DoD:S Free Weekend Preload

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
As we found out last week, Valve will be holding another Day of Defeat: Source free weekend starting this Friday (PST). If you missed the last free weekend that took place a few months ago, now’s your chance to get your hands on this popular WWII shooter for a limited time, FREE! Try out the fresh new maps and gameplay modes just introduced to this Source title and become part of the community by purchasing the game after this trial is over. Preloading has started today, so if you’re looking for a new FPS to play, try out Day of Defeat: Source for yourself. To start your preload, click here. What have you got to lose? (Smart aleck remarks start here)[br]

Cool Stuff! Ill check out the new modes. I have to much to play now tho, as soon as i beat all my sp games im probably going to start playing DOD:S here and there.

Glad that they are hosting another free weekend. I was to lazy to participate in the last one.

Yes! The last one passed under my radar, I'm so playing this time! :D

I look forward to pwning all the little noobcakes.

Watched from spectator mode after the new gameplay update, was not all that impressed. Looked way too much like cs with respawning. I think they made yet another mistake with dods by not keeping obj gametype the same as in the original dod. Thought this update might make me wanna get back into dods but it turned me off even more.

Don't say anything unless you've played it DJ :| Det plays differently than CS.

21.5 hours left...
Atleast they got the clock right this time.
time4iy.jpg

oh well, ill be out of town this weekend. I was looking forward to checking it out! guess ill have to break down and buy it someday.

Ive already got DOD:S, got it just after the last free weekend.
It would be nice if they held a Red Orchestra free weekend, I really want to see how that game is (I dont have UT2004 unfortunately)

DjBourgeoisie said:
Watched from spectator mode after the new gameplay update, was not all that impressed. Looked way too much like cs with respawning. I think they made yet another mistake with dods by not keeping obj gametype the same as in the original dod. Thought this update might make me wanna get back into dods but it turned me off even more.

It's not quite as horriffic as CS with respawning, but it's a poor cousin to the original.

I participated in the last free weekend, its a great idea and experience to play with so many people trying it out. Also lets you see if you like the feel of the game compared to the original, which it does differ from. Definately will get involved in this one too.

Noo! I'm going away this week and so wanted to try this out.. **** ;(

I own DoD:S it's a great game. It's nothing like CS, you must capture flags and in one of the recent updates there was a new gametype introduced that's more objective oriented. In this gametype you have to plant demolitions on enemy placements (this is more like CS except much harder).

I suggest that if you enjoy WWII games try it, after all it is free to try.

Firkat54 said:
I own DoD:S it's a great game. It's nothing like CS, you must capture flags and in one of the recent updates there was a new gametype introduced that's more objective oriented. In this gametype you have to plant demolitions on enemy placements (this is more like CS except much harder).
Sounds just like dod_charlie on the original DOD, just porting over gametypes still. Immensely fun map though, when it comes out on the source version, i'll buy it then.

Hectic Glenn said:
Sounds just like dod_charlie on the original DOD, just porting over gametypes still. Immensely fun map though, when it comes out on the source version, i'll buy it then.

It's much different than how dod_charlie worked. In this detonation mode, you have multiple objectes which can have explosives planted on them, however they can be defused and replanted as many times as you'd like. All of hte objectives thus-far required to hits to be destroyed. It plays much differently than dod_charlie did.

Great news! but could someone please explain how to pre-load the game, the Click here to preload button only takes me to the Buy DOD: S menu, on steam.

Woohoo! An entire weekend of hackers with unlimited DOD:S accounts!

Yay lots of noobs to kill!

Expect lots of questions about how stuff works later.

Loved the original DOD, especialy the early versions. I bought DODS, but although pretty it doesn't match up.
I'd enjoy it a lot more if they would make allowances for bots probably. :|

I think DOD:S is far superior to the original in so many ways, its hard to have to go back to 1.3 tbh

Pre-loading now. I played the last free weekend, what a brilliant idea it was! I loved it but never got round to buying it.

What is it like when there isn't a free weekend? Many servers/players?

Back