E3 2013 Games Thread

Wanted Bob

Companion Cube
Reaction score
So while there is likely going to be a large focus on the new consoles coming out this year (and we have threads to discuss those), I'm more interested in the games that are going to be announced or shown at E3 this year.

What are you all excited about? Personally I can't wait to see more of Watch Dogs, will be interesting to see how open and freeform it all actually is. The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, Rome II, and X Rebirth are other games I plan to be watching very closely as well.

Feel free to post impressions of what is shown as the expo goes on :D

Is it too late to hold out hope for God Hand 2?

Left 4 Dead 3 lol

Man I honestly just straight up forgot what's meant to be shown this year. The brouhaha over XBOne has been getting so much media (and social media) attention that it kind of drowned out everything else.

Edit: Would be cool to see some more Dark Souls 2. :)

Wow I can't believe I forgot about Dark Souls II. Definitely one of my most anticipated games right now. Heard they showed some footage during the Microsoft press conference, but I won't be off work for another 3 hours...

This is the DS2 trailer they showed. There's some gameplay in it but they didn't have an extended demo or anything.

As for the rest of Xbox's showings, most of it looked about as generic as I'd anticipated, but they managed to pique my interest with a couple of things. MGS5 looks like it could be seriously good (although I don't think that's an exclusive). The way they presented that Project Spark thing made it look really limited, but then the montage of all the different kinds of games people had made with it afterwards makes me a little curious. Finally, I was waiting to see what the ex-Infinity Ward crew would come up with after leaving Activision, and Titanfall looks genuinely fun. They've always known how to make a really tight shooter with great mechanics and this looks like no exception. Good thing it seems like it's coming to PC too, since I really have no interest in the XO.

Did you like God of War but thought it had too few QTEs? Microsoft has you covered.

Looking forward to seeing DayZ Standalone. And Arma 3 of course.

Oh yeah, that roguelike thing from the Superbrothers guys looks neat too, at least visually. Same goes for Witcher 3 but I couldn't really make heads or tails of what was actually gameplay in that.

Titanfall looks intriguing. It's also an XBone port from PC, soooooo...

New battlefront game announced. Developed by DICE. Oh God, please be good.

Psshh, you just go ahead and line up for your Outer Rim map pack DLC.

Premium accounts get access to Jar Jar as a hero unit.

**** all.

Forza 5 guy was funny. "I'm not racing against the AI, BUT THEY ARE AI."

The new MGS game reminds me of Hidden & Dangerous. I hope they port it to PC.

I'm happy to see Mirror's Edge 2 isn't dead. Also, The Division might have confirmed my PS4 purchase.

Watch Dogs gameplay just aired. Looks fantastic once again, nice to see the powers used in multiple scenarios.

EDIT: Wow, Sony has the upper hand now. Cheaper console, used games, no always-online nonsense, and Gakai streaming service (which I thought meant you can play PS3 games on the PS4, correct me if I'm wrong).

Sweet, I get to catch up on Sony exclusives this generation.

Only thing even remotely good so far is Wolfenstein,

and what the hell is halo guy doing in a robe?

All these games look like shit
Except Dark Souls 2

titanfall looks epic. i cant believe its running on a Source Engine variant.

anyone else find it kinda sad how it seems everyone but valve is announcing games people have wanted for ages? mirrors edge 2,battlefront3,final fantasy15,kingdom hearts3. I know you have to be patient and all but come on, final fantasy 15/13vs is finally releasing and that's saying something. half-life 3 feels just all alone now on a list of wanted sequels, hell not even half-life 3 but I want some kind of game information out of valve, their people have to be doing something besides dota2 and TF2.

Valve does not need funding.

Wake up to see the usual suspects for game announcements from their conference. And yet, for some reason I'm stupidly excited. I swear a year ago I had written off the 3DS and said I'd never buy a new handheld but damn if I don't want the new Pokemon, Monster Hunter and christ, the idea of Super Smash Bros on a handheld has me frothing. Actually feeling the need to run into a store and acquire one ASAP.

As for the Wii U my interest is still barely in it, though the new Donkey Kong Country looks luscious as does the new Super Mario (though I'm stupendously disappointed it's not a new Mario Galaxy). Of course I'd write off every single one of the aforementioned games if I didn't have anyone to play with, but my gaming circles have changed. Still waiting for Nintendo to make the console justifiable so I run out and grab Pikmin 3.

I guess half my enthusiasm comes from actually seeing some vibrant colours in games after the requisite grimdark of Sony/Microsoft. Just watching the Donkey Kong Country footage has me smiling like a stupid kid."

EDIT EDIT:

AH NAH **** IT NEED A WII U NOW

MGS5 made me cream.

The Division blew me away, totally out of the blue and was really impressive.

Watch Dogs just looks better every time I see it.

And for some reason, I loved Octoman (or whatever his name is).

KINGDOM HEARTS 3!!!! The end!

Also witcher 3 and Dark souls 2 look amasing.

A pity that kh3 isn't going to come to the mighty PC...

Back