F1 Race Stars!

Ren.182

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I can finally talk about what game I've been working on the past 7 or 8 months!

Codemasters just announced F1 Race Stars and I can't be more excited right now!

www.f1racestars.com

RBcnH.jpg

Codemasters has unveiled its family-friendly official F1 racer, and announced that the game's coming to Xbox 360, PS3 and PC this November.
Called F1 Race Stars, the game is being developer by Codemasters' Birmingham studio - the same outfit that develops Codemasters' mainline F1 series.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-13-codemasters-announces-f1-race-stars

Thank you guys so much, you really did help me get here. As a special thank you I'll be giving away a couple of copies of the game come release to say thank you to those that helped :)

Link to the old thread: http://www.valvetime.net/threads/got-a-spare-minute-or-two-and-a-copy-of-trackmania-nations.176929/

Looks like it could be really fun, glad it's coming to PC. The graphics look superb, assuming that's an in-game screenshot.

Congrats on everything!

It's not an in-game screenshot but to be honest it's really not that far off.

Thank you!

We're having a great time playing it in the office and it gets really competitive.

Looks like a perfect game for our gaming group (me sliver badhat morgs viper raziaar milly) to play and have a laugh with.

Ah, so this is the family-oriented title based on the F1 license I heard rumours about back in March!

Looks very fun!

Haha I guess so! :)

It is a lot of fun and I'm very proud to have this title in my portfolio.

We'll have to get some ValveTime 12 player races on the go when it finally comes out in November ;)

What version do you reckon you guys will get? (If you get it, hope you do!) I'll probably get them all but will play primarily on the PC.

I'm definetly gonna get this! Looks xawesome!

Neato, could be fun. I wonder though, is it just a coincidence that you were put on a project that looks similar to Trackmania, at least in terms of track design? :p

Haha I'm not sure! To be fair, I only had one track in TM and that was the one I did for their trial. And that track wasn't allowed loops and jumps etc, so probably not :p I guess they wanted to see what I could do with a limited tile set. (Not that we're limited at all with F1 Race Stars!)

Congrats on the announcement Ren! It's pretty awesome to look back on that old thread and see how far things have come since then.

Look forward to hearing more about the game.

That's pretty cool! What's with Codemasters doing three F1 games (the original, this and some browser-based one) at once though? :p

Thanks, Bob!

And why not? We're a pretty big company, we've got the man power to do it ;) They're three very different games anyway, so you should at least buy this and maybe the others. This first <3

We showed off a couple of the teams today:
WarcD.jpg

Kobayashi and Perez for Team Sauber

ZpK2z.jpg

Kovalainen and Petrov for Caterham

Good stuff! Best of luck burning through crunch :D

Haha, apparently I've been lucky with my first game, there hasn't been too much crunch or that many problems!

I'm super excited to see it on store shelves though!

Eurogamer have a preview up with some in-game screens!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-13-f1-race-stars-preview-f1-meets-mario-kart

The game is also going to be at Gamescom this week. Maybe some gameplay videos will get released soon too!

So excited :D

Edit:
Gametrailers also have an interview with some game play footage from a demo build up. the interview pretty much covers all areas of the game, worth a listen:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/t9bgvn/f1-race-stars-first-look-interview

Looks fun. I seems like a mix of Trackmania and Mario Kart.

My interest is piqued.

Nice feed of some game play filmed at Gamescom.

The track is Germany and showing some single player game play.

It's kinda crazy finally seeing something I've been working on for the past 9 months being played outside of the office. Very exciting! :)

Looks like a great game for our group, we could do with a racing game.

It's great fun split screen. And I imagine it'll be the same for 12-player online too with mumble/vent/whatever. Lot of badmouthing and screaming going on when we're playing in the office. Get's very competitive and causes a lot of laughs :D

Are there different speed classes? The cars look a little on the slow side, but that could be because the tracks seem kind of huge.

Yeah we have different classes. That was the slowest one :)

Looking good. Is there controller support for PC?

I don't know of any of Codemasters' racing games that don't have controller support on the PC :p

Good to hear. No doubt I'll pick this up once it arrives.

Glad you enjoyed it dude :)

Some new bits of information has popped up since I've been on holiday:

F1 Race Stars is releasing in the US on 13th November and in the EU on the 16th November.

And our Art Director Harvey Parker has done an interview on the art style in the game:
Part 1
Part 2

Just over a month before release! :D

New trailer has just gone live!

What do you guys think? :)

How did I not notice this thread before? Looks really cool and it's nice to see more Mario Kart style games on PC.

This one 360?! looks good fun. Might be tempted with this one :D

Yep, 360, PS3 and PC at release. WiiU a bit further down the line :)

What does the "comic mischief" rating even mean? Are there really parents who would see that and decide it wasn't suitable for their stupid ugly children to play?

Looks fun.

Our new website is live with short clips of all the power ups, tracks and soon the drivers!

www.f1racestars.com

Also, some artwork. Here's Germany:
0M9hY.jpg

Brazil!
KMyJA.jpg

Monaco!
sTDUG.jpg

USA with a view of Truckasaurus. He's pretty cool :D
9MPUO.jpg

Back