Fallout: New Vegas just became a whole lot more awesome

Just giving you fine gentlemen a few updates in the world of Fallout: New Vegas. Old World Blues, the third DLC for New Vegas, was released on July 19 and follows the Courier in his travels through pre-War laboratories and facilities. Also, Team Fortress 2 is giving away Genuine Pip-Boys for the Engineer to those who purchased Fallout: New Vegas before August 8. I already got mine but haven't had the chance to try it out yet. I believe it only changes the appearance of the PDA. Here are some links:

Old World Blues

Team Fortress 2 Pip-Boy

Just giving you fine gentlemen a few updates in the world of Fallout: New Vegas. Old World Blues, the third DLC for New Vegas, was released on July 19 and follows the Courier in his travels through pre-War laboratories and facilities. Also, Team Fortress 2 is giving away Genuine Pip-Boys for the Engineer to those who purchased Fallout: New Vegas before August 8. I already got mine but haven't had the chance to try it out yet. I believe it only changes the appearance of the PDA. Here are some links:

Old World Blues

Team Fortress 2 Pip-Boy

I'm at work right now so I can't check, but do you know if you get the pip-boy even if you bought a boxed copy and activated it on steam?

I'm at work right now so I can't check, but do you know if you get the pip-boy even if you bought a boxed copy and activated it on steam?

Yes, you'll still receive it. That's the way I bought it.

are the addons of new vegas worth it?

Tried out both Dead Money and Honest Hearts. Didn't care for either of them. I heard Old World Blues did well, but I haven't played it yet.

Tried out both Dead Money and Honest Hearts. Didn't care for either of them. I heard Old World Blues did well, but I haven't played it yet.

I love Old World Blues. Better than the other two by far. Dead Money had a great storyline and characters but the environment and gameplay elements were boring and annoying. Honest Hearts had an amazing environment, but almost nothing to do there. They were both decent DLCs, though, especially compared to the shit that passes for $10 worth of DLC content in other games these days. Old World is great on all fronts, though. There's tons to do, great exploration, plenty of gameplay time, and even though I'm not a big fan of the goofy scenario they went with, they did a great job with the execution of it. Just be prepared for like half an hour straight of dialog to sit through before you get to do anything. It's good dialog as to be expected from Obsidian, I just don't see why they felt the need to unload it all on you at the very beginning instead spreading it out a bit.

I'm also impressed with the way there's a larger story arc running through these DLCs. Almost like a TV series, sort of a realization of what Valve wanted to do with their episodes but weren't able to. Each one is a self contained story with little parts of something big building up in the background. It's got me sort of excited for all this stuff about Ulysses and The Divide. It sounds pretty epic; I just hope it can live up to the great foreshadowing they've done. They did a great job of building up the Joshua Graham story too, but didn't really do anything interesting with it when they finally brought it to the forefront.

I've played through Old World Blues and Honest Hearts and enjoyed them both greatly. Old World Blues is the better of the two, but Honest Hearts, at least for me, was also quite engauging. If nothing else they offer a change to the normal NV environment which is a fantastic diversion. Definetly worth the money.

Back