging him and killing him in the airport really all that sensible? i can't think of any places that are going to have more cameras than a post-9/11 US airport terminal. the guy has heat enough as it is, and dexter too - from his sister at least. seemed an incredibly bold move. really hoping that this show doesn't end up like lost though with two many plates in the air at the same time.

pretty good start to the season. thought the whole airport scene was pretty daft, though. if you're going to hunt and stalk a wanted man, who killed a cop, no less, then is following him, drugging him and killing him in the airport really all that sensible? i can't think of any places that are going to have more cameras than a post-9/11 US airport terminal. the guy has heat enough as it is, and dexter too - from his sister at least. seemed an incredibly bold move. really hoping that this show doesn't end up like lost though with two many plates in the air at the same time.
He's not wanted though, the police dont even know he exists. They know "some dude" killed a cop and a stripper, thats it. All they know is one of about 20 million people living Florida did it. Also, there's no cameras in a bathroom, not even in post 9/11 airports. All they would have seen would be a guy pushing a sleeping guy in a wheelchair. Yeah, he'd probably be on camera, but unless people are suspicious of him in the first place, they're not going to think anything of it.

It was a little silly that he got through security with the syringes without having to show his "prescription" but then again, he said he had one, and he's white, so even that is really not that weird.

You know, I half-expected to see Deb go onto Dexter's computer and encounter Viktor's mugshot plainly on the screen. I breathed a sigh of relief when that didn't happen.

Also, all the flashbacks gave this a Season 1 vibe, which I am definitely happy with. I can't remember everything from that past seasons, but it seems after two, they didn't have as much flashbacks and instead used Harry's ghost as a narrative device. I guess maybe why I disliked that was because he appeared out of nowhere (pun not intended) at the start of season 3 or so.

And I have to say, this first episode is roughly a hundred times better than that cheesy high school reunion episode, the first from last season.

I so wish Enver Gjokaj had been given a recurring role. Real wasted opportunity there.

Yeah, when I first saw him I was like "Oh, sweet!" then I realized Dexter was going to kill him this episode, and was like "Oh... :("

At least Titus Pullo (Ray Stevenson) is going to be a recurring character, I had the same initial reaction when I saw him too.

He's not wanted though, the police dont even know he exists. They know "some dude" killed a cop and a stripper, thats it. All they know is one of about 20 million people living Florida did it. Also, there's no cameras in a bathroom, not even in post 9/11 airports. All they would have seen would be a guy pushing a sleeping guy in a wheelchair. Yeah, he'd probably be on camera, but unless people are suspicious of him in the first place, they're not going to think anything of it.

It was a little silly that he got through security with the syringes without having to show his "prescription" but then again, he said he had one, and he's white, so even that is really not that weird.

right, he isn't ''wanted'' per se, but is it going to be too long before he is a officially wanted man? they're onto his syndicates case already, so it's just a matter of time before they have a ID on the guy. i know dexter has gone after six seasons worth of wanted criminals in his time, but never in an airport - that's the part that strikes me as odd, knowing how easy it is to be caught on cctv there. they wouldn't see ''a guy'' pushing him in or out, they would see dexter pushing him in and out. that's the second part that strikes me odd.

Well, he's also been on camera with Jordan Chase the same day he killed Chase's head of security Cole Harmon in a high end hotel, which presumably also has cameras all over the place. And the police would have known exactly which date Cole went missing and could have checked the video surveillance. The police dont even know this guy is dead or missing or even if he fled out of state, so they'd have to go through days worth of security footage in multiple airports they dont even know he's been to.

I'm not saying its impossible to for him to get caught, but a lot of things need to line up right for anyone to actually catch him in those few minutes of footage. The way this season seems to be going though, that could be yet another thing that gets piled on top of the list of Dexter's problems.

I so wish Enver Gjokaj had been given a recurring role. Real wasted opportunity there.

Not to get off topic, but I think he was on the show Doll house (sci-fi type show). I was pleased with his performance, and it is indeed a shame he didn't have a more fleshed out role in Dexter.

Not to get off topic, but I think he was on the show Doll house (sci-fi type show). I was pleased with his performance, and it is indeed a shame he didn't have a more fleshed out role in Dexter.
He was, and was by far the best part of that show (alan tudyk would have beaten him if he had more air time though).

so they'd have to go through days worth of security footage in multiple airports they dont even know he's been to.

or just through his laptop, which had the date and time of the airport he was going to when he fled the country. he isn't just a killer on the loose, he's a cop killer. guy is gonna get a shit ton of attention.

but i digress, i had forgotten about the jordan chase season because of how rubbish it was, and i guess there's no point in denying the writing of this show has been pretty sloppy/lazy as of recently. still interested, just thought it was a bit of an oversight on his character.

New theory: The ukrianian guy comes after Dexter and does something to Deb, like take her hostage, but Dexter saves her and shows her the good part of his "monster." Changing the nature of their relationship once again

When Deb was saying how she's a part of it now that she helped cover up Travis' murder... If I were Dexter I totally would have mentioned how she helped me cover up Jordan Chase's murder too. Her head would have exploded.

They're handling this pretty well, in my opinion. Obviously Deb wouldnt just turn him in right away, or the show would be ending in the next episode, but her reaction doesn't seem implausible.

One thing that stuck me in this episode was that Dexter actually drugged Deb to sneak away from her. He's always been completely protective of her, so I'm not sure what to think about that. Either its just shitty writing and it doesnt mean anything, or he may actually more concerned with his survival than he is about the well-being of Deb, which is something I thought to be the opposite.

Well, he did say 'just enough for a good night's sleep' or something to that effect, so it's probably the equivalent of giving her a sleeping pill, ie. nothing really harmful.

Yeah, but he's still drugging his sister. That in itself is farther than I would have though he would go.

I hope you're not forgetting that Dexter is a psychopath, that kind of thinking doesn't enter his mind. It's "what do I have to do to accomplish what I need to do, and what are the risks/benefits", and not "who could this hurt". Also, he's killed an innocent man before lest we forget, he clubbed a guy to death in a restroom (who was being a jackass, but regardless... he didn't meet the criteria of "the code").

So frankly, at this point Dexter deserves whatever he gets for what he's done as far as his code is concerned.

Whoa, hold up now, Dexter isn't a psycho/sociopath. The show wouldn't be interesting and he wouldn't be the character that is if he was. I have even seen interviews where MC Hall talks about how he likes that Dexter thinks he isn't feeling anything and all the while he is have feelings about these thoughts. A real sociopath (serial killer style) would have killed Debra the moment she put her gun down in the church. He genuinely loves Debra as well as his son (and Rita's kids) which wouldn't be possible if he were a sociopath.

I think he is truly addicted to killing, mostly for the obsessive thrill he gets from it. His life would be boring if he didn't do what he does and if putting Debra to sleep means enabling his addiction than he would do. But, if you have seen the latest show then you see that he really wants Debra's help and sees that there is no other way. Like I said previously, though, that can all change as soon as someone comes after him and he has no choice.

i actually found myself caught out/getting ahead of myself in the last episode with out-loud theorizing. when deb took the ex-lab intern guy in the back of his car (can't even remember his name, how daft), called deb and spilled his heart out to her, i fully expected him to sit there whilst she drove off and then open the boot to reveal that he had, in fact, already cut him into little bits and was just putting on a massively elaborate show to convince deb that he had managed to restrain himself.

lo and behold, he did restrain himself. i mean i guess he didn't fit the code, but that hasn't stopped him before, and he had the full intention of getting rid of him once and for all. pretty interesting angle for this season to go down.

I kind of called it, but I had forgotten how they don't let personal story arcs float in the air like that for too long. The characters all have to move on to something a bit more interesting. Really glad they didn't make the whole season with him at her house. And was it just me or was the blonde girl from mass effect particularly hot in this episode?

I'm kind of annoyed that...
They just killed the intern dude. They didn't tell us anything about him. What the **** was his deal? How did he know about Dexter? What was he hoping would happen by interacting with Dex?

Who the **** even cares?
Louis was horrible, I don't mind that they swept him under the rug at all.

This season is pretty great so far, it's almost like they took all of the complaints of the past two seasons and fixed them.
Except for Quinn, how he has remained alive since Season 3 is beyond me.

Who the **** even cares?
Louis was horrible, I don't mind that they swept him under the rug at all.

This season is pretty great so far, it's almost like they took all of the complaints of the past two seasons and fixed them.
Except for Quinn, how he has remained alive since Season 3 is beyond me.
well, the fact he was so terrible as a character is what makes his dismissal so irritating. it was just so... over with. they build him up as this little shit of an annoyance, a thorn in dexters side, and though he claimed that his loathing of dexter was because of dex being negative towards his game, he still persisted in coming to work and dating whatsherface. when he continued to do this, and still turn up at work after dexter drugged him and dumped it, it really did look like there was going to be something else under the surface that made him want to continue being in the presence of dexter. but no, i guess it really was just a petty feud because of his game and the quick kill kind of confirms that the writers didn't have anything more interesting planned for him. that's what makes him even more annoying of a bad character.

Back