Farcry 3

I wasn't interested in this after the disappointment that was Far Cry 2. But after reading some reviews and watching a bit of gameplay on the previous page I'm hyped. Hurry up and get it on Steam in the UK Ubi/Valve!

I wouldn't count on that happening before launch. Luckily, the island can get it through uPlay / GMG

Does anyone have any experience with uPlay and Capsule? Is downloading and activating the game through those straightforward or should I be expecting any problems?

EDIT: I see threads with people complaining about crap download speeds through Capsule. Hmm... I could get the game in retail, but the regular edition would cost me as much as the deluxe on GMG.

I've used capsule for 2/3 games and had no problems. Granted, they were relatively older games but my download speeds were more than adequate.

get hype swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag

This game looks awesome. Too bad it has to come out right before court. Stop making me look forward to next week nerd.

I got a free copy of this with my SSD I bought, so if it sucks then I just wasted $150.

I'm a poor college student as well, but it's also because I don't see anything else of interest coming out in the remainder of the year besides Dragonborn and Far Cry 3.

Apparently letting people purchase the game at a fair price for UK Steam users is too much to ask, so I'm looking to trade a copy for games or money if anyone is interested. Definitely seems to be the best alternative considering otherwise I'd have to go back in time 5 years and start cluttering my desk with DVD boxes or pay stupidly high prices for the game at other online retailers.

Get your shit together, Ubisoft.

You can get it for 25% off at greenmangaming if you use their winter discount code.

EDIT: my bad, looks like that isn't the Steam version.

So the game is awesome, I'm having a blast so far and I barely touched the main story. Been wandering around killing and skinning animals to craft better equipment and in the process running into other stuff to do or places to explore.

The world is full of life and I enjoy all the spontaneous situations like seeing deer chased by dogs, pirates getting mauled by tigers or eaten by komodo dragons, firefights between pirates and 'the good guys' etc. One time I was driving somewhere and I heard gunshots and saw a huge explosion in the distance. I was wondering if that was a scripted sequence, but later on when I accidentally reloaded an earlier autosave, that explosion did not occur, which leads me to believe it was all situational.

The game looks stunning and seems to run really well. I'm playing on Ultra with no MSAA and I'm getting ~30fps, which for some reason feel as good as ~50fps in other games. Perhaps that's because the framerate is steady and I haven't experienced and dips - it barely fluctuates.

Screenshots:

farcry3d3d1120121129204.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129204.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129205.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129205.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129210.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129212.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129212.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129213.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129213.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129215.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129220f.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129222.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129223.jpg

farcry3d3d1120121129223.jpg

After looking at the screenshots: "Ohhhh sheeit. Far Cry is back, yo!"

Looks like I know what my present to myself is going to be.

After looking at the screenshots: "Ohhhh sheeit. Far Cry is back, yo!"

Looks like I know what my present to myself is going to be.

Basically this. I dismissed this game for the most part and was all excited about Hitman, but all the great things I've heard about Far Cry 3 means I'll likely buy it over Hitman now.

This game is good. Emphasis on game. Playing it with friend and I think we have just as much fun playing as we do nitpicking all the little things that would normally be covered under "suspension of disbelief" but end up being far too numerous and charmingly gamey not to notice.

I've been playing it for a while now and this game is fantastic. It takes everything that was good from the previous two games and then expands on it. So, for me, Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2 are the best FPS games of 2012.

I recently read that taking over all pirate camps makes the game world very empty towards end game, so I'm going to refrain from taking many over for now.

I recently read that taking over all pirate camps makes the game world very empty towards end game, so I'm going to refrain from taking many over for now.

I'll take that over the endless jeep-driving ****wad parade that was FC2's roads. What I'd really take over anything else, though, is the fast travel system they STILL haven't implemented.

Fast travel defeats the entire purpose of what Far Cry 3 wants you to do...explore. I think a system similar to Far Cry 2 makes the most sense, where you could travel to a few specific key spots around the map to make it not quite as time consuming.

Huh? There is fast travel.

Each outpost you liberate becomes a fast travel station. All you have to do is open the map, click on one of the outpost markers and you're there.

Oh, and I just had a Rambo moment in the last mission, where I had to defend some guy in a house against wave after wave of pirates. Fortunately I had my trusty machinegun and grenade launcher, plus a ton of grenades and molotovs.

I've gotta say, the red-dot, optical sight, and reflex sites are ****ing all terrible. Just a massive dot all up in your face, that completely conceals anybody you're shooting at further than like 50yrds. Whats the point in getting your gun more accurate when it simultaneously obscures everything you're trying to look at.

Also, **** Black Panthers (the animal variety) and that mission where you got to kill one with just 5 arrows. I shot that bitch in the eye five times and it was still alive, had to go up and knife it afterwards, which thankfully the mission allowed. Took me about 20 tries though, he didn't like getting shot in the eye.

Huh? There is fast travel.

Each outpost you liberate becomes a fast travel station. All you have to do is open the map, click on one of the outpost markers and you're there.

Oh, and I just had a Rambo moment in the last mission, where I had to defend some guy in a house against wave after wave of pirates. Fortunately I had my trusty machinegun and grenade launcher, plus a ton of grenades and molotovs.

Ah, my bad,a friend of mine told me there still wasn't. I don't have the income or time to burn on a brand-new game like FC3 right now so I'm just playing these games vicariously.

I had funny moment recently. I was getting ready to take over an outpost and as usual wanted to stay undetected for the 1500xp bonus. So I placed a few mines and some C4 on the road leading to the outpost; my plan being to go uphill, snipe one or two and as they start coming my way (enemies tend to figure out where the shot more-or-less came from), catch some on the mines and blow the rest with C4. So I'm running up the hill and I hear gunfire behind me - I turn around and see my enemies fighting off some animals. I turn back around to find a good spot with some cover and as I look towards the outpost once again, I notice only one person there. I snipe him, notice another one and kill him as well. To my surprise I get the info that the outpost has been captured and as the camera does an aerial sweep over it, I get a glimpse of bodies laying in pools of blood, victims of whatever animals attacked the outpost and left only two guys alive (which I killed a few seconds later).

Camera switches back to first person and I see a car filled with Rakyat (the good guys) going down the road towards the newly liberated outpost. My mines were still there...

I love random, spontaneous shit like that.

I would never even think of fast traveling in this. There is too much fun to be had while exploring.

It's not even releasing at midnight. I'm a pissed off Ameri**** right now.

I love random, spontaneous shit like that.

One time, while I was slowly making my way to a vantage point, the caged tiger in the outpost got out all by itself.
It killed everyone and I go the "undetected" rating without actually doing anything.

Also, **** Black Panthers (the animal variety) and that mission where you got to kill one with just 5 arrows. I shot that bitch in the eye five times and it was still alive, had to go up and knife it afterwards, which thankfully the mission allowed. Took me about 20 tries though, he didn't like getting shot in the eye.
Did it literally only give you 5 arrows or had you just not upgraded your quiver? I'm only a few missions into the game and already have the 20 arrow one. Taking outposts with that is just way too fun, you feel like goddamn Rambo.

Did it literally only give you 5 arrows or had you just not upgraded your quiver? I'm only a few missions into the game and already have the 20 arrow one. Taking outposts with that is just way too fun, you feel like goddamn Rambo.
Hrm, I hadn't thought about that. Not sure, but that was the first time I used the bow, so possibly it was because of my quiver capacity.

Yeah I started with 5 arrows, currently have the first quiver upgrade which gives you 10.

So yeah, I think I'm about 60% through the game.

There's this scene where you wake up inside a mass grave and you have to dig yourself out. Probably one of the most messed up scenes I've seen in a game.

Also I finally got to kill Vaas, and it felt rather anticlimactic after all that buildup.

Oh yeah, and that scene where Jason gives his big "warrior speech" made me feel physically ill from disgust. Well isn't he a nice little brainwashed soldierboy. Wanting to kill Vaas for revenge I could understand, but now it's over so why the hell is he staying?

Vaas had it right when he said: "So, California white boy has a hard on for jungle fever"

So yeah I don't like the character I'm playing at all. If that was the point, then, well played Ubisoft, well played.

So question...are the enviornments destructible? For instance that house on the hill that Unfocused posted, can I blow that shit up? Just asking because it's made by the same people as Crysis.

Actually I don't think Crytek had anything to do with Far Cry 3...

and nope, no destructible buildings.

Back