Fallout: New Vegas just became a whole lot more awesome

24 hours in, just met Mr. House. I'm thinking of concentrating on the main quest and going either independent or NCR. Then starting another playthrough going as a chaotic Legionary and doing more side quests.

Is joining the Legion any fun, or worthy of a second playthrough?

I think it would be. I know there's 4 paths through the main quest.

Man, the chainsaw is realllyy overpowered.

Is joining the Legion any fun, or worthy of a second playthrough?

That's what I'm doing on my current playthrough. I think it's some nice variation from the other paths, but the game often makes it far too attractive to choose other factions/directions.
Like having to destroy the Securitron army rather than upgrading them
If you go with the legion, you'd better invest more skill points in your weapon/fighting-related skills because there isn't as much to get with lockpick/science and stuff as with other factions.

Then starting another playthrough going as a chaotic Legionary and doing more side quests.

There are a lot more side quests when playing as ncr than as legion.

That's what I'm doing on my current playthrough. I think it's some nice variation from the other paths, but the game often makes it far too attractive to choose other factions/directions.
Like having to destroy the Securitron army rather than upgrading them
Destroying the securitrons is easy as cake if you get the pulse gun in the B.o.S. subplot.

So, planning on finally playing through New Vegas in a day or two when I'm done with Two Worlds II, is the DLC worth getting for my first playthrough?

So, planning on finally playing through New Vegas in a day or two when I'm done with Two Worlds II, is the DLC worth getting for my first playthrough?

Not until you have finished the main game IMO. The DLC is designed to be hard for players that are around level 30 even, so you will find it tough if you haven't even completed the main game.

Destroying the securitrons is easy as cake if you get the pulse gun in the B.o.S. subplot.

The Pulse Gun is so damn cool, it's like a little commando pistol. I found one in the Armory in Vault 34 along with the All American and a Riot Shotgun.

Started playing this game a few days ago on the 360 and am about 12 hours in. I'm loving it so far to be honest. I enjoy just wandering around the wasteland and scavenging in the buildings or talking to the random NPC's. The one's ive come across though don't seem to be very rememberer-able though but whatever.. it's a fun game :D

Boone is a badass!!!

I find them quite memorable. I can understand how Fallout 3's caricatures can be memorable, but at least for me, realistic characters stick around in my head for a lot longer than joke NPCs. I am curious as to how you'd rate Planescape: Torment, Piggy.

I find them quite memorable. I can understand how Fallout 3's caricatures can be memorable, but at least for me, realistic characters stick around in my head for a lot longer than joke NPCs. I am curious as to how you'd rate Planescape: Torment, Piggy.

I've never played it to be honest. I'm not a massive RPG fan and while I agree that "joke" NPC's in large quantities don't add much to a game's story. The "realistic" ones in new vegas don't really make a very good story either.

But as I said, there's fun to be had elsewhere so it's not a bad game overall.

I don't understand the NCR's logic at HELIOS One. They ask me to get the thing up and running, but leave the first terminal completely booby trapped, and and turn hostile when I fight off the rapid dogs defending the second one.

Whats a Mass Effect character doing in this game?

I wasn't aware that Mass Effect had a goat skull helmet.

I don't understand the NCR's logic at HELIOS One. They ask me to get the thing up and running, but leave the first terminal completely booby trapped, and and turn hostile when I fight off the rapid dogs defending the second one.

The booby trap is in the solar collection tower I presume? The NCR doesn't control it - it's still locked down by Poseidon security. The second instance is a well known bug. You should reload.

It's a shame Caesar
has ordered me to destroy the Brotherhood. I actually liked them in this game (as opposed in FO3). I literally spent like 4 hours last night doing stuff for the Brotherhood :[ I figured since they are opposed to the NCR they would become allies later.

The booby trap is in the solar collection tower I presume? The NCR doesn't control it - it's still locked down by Poseidon security. The second instance is a well known bug. You should reload.
That whole area seems to be ripe with bugs. After reloading a save several mole rats and Old Lady Gibson fell out of the sky and joined the fight.
It's a shame Caesar
has ordered me to destroy the Brotherhood. I actually liked them in this game (as opposed in FO3). I literally spent like 4 hours last night doing stuff for the Brotherhood :[ I figured since they are opposed to the NCR they would become allies later.
In an ironic twist
NCR is the only major faction that will ally with them. Mr. House orders their demise too I believe.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

That whole area seems to be ripe with bugs. After reloading a save several mole rats and Old Lady Gibson fell out of the sky and joined the fight.

In an ironic twist
NCR is the only major faction that will ally with them. Mr. House orders their demise too I believe.
What are you talking about?
The NCR has you destroy them as well

Just about every single faction
outright hates the brotherhood. Found it quite amusing. But then after what they did when Veronica went to join the Followers, I'm not too keen on keeping them alive.

What are you talking about?
The NCR has you destroy them as well

If
you keep McNamara as Elder, then you can convince him to ally the Brotherhood with the NCR in exchange for their salvaged power armour.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

So? The difference with Fallout 3 is that Fantastic is recognized and treated like an idiot by other characters, eg. Ignacio Rivas or lt. Haggerty.

Just about every single faction
outright hates the brotherhood. Found it quite amusing. But then after what they did when Veronica went to join the Followers, I'm not too keen on keeping them alive.

Well, they worked hard to earn that reputation.

Only at level 18, 53 hours in. Decided I was ready to wrap up this playthrough with a Legion ending. Got my ass handed to me-

I was like "lol, Fallout 3's ending was easy, I'm sure this isn't too bad.............. Lol yep, walking through places with friendly NPC's, shooting enemy NPC's easy. Yawn, shoot, kill, shoot, kill... Oh look, the boss, time to die and- OH MY GOD WHAT ARE ALL THESE MINES, AND THESE ELITE TROOPERS AND ALL MY LIMBS ARE CRIPPLED EVERYTHING IS EXPLODING HOLY SHIT I CAN BARELY MOVE"

I feel like asking, but I assume the more weight an armor has, the more H20 you need?

Heavy armor slows you down for sure, but other than that I don't know...

Needing more H20 is probably a bit of a stretch, not sure if it's THAT realistic.

I'm pretty sure no. It's one of the many things I'd mod into NV if I had the concentration.

Finished on a Legion ending-

Don't normally go the complete meanie route, but the Legion seemed too interesting and Mad Max-ish for me to pass up. The Legion play through is kind of bullshit prior to the last battle to be honest. There are very few missions, and like 80% of the Mojave hates you with a passion; so it's smarter to side with Legion much, much later in the game if you intend to (that's what I did), otherwise you will miss out on a lot of other missions because no one likes you.
That said, I found the final battle satisfying. Rushing Hoover Dam with Centurion Armor and a bunch of legionaries behind you feels awesome; appropriately I killed the boss with a chainsaw.
The ending was moderately depressing, but I felt it appropriate.

Anyone know where I can find/buy/repair combat armor? I'm trying to stay out of faction specific clothing while I roam the Wasteland. But my recent stroll through Black Mountain left my armor falling apart at the seams.

You can buy several different forms of combat armor at the Gun Runners. There are several suits of Combat Armor you can steal from the Boomer's base. Also if you do the Van Graff's missions (They are easy) you get special black combat armor.

But I assume you are still early in the game.

Anyone know where I can find/buy/repair combat armor? I'm trying to stay out of faction specific clothing while I roam the Wasteland. But my recent stroll through Black Mountain left my armor falling apart at the seams.

Get the jury rigging perk if you can. Allows you to repair items based on category instead of type. Need to be level 14 and have 90 repair, though.

The arms merchant at the 188 should have some suits. You can also try paying a visit to Camp Golf, they should have a spare lying around.

Novint Falcon just released drivers for NV. Sooo reinstalling.

Also we already know the titles of the next DLC packs:

Honest Hearts
Old World Blues
Lonesome Road

My work on the PC port of Dead Money is wasted. Oh well.

Back