Does Barnie Die?

B

b_blakeney

Not much more I can say, especially having not played the game yet... Although I can assure you there's a good reason for it. ;)

--b

P.S. I'm new to these forums, looks pretty cool here. :thumbs:

No one knows what happens to anyone in the game, unless they work for Valve.

So, whatever people say is just speculation for now.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Why would you want us to give away the fate of one of the main characters?

Well, I think he does die... if you let the enemy turrets to rain lead on him.

He dies unless G-man saves him. Same for Eli and Alyx.

Bet Valve don't know some of the story yet. They discuss things. I imagine they didn't see themselves using Barney as a main storyline character when they initally concieved HL2 straight after HL1. But they found he was so popular amongst players, they decided to bring his character back.

Barney does not die... He goes on to become a successful childrens TV character

Yeah... I think your right. though you can no longer freely use him like you did in HL1.

Why would he die? The time that passes from you leave him until the citadel collapses is enough time to get out of range.

Most likely to have died. (in order):
1: Alyx
2: Eli/Mossman
3: Barney/Dog
4: Kleiner

Well, alot of people say that G-man saved Alyx... Anyway, I think Kleiner is far from teh Citadel... maybe he's still alive.

nah, i dont think they die i will explain

Hi all im new

Any ways, I believe the citadell explosion kills them, however i believe dr.klein (the scientist guy at beggining) will save them

Remmeber when you and alex tele'd from nova prospekt, well it took you a week. kleiner said "I believe i must look in to this" Hence TIME TRAVEL!!!!

I THink HL3 is going to lead you to beleibe they are dead. then snagg them at the last moment.

Well once again hi all

Well , Breen said that Gordon would blow up the whole citadel , and he probably did (we never see it :angry: ) . Calhoun never entered it , so he's probably alive .

Allied641 said:
nah, i dont think they die i will explain

Hi all im new

Any ways, I believe the citadell explosion kills them, however i believe dr.klein (the scientist guy at beggining) will save them

Remmeber when you and alex tele'd from nova prospekt, well it took you a week. kleiner said "I believe i must look in to this" Hence TIME TRAVEL!!!!

I THink HL3 is going to lead you to beleibe they are dead. then snagg them at the last moment.

Well once again hi all

I don't think Dr Kleiner will save them, teleporting from one lab to another is hard enough without teleporting them from random points in the citadel.
Although I suppose Eli and Mossman could have evacuated during the closing 5 minutes. But I would have thought they'd wait to see if Alyx was safe.
Looks like Alyx was saved, because G-man has both you and her, he touches her, although he walks across the background of a vertical drop.
I imagine he kept her, because of her "ability to adapt and survive against all odds"
I don't think Valve would introduce a character like her into the HL universe, and kill her off that quickly, unless the fans really really disliked her.

Well , Breen said that Gordon would blow up the whole citadel , and he probably did (we never see it ) . Calhoun never entered it , so he's probably alive .

He was most likley bluffing, he did want gordon to destroy the portal, so making him think twice about the citizens of city 17 might deter him...didnt though :p

I dont know about Barney, nobody knows.

Danimal said:
Barney does not die... He goes on to become a successful childrens TV character

ROFL

But he is hideously mutated by the radiation -- bloating and turning a lovely color.

Actually, he didnt die, and niether did alyx or kliener. reason bieng is i remember an interview where doug and gabe mentioned that they want to flesh out these particular characters more, give me a few tics to check back a couple of months in the new archives.

I hope Barney is okay....:((

he's my fav character... :D with Gman of course...lol
If they kill Calhoun i'll be depressed.. :( *sniff*

I think they're all dead. What better way to avoid cliche than killing off all the main characters? Besides, that way, they don't need to hire the same voice actors for any sequels. Apart from G-man.

-Angry Lawyers

Angry Lawyer said:
Besides, that way, they don't need to hire the same voice actors for any sequels. Apart from G-man.
Oh my god you are a lawyer! ;)

i reckon alyx will get it on with barney
- have kids or sumthing coz gordon has gone on a long vacation hasnt he.

i reckon hl3 wont come out for another 3 years and even then it wont answer any of our questions

After that huge explosion on the citadel there may no be enough left of Alyx for Barney to get it on with her. :devil:

Back