Fantastic performance by Robert Guillaume

mastag

Tank
Reaction score
His shock at the realization that the Gman is using his daughter and telling Alyx to close her eyes as he is killed are both brilliant IMO.

^

Yeah, the second thing you mentioned especially. More engrossing than a movie, almost

spot on

*goes along with boring british responses*

Absolutely brilliant. I am always happy to see actors take the VO in video games just as seriously as they would in an actual film.

Definitely agreed. Unfortunately I think the first monitor scene wasn't quite the same quality.

Profusely.

He seemed quite ready to die in the last scene. It made it more depressing if anything.

Definitely agreed. Unfortunately I think the first monitor scene wasn't quite the same quality.

In the first monitor scene the sound is supposed to sound very poor like, as in many basic radios. A 10 years old communication center surely doesn't have many high-tec transferring systems.

Copy that.

Merle Dandridge did an excellent job as well.

I could only imagine what that scene would have been like if it was Magnusson instead of Eli.

"What do you think your doing Freeman? Get off that wall and kill this thing. Oh it has psychic powers you say, well I'm sorry if my..........."

I could only imagine what that scene would have been like if it was Magnusson instead of Eli.

"What do you think your doing Freeman? Get off that wall and kill this thing. Oh it has psychic powers you say, well I'm sorry if my..........."

I think that even the great Magnusson would start to show fear if he was grabbed by one of the advisors. Eli wasn't afraid because he either knew that he was going to die or he just accepted it.

Eli yelling "No! No! No! No! I DUN WN 2 DIE" would have ruined the scene imo

I disagree. :|

A testament to Eli's character about how he only thinks about Alyx when the shit hits the fan, not about himself at all.

When the Advisor is about to skewer his head.

Well, I'm sure he was scared. Just like anyone is when they face death. That's what struck me the most. The fact that I still felt he was, and the actor managed to portray he was masking the fear with a brave smile. Very effective.

I think that even the great Magnusson would start to show fear if he was grabbed by one of the advisors. Eli wasn't afraid because he either knew that he was going to die or he just accepted it.

Well, recall his voice at the "We have a breach!" line. He was scared shitless at that point.

When he delivers his "Don't look!" line he sounds very scared, but equally concerned that his daughter not see it.

frown.gif
indeed.

Back