Did Eli Vance really go to MIT?

Xevrex

Still believes in Santa
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, they probably have though (the game has been out for 4 years and played COUNTLESS times!), but I noticed something in the level Black Mesa East.

When you meet Eli Vance and look at his model, you see him wearing a Harvard shirt with RVD clearly visible and the two A's cut off slightly. We already know that Dr. Kleiner and Eli Vance both went to MIT, as you've heard through the game and from Eli: "MIT graduates are few and far between."

What does this mean? Did Eli go to Harvard, or is this just an easter egg Valve put in?

No, Kleiner and Freeman are MIT geeks and Eli Vance probably have a Harvard education or he was a professor.

Gordon got his PhD from MIT and then went to do research at Insbruck. Izzy was a profesor at MIT. Judith's education is mostly unknown but she had only newly recieved a PhD at the time of the Black Mera Incident. Eli has no known connection to MIT.

No reason to think Eli went to MIT. People don't really wear Harvard shirts just for the fun of it, at least not in post-apocalyptic futuretimes.

No, he did not, because he is not a real person.

Maybe in a world where the combine rule good t shirts are hard to come by so they get whatever they can, hence eli wearing a harvard t shirt.

By beating up some nerdy Harvard kids? Like taking candy from a baby...

...took the shirt right off 'is back?
Hope the bastard deserved it Lost :p

It was GREAT. And he totally deserved it.

Actually, a musician left it in lost and found at the place I worked this summer, and after all the musicians left the tech cast lots for what they wanted. I am still in touch with the kid who owned it, but I don't really plan on giving it back because he was a douche.

Why do you think that he went to MIT just because he said there aren't very many graduates? That's like you thinking I'm Jesus because I said "Jesus isn't alive anymore."

Why do you think that he went to MIT just because he said there aren't very many graduates? That's like you thinking I'm Jesus because I said "Jesus isn't alive anymore."

This analogy does not make sense, and

I assumed (ass of u and me :p) that he was MIT because Kleiner and Gordon were, it seemed logical that they would go to such a school for a degree in physics. Also, it was never said where Eli went to school, so without noticing the shirt it is possible that one could have assumed the same thing.

He didnt got in because he spent too many time talking to G(ordon)-man.

It's that lousy Harvard education that cost him his life. You don't see Gordon, with an MIT education getting killed, and he's out doing many more dangerous things. :frog:

Back