Did you guys know Zelda: Skyward Sword comes out 11/20?

Yuri

Tank
Reaction score
because i had no frigging idea, and that's a shame. it's like, not advertised at all, what the hell nintendo?
http://zelda.com/skywardsword/

anwyay time to get excited, who's gonna get this?

I did not know, but I don't have a Wii so I dont really pay much attention to that scene. Hopefully Nintendo will make a good console next that will have backwards compatibility so I can play it.

There hasn't been a Wii game worth playing in ages. Seems like they have already moved onto the WiiU. Finally get to dust mine off for this though.

Will get this at some point, not at full price.

Waiting for my pre-order to arrive.

Also, everyone whose Wii is gathering dust, buy ****ing Silent Hill Shattered Memories.

I'd get this if I didn't finish ICO/SOTC, Batman, COD, BF2, Dark Souls, Dead Island, etc etc etc. I have too many games I got for my birthday

cant say i understand the Wii-hate. it's f*cking Zelda, people

cant say i understand the Wii-hate. it's f*cking Zelda, people
Because wii has been insignificant for long time now. This console has been collecting dust as much as my ps2 sitting next to it.

If you are a zelda fan, then go for it. The rest of us? We are too busy playing other good games instead of trying to re-live in nostalgia.

Because wii has been insignificant for long time now. This console has been collecting dust as much as my ps2 sitting next to it.

If you are a zelda fan, then go for it. The rest of us? We are too busy playing other good games instead of trying to re-live in nostalgia.
Go get Silent ****ing Hill!

Ah, yes, "other good games". Because Battlefield 3 and COD and Skyrim aren't liberally cribbing from ****ing past glories themselves. I don't deny their quality, but to say they don't crutch on earlier titles as much as Zelda is frankly stupid.

Exactly, it's a f*cking kids game.

Yeah, because having guns and violence makes a game mature.

Games these days can be played by 5 year olds. At least Zelda games keep it fresh every new game, and require some thinking to play.

There are so many games I've yet to even start for Wii, and I've yet to even pick up Silent Hill. Factor in the fact that Zelda games have never really clicked with me as well as they seem to with others, that I only got through like half of TP and haven't touched it in months, and I've yet to start on any of the classic Zelda's on virtual console and I'm definitely not getting this anytime soon.

Also, Zephos + Vegeta's posts. Durr hurr PS3 has no gaems, Wii is for children, PC gaming is dead, etc.

i dont understand the wii hate as in, if you already have one, then why the hell are you pissed? sure it doesnt have many worthwhile games but as a not-so-avid gamer, im actually excited to brush the dust off my wii, rather than inexplicably annoyed. the games that the wii does have (twilight princess, brawl, mario galaxy) prove quality over quantity for me.

and some of these comments are just ****ing stupid. riding on nostalgia? kids game? for real? theres a reason zelda games are so loved and highly rated, and it isnt due to a greedy corporate machine. they always achieve a great balance of adventure and puzzle, and to me are the most overall fun games ive ever played. but its cool, you can go back to shooting magic missiles, watching half hour cutscenes and playing multiple-choice conversation. maybe youll pick the right combo of conversation to get a sex scene! thats so adult!

Cvoyq.jpg

Enjoying it so far, but the early/tutorial parts are slooooooooow.

I hate the WII. I could hardy use the sensor, and there are so few good WII shoot em ups

Ah, yes, "other good games". Because Battlefield 3 and COD and Skyrim aren't liberally cribbing from ****ing past glories themselves. I don't deny their quality, but to say they don't crutch on earlier titles as much as Zelda is frankly stupid.
Typical response from zelda fan, you jelly? Who said anything about COD, BF3 or Skyrim? And yes, Skyrim is much more epic compared to zelda, whether you like it or not because fighting Ganon at the end is always considered epic, RITE? :rolling:

It's only a ****ing game that its glory is in the past. I shall not give a single **** if this game does well or not. I just don't care about zelda or past nostalgia at the moment, since I have other good games to deal with.

Go get Silent ****ing Hill!
Have it, beat it, hate it. I shall wait for Downpour.

Are we still acting like derivativeness is the only thing that separates a good game from a bad one? What a stale, worthless opinion.

In my opinion. :)

And yes, Skyrim is much more epic compared to zelda, whether you like it or not because fighting Ganon at the end is always considered epic, RITE? :rolling:

omg epic/10 so epic

imagine being so soulless and devoid of fun or imagination as to not enjoy a zelda game

a sickening thought

Typical response from zelda fan, you jelly? Who said anything about COD, BF3 or Skyrim? And yes, Skyrim is much more epic compared to zelda, whether you like it or not because fighting Ganon at the end is always considered epic, RITE? :rolling:

It's only a ****ing game that its glory is in the past. I shall not give a single **** if this game does well or not. I just don't care about zelda or past nostalgia at the moment, since I have other good games to deal with.

Why am I jealous? I own both Skyrim and BF3. I am enjoying them both thoroughly. I will also enjoy Zelda when it comes out. I'm saying that if you look at the entire ****ing landscape of games the vast majority "relive nostalgia" as much as Zelda does if not more. Why does Skyrim's "epicness" have any relevance. I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue.

I'm not even sure why I'm trying to argue actually, that post is just stupendously dumb.

imagine being so soulless and devoid of fun or imagination as to not enjoy a zelda game

a sickening thought

tbh I've never really liked any of the 3D ones, but I can see the appeal. It's just like... man, you know? I guess the 2D ones just woo me with their charm and simplicity.

Really though, the core gameplay is deep and robust enough to survive many different incarnations without drastically altering the formula. It's not just down to how derivative it is or how much it cribs on past success (which is partially true, let's be honest), it's about how well it reuses and reinterprets those elements while creating a new and interesting game around them. Or something.

it's obviously acceptable for zelda to not be your thing, but to feel the need to insult its fans and berate it is utterly preposterous.

it's obviously acceptable for zelda to not be your thing, but to feel the need to insult its fans and berate it is utterly preposterous.

yeah, this. i wasn't digging at you hat man, we good.

it's more the ''its a kids game!!'' mentality from some. whats that all about? i don't understand what that even means - my girlfriends cousin plays call of duty and those new batman games, and he's a kid.

tbh I've never really liked any of the 3D ones, but I can see the appeal. It's just like... man, you know? I guess the 2D ones just woo me with their charm and simplicity.

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE?

Zelda just doesn't appeal to me. In fact video games in general don't appeal to me anymore. All there seems to be now is renewal after renewal of the same f*cking game. In that respect Call of Duty and Zelda are on the same level. But if that's your thing it's your thing.

Also, lol at how offended people get just by saying Zelda is a kids game.

All there seems to be now is renewal after renewal of the same f*cking game. In that respect Call of Duty and Zelda are on the same level.

Have you even played more than one Zelda game? God you're an imbecile.

Zelda just doesn't appeal to me. In fact video games in general don't appeal to me anymore. All there seems to be now is renewal after renewal of the same f*cking game. In that respect Call of Duty and Zelda are on the same level. But if that's your thing it's your thing.

Also, lol at how offended people get just by saying Zelda is a kids game.

also lol at missing our point. we aren't offended by it - we relish and acknowledge the fact that they may or may not be developed with kids in mind, we just don't give a single **** about what it might be classified as. if a kids game is fun, so be it. by that reckoning mario 64, rayman, mario kart, crash bandicoot and pikmin were kids games, but they were still amazing.

you know you've made a good quality piece of media when both kids and adults can enjoy it. if the end result means that a younger audience becomes aware and intrigued by interesting video games, whats the problem?

if anything, we're offended at just how ****ing buttdumb stupid, ignorant and small minded you are. :cheers:

but of course video games in general don't appear to you anymore, of course! so get out the thread, get off the forum?

All there seems to be now is renewal after renewal of the same f*cking game. In that respect Call of Duty and Zelda are on the same level. But if that's your thing it's your thing.

Whoops that opinion I have has already been dissected to the point where I'll have to bring something more thoughtful to the table or risk looking like a silly person.

Nah I'll just post the same thing 5 other people already said with no additional commentary lol.

Back