election coverage gets a-rolling

Kangy said:
So it's not over yet?

Um, yeah.

Nope, not yet. Projections are misleading. Ohio isn't even fully counted yet if you thought it was already solid.

othello said:
nah... its over. in light of the 2000 fiasco, none of the networks have the balls to give bush iowa, new mexico, ohio, and nevada where he has clearly won.

No, neither can they give Kerry those states either.

Just wait.

Kangy said:
No, neither can they give Kerry those states either.

Just wait.

of course they cant, kerry is behind by thousands of votes! haha.. totally unbelieveable. as i said earlier:

wake up guys... kerry would have to win 80% of ALL outstanding votes for my tally not to be true. its over. bush wins new mexico, nevada, and iowa. kerry wins wisconsin. in the 5 counties left in ohio, bush is winning in 4 of them. military absentee ballots will only widen the gap, as 75% of the military is republican.

don't be so indignant... bush won fair and square yet again.

Bush didn't win the last election fair and square. He won by cheating. Gore is the real president, not bush.

EDIT: Seems as though bush won ohio, 99% and kerry is 2% behind.

NOOO!! The world is doomed! Shall we start the betting on which country he will invade next?

holy crap... the electoral votes are getting really damn close

BUSH - 249
KERRY - 242

@ 12:40am PST (Nov. 3rd)

MaxiKana said:
Bush didn't win the last election fair and square. He won by cheating. Gore is the real president, not bush.

yeah totally not true

othello said:

Everyone of your links (I actualy bothered to check'em all out) say things about how a total recount would've favored Bush anyway.

My link describes how the Bush campaign managed to disenfranchise tens of thousands of electors, that weren't counted in the first place.

now, please, STFU.

@gh0st: being from "EARTH" and not "AMERICA", are you really a supremist **** with your equation America > Earth?

@Sprafa: give it up, Othello doesn't listen to reason. We know about the votes that have not been counted but it doesn't matter anymore. It depends on who you know and how much money you spend in America, that's it. Politics is secondary...

Sprafa said:
Everyone of your links (I actualy bothered to check'em all out) say things about how a total recount would've favored Bush anyway.

My link describes how the Bush campaign managed to disenfranchise tens of thousands of electors, that weren't counted in the first place.

now, please, STFU.

If you win the electoral vote, the popular vote doesn't mean anything.

MadHatter said:
If you win the electoral vote, the popular vote doesn't mean anything.

If Gore won Florida, he would've won the electoral vote.

The whole election isn't fair anyway. This is the only western country that I know of that a president with the majority of votes can loose the entire election...

What do you fear Sprafa?

Invading Portugal would be like, invading New Zealand.

W.T.F. would be the term most closely associated with that action.

Oh, and a why? right after.

There is still a couple of hours to go before we can be sure

Nobody will invade Portugal we have been with the same borders since the 13 century.

I think he feels pity for an election that seems to be about foreign issues instead of health, education, tax etc etc.

But everybody got their chance to vote so have a good 4 years with bush again.

K e r b e r o s said:
What do you fear Sprafa?

Invading Portugal would be like, invading New Zealand.

W.T.F. would be the term most closely associated with that action.

Oh, and a why? right after.

My country means nothing. Can I not care for the fate of thousands of others around the World ?

You people sicken me with your arrogance.

Sprafa said:
My country means nothing. Can I not care for the fate of thousands of others around the World ?

Want me to call the WAAAAAAAAAmbulance?

My country does mean something.

i dont have to fight in idiotic wars for a start.

Blah! Avert you! On-Guard! Touche'!

Oh, I dont care if I sicken you. You dont care if you sicken me. Infact, thats how it started. :D

My country does mean something.

i dont have to fight in idiotic wars for a start.

Yes you will. When Canada invades the US. Too bad, Portugal is'int very well known for its militaries.

Sprafa said:

It always amuses me when people from other countries refer to our "arrogance," then turn around and say we're a bunch of bumpkins, rednecks and idiots. That, apparently, doesn't qualify as arrogance.

I think our army consistes of 2 or 3 ships and 1 submarine.
I prefer to speand my tax money on other stuff.

Anyway if you want to visit a nice calm country with nice weather come round.

Your tax money? Good. How about, spending it to stay in your own damn country.

If 9/11 had'nt of happened, the world would'nt be reaping for its injustices.

I am in my own damn country.

Dont confuse 9/11 with overseas wars.

Dont confuse 9/11 as being insignificant, either. Think of it this way, and this is what I told Bill Mahr:

"Think about it this way, if Bush got out of the chair, instead of sitting in it for seven minutes, we would be in Iraq...seven minutes earlier".

I always invade the middle east in my Rome: Total War games. they have some awesome profit generating countries around there!

I just woke up. Hoping to see our new president as Kerry. Sadly, it doesn't look too much in his favor. Hopefully, Kerry can pull it out and win this damn game.
How much longer do we have to wait?

I've been keeping my eyes on this page, too.
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/

Sprafa said:

now, please, STFU.

speaking first to your post AFTER this one... bush won the popular vote in florda, does that mean anything to you? probably not. and sure, a state-wide recount in florida could've possibly yielded different results. a state-wide recount, in every state, for every election could've possibly yielded different results. only a few a counties were in question, those counties were recounted 3 times, and bush won every time.

as for your stupid conspiracy theory, ill get to that later.

othello said:
speaking first to your post AFTER this one... bush won the popular vote in florda, does that mean anything to you? probably not. and sure, a state-wide recount in florida could've possibly yielded different results. a state-wide recount, in every state, for every election could've possibly yielded different results. only a few a counties were in question, those counties were recounted 3 times, and bush won every time.

as for your stupid conspiracy theory, ill get to that later.

Yeah, because they disenfranchised so many voters.

You're doing a fantastic job of listening here.

[/sarcasm]

Back