Eurogamer interviews Valve; IGN does Gabe

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
article.php

Cool stuff, TF2 is going to be the nuts. :D

Ahem...
Right now Portal is a separate game but over time we're looking to incorporate it into Half-Life. What actually scared us about Portal is that some people get it very quickly

Basically what this news post is saying is that EPISODE 2 IS DELAYED (surprise!!!)

I love the Gabe head! I really feel like Gabe is right here in the forum with us, speaking about ep2!

Hi Gabe!

Considering that Portal is just a puzzle game (an experimental test product if you will), and most of the mechanics appear to be completed, I hope that Valve will still release Portal by Christmas of 2006.

They could do a "Pre-Order Half-Life 2: Episode 2 on Steam and play Portal on Christmas Day" thing.

But this would only be possible if Portal is finished by then, and if Valve are confident that they can get the rest of Episode 2 out by February. However, this would also mean taking pre-orders roughly 3 months in advance to the forecasted February release date estimation. They would also probably have to make the pre-orders non-refundable to downloaders of Portal too, just so people don't cancel their Steam orders after they've finished the game. ;)

Still it would be nice if this were to happen so that we can have something before the end of the year.

They could do a "Pre-Order Half-Life 2: Episode 2 on Steam and play Portal on Christmas Day" thing.
Great idea, email Gabe about it :)

Did anyone else notice this by the way:
With Portal we're able to get that feedback much sooner and we can then incorporate that into the next episode.
Episode 3 contains the portal gun?

I hope not.

Portal and TF2 especially look sick. I'm almost tempted to buy Episode 1 so I can maybe play ep. 2.

That IGN article had some major spelling errors and missing words......

yeah. its vortigaunts.

and you know, ep3 with the portal gun would be BADASS

IGN said:
UK, August 24, 2006 - In the corner of the business centre in Leipzig's convention centre is a large wooden box.

WTF?

UK..lol I guess those IGN guys really don't get out of America much. ;)

UK indicates where the article was written. So, if IGN have a UK office, they sent someone to Leipzig to cover the event, then when they got back to the UK, they wrote the article.

Doug Lombardi said:
on the PC there will be a pack that's just Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2, and we're still working out the pricing for that but it'll probably be somewhere in between Episode One [pricing] and full price.
Ah! So TF2 & Portal will not exactly be free then? Not if the price is going up for the pack over what EP1 cost. What do we think? $30 for EP2?

NOES DELAY. :O NOOOOOOOO.

Can't play it during the holidays... sucks. :(

the article has Doug lambardi say "what-have-you" too many times. lol, its funny because thats how he really talks.

I have a question:
From the IGN interview, and the mouth of Gabe Newell:
"At the end of the three episodes the G-Man beings to loses control of you"

Now, I attribute spelling and grammatical errors to IGN, but didn't G-man begin to lose control over Gordon by the very start of Ep1?
Did IGN get something wrong here? (which would be a shocker, I know :rolleyes: )

The grammatical errors at IGN are terrible - there's a few in that interview. Of course, Gabe may have simply slipped up when he said that. Sometimes, things just come out the wrong way.

The grammatical errors at IGN are terrible - there's a few in that interview. Of course, Gabe may have simply slipped up when he said that. Sometimes, things just come out the wrong way.
I guess...

Vortagons are just like Vortigaunts, only they're less likely to zap things, and are a lot more snooty than regular Vorgiaunts. Everybody knows that.

Back