Far Cry 2 is Now Available for Pre-Order

Damn
I want your downlaod speed
You run off DSL or WiFI Digi? I usually get that speed for hot releases and it's usually 1.5MB for a D/L speed. I have cable internet btw.

Hmm, fair enough, although, i don't think this will be anything like crysis the ub?r pc killer.

The recommended graphics card is only an 8600 GTS.

that's great for me. You know, I might be posting a thread in coming months, asking one of you guys to help me "buy" FC2, and well, giving it to me. (the game only comes to my country 2 to 3 months after the release) Well, I'd have to choose a trustworthy guy, and he'd have to be NA, and..

ah **** .. :| I'll just wait and see how it goes.

The recommended graphics card is only an 8600 GTS.

I have an X1300pro which cruises through Source games but struggles with practically anything else. If the grahpics in FC2 are anything near CoD4's, it'll run like shit.

Will this have co-op on the 360 version?

I know it has online.

I have an X1300pro which cruises through Source games but struggles with practically anything else.
The Source engine is getting on a bit now. Any half decent card modern will breeze it. Just after EP2 came out I did some upgrades including an ATi X1950. The recommended settings in the advanced graphics tab had everything maxed out & it runs like a dream. Just after that I bought Crysis. It runs mostly very well with graphic settings on medium. Still looks amazing though. However on the later levels I started getting slow down & by the time the big alien ship made an appearance at the end I was down to about 10FPS! I'm hoping Far Cry 2 will run okay on my system but I'm expecting a similar situation as with Crysis with everything on medium.

The Official Specs were posted somewhere. and they were 1/2 as demanding as Crysis.

The Official Specs were posted somewhere. and they were 1/2 as demanding as Crysis.
Far Cry 2:

Minimum:

CPU: Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz, Pentium D 2.66 Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ or better
RAM: 1 GB
Video card: NVidia 6800 or ATI X1650 or better Shader Model 3 required 256 Mb of graphic memory
Media reader: DVD-ROM
Hard drive space: ~12 Gig of HD space. (tbd)

Recommended:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Family, AMD 64 X2 5200+, AMD Phenom or better
RAM: 2 GB
Video card: NVidia 8600 GTS or better, ATI X1900 or better 512 Mb of graphic memory
Sound: 5.1 sound card recommended

*Supported video cards: NVidia 6800, NVidia 7000 series, 8000 series, 9000 series, 200 series. 8800M and 8700M supported for laptops. ATI X1650 ? 1950 series , HD2000 series , HD3000 series , HD4000 series

Crysis:

Minimum:

Processor: 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)
Memory: 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
Video Card: 256 MB**
Hard Drive: 12GB
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

* Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or faster.

** Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Memory: 2.0 GB RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

The difference isn't really that huge on paper. Though it is very possible that the actual performance between the two games will differ significantly regardless.

Crysis was a huge letdown, so I'm not very excited about this game. :|

Crysis was a huge letdown, so I'm not very excited about this game. :|

What does this game have to do with Crysis? It's a different engine, a different company made it, etc...

I only want this game through Steam, yet again foiled. UBISOFT LISTEN, I have 30 quid (about $60) sitting right in front of me, IT'S YOURS! I don't want it, I want to pre-order your game through Steam! Please take it...please.

*nods in absolute agreement with Glenn*

I'm surprised by how low those recommended specs are. I was expecting to need a more powerful set-up to run this. If those specs are anything to go by it should run pretty sweet on my PC. I'll believe it when I see it though because the visuals look awesome. Better than Crysis & that struggled on my PC with everything set to medium!

Anyone seen the map editor software for Far Cry 2? Looks very good. It's going to be part of the PS3 & X360 release so I guess they need to make it very user friendly. On the face of it it certainly looks like an extremely user friendly tool. I might even be able to make a few maps now ;)

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/farcry2/video/6196280/far-cry-2-interview-5?tag=;title;3

What does this game have to do with Crysis? It's a different engine, a different company made it, etc...

Somewhere in an interview they mentioned they are using maybe 3-5% of the original cryengine code.

Not much...but make a big difference? Lol still looking forward to stalker more :)

Stupid Ubisoft... would have bought this right now, but no, they don't want my money.

Why do they use Steam at all?

Steam Rocks... if you can buy a game get it from there... i got a new laptop last week and just installed steam then left everything downloading for a day.. job done :)

It sucks that people outside North America can't buy it on Steam, but there are still plenty of shops out there. Plus, sometimes it maybe better to get it from the shop, I'm glad I didn't buy S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky on Steam otherwise I would have had to wait another month just to play it!

Back