Dexter Season 7

I think they were planning on making something out of him and then decided not to. Sending Dexter the hand was so open ended. It was probably just another bad writing decision that was part of the mess that was season 6.

Him coming back to work proved that he had no idea Dexter was a serial killer. I actually really liked how Dexter ruined him and then he got himself killed through going to the next step of getting back at him. Maybe his skeleton will come back in some way to ruin the new antagonist.

I think they are going pull something crazy out the captain's box of evidence in the next couple episodes. I'm really anxious for this next.

Also: So it was just me? Am I the only straight guy on this forum?

His blood on Dexter's boat is definitely going to have an impact in the show, they put too big a focus on it with the camera work for it not to.

But yeah, she was pretty hot. Didn't know she was from ME though, which character did she voice?

I loved the new episode. This season is one of my favorites so far... I like how it's no longer Dexter doing the stalking.

Agreed, they've really handled the situation really well. Its also incredibly tense, since you have no idea where this is going to go since nobody has ever done something like this before.

Agreed, good episode. I burst out laughing at Dexter mocking Speltzer.

Yeah, I also loved the last episode. This is shaping up to be one of the best seasons in Dexter.

I am very pleased with this season so far. I figured they would spirit Harrison away for a bit, though, which is a good thing.

Anyway, the intensity is building on multiple fronts. I can't wait for the next episode, and I haven't said that in two seasons. I would agree, this could be potentially one of the best.

Crazy theory: Dexter goes to prison for something completely unrelated to murder. Put there by Deb to stop him from killing people.

Comes back for the 8th season with a vengeance... Err wait this sounds too much like Weeds.

I'm afraid we might see a repeat of Harry with Deb. She's going to try and accept it, but... nope.

I wonder if they are going to run out of ways for Angel to leave the scene lol.

Won't the Colombians constantly have people trying to kill the guy while he's in prison?

I'm sure they've got people in there to protect him. If not, they'll get people in there. He's a boss after all.

him being a boss means he's going to have quite a bit of control over what goes on with the outside world, too. he can easily still kill dexter by using that bald dude or any other member of the organization. not sure why dexter would feel any safer after putting him behind bars.

him being a boss means he's going to have quite a bit of control over what goes on with the outside world, too. he can easily still kill dexter by using that bald dude or any other member of the organization. not sure why dexter would feel any safer after putting him behind bars.

I think he wants to take care of it personally.

Dexter is lucky the guy wants to kill him personally too. If he just wanted to ruin Dexter, he'd just rat him out. Though I suppose he still thinks the whole department is in on it, so maybe he figured nobody would listen.

Also, god damn I'm feeling bad for Deb.

yeah, i got that he wants to do it personally - that's what the whole siberia/fat party member chat was about: waiting - but all the same... seems daft. the whole waiting out to do it personally thing isn't too far apart from the villain mentality of having james bond die in scenarios he might be able to evade or escape from it at another date or in another place, when it would just be simpler to kill him by whatever means necessary.

guess it carries the plot forward, though. shouldn't really question dexter too much, it's pretty leave your brain at the door viewing at this point.

shouldn't really question dexter too much, it's pretty leave your brain at the door viewing at this point.

Agreed. I'm down continual character analysis and just guessing as if it were some daily soap opera. The overall plot is enough for it to be good though. I'm glad they aren't handling all of these things (Deb) in other ways.

Damn... Just damn. I kind of wished I had waited to watch the whole season at once now. The way they set Deb up for that was perfect. Not to mention that chick is soo hot. I hope she stays on the show for next season.

Yeah, this season is turning out pretty awesome. I do wish they'd stop making Dexter fall in love with practically every girl he meets these days though. I mean whats so different about this lady compared to all the other murderin' ladies he's killed before, besides her being ridiculously attractive. I'm sure plenty of the other killer ladies would have "accepted" Dexter like this girl does. Seems like at this point they're just shoehorning in a relationship each season, he's almost getting as bad as Deb.

Also, it was kind of lame how projected this "twist" was. Saw it coming halfway through the episode.

They're knocking it out of the park this season. Dexter and Isaac have great chemistry, as well as Dexter and Hannah. The kids are still annoying however.

Yeah, the kids are annoying, and as for Harrison the writers seem to have no idea what to do with him, at all.
Since they are all so conveniently placed under one roof, it would be a good time someone to kill everyone.

yeah, i got that he wants to do it personally - that's what the whole siberia/fat party member chat was about: waiting - but all the same... seems daft. the whole waiting out to do it personally thing isn't too far apart from the villain mentality of having james bond die in scenarios he might be able to evade or escape from it at another date or in another place, when it would just be simpler to kill him by whatever means necessary.

guess it carries the plot forward, though. shouldn't really question dexter too much, it's pretty leave your brain at the door viewing at this point.

Well, now you know why he wants to do it personally. He was gay for Viktor. See? There was a reason. Boom.

Yeah they were clearly more than just friendly colleagues given how he cried over Viktor's photo a few episodes ago.

Yeah, I didn't think it was that far-fetched even before it was revealed they were lovers. I took it in the same vein that half the time Dexter does exactly the same thing. Sometimes it would be easier for him not to kill someone himself and to move on to the next person who fits his code but no, he's actually been known to keep his kills away from harm just so that he can waste them himself at a later date.

Case in point: Isaak Sirko. Dexter saved him from a hitman just so he could have him.

Heaps of personal grudge / vendetta stuff going on.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Issac was gay, but my sister didn't catch on until it was explained either. I can't wait for tomorrow night (only just watched this last episode a few mins ago, had to wait for my sister to have time to watch with me). This season is ****ing incredible. Ray Stevenson is nailing it with Issac, and all the actors are just pulling off their parts perfectly and combined with the writing its very believable. So much shit is happening, I have no idea where its going. Dex and Hannah, Dex and Deb, Dex and the kids, Laguerta now on to Dex, Issac and Dex, Quinn and the brotherhood. Jesus, shits going to ****ing explode these next couple of episodes.

This is just a phenomenal season.

I can't believe Isaak bit the dust in the most recent episode. I thought Hannah was a goner, too, but apparently she survived. Oddly, I would've rather Hannah died, only because Isaak is such a great character, Ray Stevenson's charisma really shines through here. They've already introduced new antagonists, the Phantom, and Hannah's father, which I have my speculations about. Of course, the interaction between LaGuerta and Captain Matthews are definitely heating things up more than anything, and it's good to see they didn't wait for the final season for the weight to start bearing down on Dexter. Can't wait for the next episode!

I started cracking up when Deb finally told Dexter she was in love with him. The silence afterwards was so expected, yet so hilarious. But that was handled really, really well.
It still shocks me with how believable everyone is acting given the subject matter that pretty much no TV show has ever even dared attempt to bring up. The scene I mentioned was yet another example of a completely realistic and believable reaction to that whole thing. The writers and actors both are absolutely at the top of their game.
I honestly feel that this season could be the most ambitious bit of television I've ever seen, and they're pulling it off nigh flawlessly.

Yeah, I was surprised at the quality of Jennifer Carpenter's acting, given the subject matter. Yvonne Strahovski comes across as a bit shy, though, and I don't think that is part of her character. I'm not sure why I think that. Regardless, she comes across as more inhibited than Lila, which is preferable to being bat-poop crazy.

Anyway, agreed that the actors and writers are at the top of their game. I was genuinely surprised about the general quality of this season. I might actually rate this as the best season of Dexter. And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers and actors won awards because of it.

Three episodes left.

Yeah... I've developed a huge crush on Yvonne Strahovski over the course of this season. To the point where I just watched all of "Chuck" and I'm considering playing ME2 again. Considering... But yeah she is so ridiculously hot on "Chuck." More so than Dexter. What ever happens this season I just hope they do her death "justice."

The last interaction between Sirko and Dex was nothing short of f*cking awesome. That is all.

Just got done watching the most recent episode. Looks like the last two are going to be extremely intense.

Dexter's revelation was chilling, but it was also hilarious because he had to confront his own hypocrisy.

"You have to start taking responsibility"
(thinks): "Oh, shi--!"

Yeah, I wonder if this episodes marks a turning point in philosophy for Dex. He's going to start killing just because he wan'ts to...

Could be he ends up seeing something with Hannah that changes him back though, like usual with his philosophical experiments.

LaGuerta is going to permanently **** shit up for Dexter though, I know it. God, I still feel terrible for Deb, everything that happens to Dex ****s with deb tenfold.

I think it might marking the turning point, although Hannah could have an effect that changes his philosophy. If not, he could use Deb as a means to rationalize eliminating LaGuerta and Matthews, or "saving the people he cares about." It could be a necessary game-changer, both to avoid repetition, and to eliminate any mouths that could speak out against him. Of course, next year is the supposed ending point, and I can't remember if that was a for sure thing or just a mostly sure thing.

And yeah, as much as a shameful part of me wants Dexter to walk away from everything unscathed, I just as much, if not more, want the same thing for Deb.

Well, Dex has killed two people who didn't meet "the code" now, i.e. for personal reasons or out of anger. So he's pretty much deserves whatever he's got coming to him according to his own philosophy. Whether or not he takes Deb down with him should be interesting. Looks like Joey cleaned up his mess pretty well though :p

Well, Dex has killed two people who didn't meet "the code" now, i.e. for personal reasons or out of anger.

Ah but there's an interesting contract between the two.
The first non-code murder was a psychopathic outburst of rage and brutality. The second was a calculated but desperate attempt to protect himself and a loved one from a blackmailer - the kind of murder even a well-adjusted person can sometimes be driven to.

Wasn't there also the pedo from season 3? I barely remember anything from that one.

Looks like Joey cleaned up his mess pretty well though :p

Yeah, 1 word. Batista.

I like that it's basically a repeat of what Sgt. Doakes did in a similar dodgy shooting in Season 1. Batista didn't want to lie about the shots he heard there either.
Probably gonna be one of those things that eats away at him and he's gonna question Joey more about it. He was already suspicious.

Joey has basically spent the last 2 seasons getting himself in deeper and deeper shit.

Wow, I didn't think LaGuerta had it in her. The season finale is going to be intense, and the preview for next episode makes me wonder how Dexter will get out of this one, in order to have an eighth season worth watching.

Back