Engineer Update Day 3: Community Wrench and New Map

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
1278548673_wrench.png
[br]With the drop of the 75th Golden Wrench comes the 3rd day of the Engineer Update. New to the page is another shot of the map, which looks to be a different take on the Payload gameplay mode. Also on the page is a fan-made wrench, with a link to the Steam Community profile of the Watchmaker|.[br]See the new shots and wrench at the TF2 Official Blog.

hrm... well i wanted more.. i really wanted a "Meet The Pyro" movie...

Ok... now I see the nerfs inherent in the Wrangler. Question: If you kill an engy while he's holding the Wrangler, does it leave his sentries auto aim disabled? Not likely, but just checkin'.

Would someone mind explaining the new wep? site is down..

Would someone mind explaining the new wep? site is down..

No explanation given, and Valve has added two more things:

1) The community wrench we see today isn't the only melee unlock.
2) The Engineer can now pick up his sentry and move it. This was demonstrated in a series of pictures hidden on the Day 3 page.

wooow yes it looks like you can pack it in :D that's neath.

Can you do the same with the dispencer?

Re-deploying SG?

Come on now, the wrangler already seems over-powered enough with the limitless range. Now you could quickly shift the location of the Sentries? This will make the engineer the ideal defense and offense. When capturing a point, engineers could simply redeploy their sentry guns near the capture point to prevent any defenses from the opposing team.

It probably won't go beyond Level 2, won't be active for a short period of time after redeployment, and/or may be weaker, imo.

Probably won't be compatible with the wrangler, either.

I assume it would replace the Wrangler, as the wrench looks like the original.

Also, thanks Valve and your "no building unlocks". Stretching the phrase a bit, aren't you.

Re-deploying SG?

Come on now, the wrangler already seems over-powered enough with the limitless range. Now you could quickly shift the location of the Sentries? This will make the engineer the ideal defense and offense. When capturing a point, engineers could simply redeploy their sentry guns near the capture point to prevent any defenses from the opposing team.
Well I assume it takes the full 5/10 seconds to undeploy and redeploy. You're also defenseless while carrying it. There could be something else to it too. Perhaps it's a drestruction tool replacement?

It's possible that the ability to pack up the Engineers kit could be a new ability added to the vanilla wrench in order to give it some appeal over the new wrenches; see airblast. Or it's also possible that my attempts to predict updates is all for nothing and I should just shut up until it's released later today. :p

Back