Dexter Season 7

Yeah, ****ing pro move by LaGuerta. Totally caught me off guard. No idea how Dex is going to get out of that one. Not caught red-handed, but all the evidence she needs to definitively link him and the butcher together.

Also... pro move by Deb? Anyone else think she may have done that to herself?

Also... pro move by Deb? Anyone else think she may have done that to herself?

I think so, yes. Hanah had a good point, that the witness was a mess and wouldn't do any good in court.

That did occur to me, Deb can be crafty at times. I remember Deb saying in a prior episode that she was going to start taking care of herself. And why not? She knows she can't entirely trust Dexter. Not only that, but even in this episode she mentioned she will do whatever it takes to severe the ties between him and Hannah.

Anyway, I have to hand it to the writers, they didn't reserve LaGuerta being on to Dexter's trail for the final batch of episodes. In a way though, it's a little irritating because it could end in a cliffhanger. Dexter seems screwed, with the Captain of Miami Metro on his tail.

My guess as to how it will play out (having not watched the spoileriffic previews)

WHY AREN'T SPOILER TAGS WORKING? DONT READ BELOW IF YOU DONT LIKE PREDICTIONS.

I think maybe Dex will be able to frame LaGuerta as to trying to frame Dexter. People know she desperately wants Doaks to not be the Butcher, and now Matthews thinks she's got it out for Dexter.

Just the fact that Debra didn't go completely ape-shit like she normally does proves that she's holding something back.

I think Dexter's going to prison. He's going to be called in as a suspect for that reporter/author's murder. Not as the bay harbor butcher though, that can't happen or there wouldn't be season 8

What in the goddamn **** just happened? None of this shit made any sense. How the **** is any of this going to play out? I usually have some idea as to whats likely going to happen next, but what the ****.

NKsJG.jpg

Pretty flipping intense. Though, I was somewhat prepared because of last week's preview. To be honest, I'm a bit tired so I'm going to go with the "what the **** happened?" impression as well, but it seemed to me Dexter jumped the gun (well, was about to). Nice to see one thread remained unresolved at the episode's end. I think.

Yeah, I was totally wrong. The thing I can think of now that would make sense is if they framed Laguerta. I'm probably wrong again though.

But Deb ****ed up Dexter's plan by killing Laguerta with her own gun, and not with Hector Estrada's. When I was thinking about what happened, the best plan I thought of was that they call it in to 911, say Maria killed Estrada and lured Dexter out there to frame him, and then Deb showed up and had to shoot Maria. But they were walking through the party casually afterwards so that didn't happen. So now all I can think of that's left to do is just dispose of Estrada and Maria, and then hope that people don't get enough to pin Maria's disappearance on the Morgans. Which... there's no way that's going to happen. The first place they'll look is at Dexter and Deb, and they'll see that Deb called in to find out where Laguerta's car was.

I was wondering why Debra did it, anyway. Couldn't she have just left the container and let Dexter handle it? What was she trying to achieve, by shooting her herself; it's not like she had to make a split second decision.

Well, I was interrupted about five times when watching the finale, but it seemed dumb for LaGuerta to head out to the shipping yard just because she heard Estrada's voice on the phone. Not sure what she was thinking, I'd have to watch that part again. But, you'd think she would have been weary of Dexter.

Matthews might help to sweep any suspicion under the rug for LaGuerta's death, simply for his affection for the morgans, and to spite LaGuerta. There will be a new captain for season 8, which may open up more story avenues.

And Hannah's still out there, somewhere.

I wonder that myself. She always tries to protect Dexter, so maybe that was part of it?

One thing is for sure, this is definitely going to end as a complete tragedy for the both of them. I thought initially that Dex was going to go down hard, and Deb would suffer because she cares so much for him... but now she's every bit as ****ed as he is.

I was wondering why Debra did it, anyway. Couldn't she have just left the container and let Dexter handle it? What was she trying to achieve, by shooting her herself; it's not like she had to make a split second decision.

I was wondering about that, too. Heat of the moment, maybe. Anyway, I heard Deb mutter "I hate you" to Dexter as she was cradling LaGuerta, I thought anyway. That was interesting.

I just watched it again, I'm pretty sure she wasn't saying "I hate you." She was just crying and breathing weird.

I thought I heard it, god forbid I can watch this show entirely without distraction, though. Anyway, at the very least, she said it with her eyes. I'd have to watch it again, just out of curiosity.

The whole time I was like "why the **** isn't LaGuerta calling for backup like last time?"
Nice to see that Hannah just randomly disappears...

The whole time I was like "why the **** isn't LaGuerta calling for backup like last time?"
Possibly because if she does and its just Dexter setting her up again, it means she's entirely ****ed?

Nice to see that Hannah just randomly disappears...
What makes you think she's gone? I thought her last scene made it pretty obvious that shes still still got a part to play.

I mean the manner in which it was done was just..***shed. Hospital breakout!

My sister thinks LaGuerta could still be alive, but she looked dead to me.

If she was alive, then it was pretty rude of her not to hug deb back.

Supposedly, Dexter is premiering in June, and according to the article that I read last night and that I can't find at the moment, the eighth season might not be the last. Dexter being a cash cow, I'm not surprised.

So I finally finished this season, and I'm with Deathmaster on why she didn't call for back up. I can understand not wanting to look like an ass again, but it would have been the safer option... especially after seeing Dexter's vehicle right outside the container! What the hell did she think was going to happen there? She works with Dex. She should know what car he drives. I can tell you about 50% of the employees' rides at my work.

Anyway, I was going to type I'm not sure if I'm worried about Hannah, but she told Dex when she was getting arrested.. "You should have killed me.." She's going to be coming after Dex and Deb so hard that's for sure.

MAN, that was suspenseful. :l

Back