FIFA World Cup

I know that your rugby team is called All Blacks, but is your football team really called that?

Ha, yeah, and it's pretty hilarious considering the context of South Africa...

I've not been following this thread, because my puters is brokened, but I haven't missed a minute of AWESOME WORLD CUP ACTION BZZZZZZZZZZVVVVVVVVVZVZZZZZVVVVVVVZZZZ so far.

The Germans have put in the best performance I've seen yet, really carved the aussies to bits.

Ghana's win was nice to see, hopefully they can follow that up and be one of at least a couple of African teams in the last 16. S. Korea had good energy about them as always.

England were dire... They started brightly, but the midfield just became a complete vacuum as the game went on. They played very much like they did in the last couple of friendlies, where they were lucky to beat Mexico and Japan (the latter having yesterday just scraped a 1-0 win against the poorest team to play so far). I hope the media scapegoat machine doesn't start chugging away just yet, though, since it isn't a problem with individuals like Heskey or Green but rather with the team setup. What we need is a decent holding player but I don't think Carrick or Barry will really cut it. Hopefully Capello can bring Milner into things a bit more, since he's a workhorse of a type the team really need. Gerrard made a decent stab of being that busy link-up figure for England in the first game but he always instinctively drifts away up towards the front.

Off now to chill some brewskis and maybe catch some of NZ vs. Eastern Europe Team #28.

God those horns are annoying, think I might watch on mute :\

Is it just me or does half the Slovakian team look like Neo-Nazis?

Haha, true that. I'm not too sure how this one will pan out, NZ seem to be struggling a tiny bit.

edit: I wish the commentator would *move away from the mic to breath in*

edit 2: Bad luck NZ, you played well though, under the circumstances.

edit 3: HOLY SHIT WE SCORED! last minute goal :D

NZ 1 - Slovakia 1 with a goal in the 93rd minute, and our first point in a world cup :p. Now time to take down those Italians..

I know that your rugby team is called All Blacks, but is your football team really called that?

A few years ago they were even considering calling our Badminton team the 'Black Cocks'...

So happy NZ got that goal in the 93rd minute, I jumped for joy. Slovakia didn't deserve 3 points and NZ didn't deserve nothing especially considering how hard those players worked.

Holy shit watching Portugal and Ivory Coast now, massive game. Ronaldo just hit the post!

/\ lol @ black cocks

Oh snap @ NZ drawing the game. Went to watch the news before the end.

Only because he's at Madrid you glory hunting wannabe Catalan.

I hate the bas**rd because he's a diving sh**! And I don't even like footontheball!

My God, Brazil vs north korea has been the best match by far.

Awesome energy, great respect between both teams. Brazil dominated but Korea was by no means playing bad..I think if Korea plays like they played against Brazil, Portugal and Ivory Coast will have some great trouble.

Judging by the Portugal Ivory Coast game, N Korea could actually get through to the last 16 if they play as well as they did against Brazil.

Truly shocked at their ability. Amazing defence, it was pretty clear they were trying to get the draw rather than go for a goal.

Judging by the Portugal Ivory Coast game, N Korea could actually get through to the last 16 if they play as well as they did against Brazil.

Truly shocked at their ability. Amazing defence, it was pretty clear they were trying to get the draw rather than go for a goal.

Good for them, good strategy and incredible energy from them.

I hate stupid fanboi's who claim that brazil played bad or they should've KILLED them...like they dominated the entire game and of course they're not going to score like 5 goals when the entire korean lineup was infront of the net the entire 1st half and they're not going to play 100% when it's a) against korea and b)1st round for them of the tournament.

Stupid fanboys.

Good for them, good strategy and incredible energy from them.

I hate stupid fanboi's who claim that brazil played bad or they should've KILLED them...like they dominated the entire game and of course they're not going to score like 5 goals when the entire korean lineup was infront of the net the entire 1st half and they're not going to play 100% when it's a) against korea and b)1st round for them of the tournament.

Stupid fanboys.
To hell with that. Had the Korean goalkeeper been quicker to get on his line we'd have seen a 1-1 draw. Very impressed by the Norks, altough there star player seems literally insane.

To hell with that. Had the Korean goalkeeper been quicker to get on his line we'd have seen a 1-1 draw. Very impressed by the Norks, altough there star player seems literally insane.

To hell with what? lol I'm defending the North Koreans...I'm bashing the Brazil bandwagon fanboys/girls who've never actually watched any club games or previous world cup tournaments.

My team has always been Brazil since watching my first world cup in 94 but it's the bandwagon fans that i can do without spewing all this bs and talking out of their asses.

To hell with what? lol I'm defending the North Koreans...I'm bashing the Brazil bandwagon fanboys/girls who've never actually watched any club games or previous world cup tournaments.

My team has always been Brazil since watching my first world cup in 94 but it's the bandwagon fans that i can do without spewing all this bs and talking out of their asses.

Lol sorry your right :)

if spain loose I would be able to tell everyone here "haha your team lose and my didnt clasified! haha"

My God, Brazil vs north korea has been the best match by far.

Awesome energy, great respect between both teams. Brazil dominated but Korea was by no means playing bad..I think if Korea plays like they played against Brazil, Portugal and Ivory Coast will have some great trouble.

I suppose the threat of a firing squad is more than enough to motivate people.

Spain just lost to the Switz.

Betters just lost a shit load of money, and won a shit load of money.

Except for Germany of course. Then again, Australia has a football team...? Might as well not even been on the pitch.

Yeah I dont know what happened. We were good in 2006, but that game was ****ing shocking. Seriously the worst game we've ever played. Literally. We have never lost 4 - 0 before, to anyone. Even back in the 70's when the Aussie team was made up of tradies and other workers.

Great game so far, both teams are really eager to score, although Uruguay seems to be slightly better. Also, it seems like the vuvuzelas have quieted down quite a bit, which is awesome.

yeah thats why my ears started to feel better

Great game so far, both teams are really eager to score, although Uruguay seems to be slightly better. Also, it seems like the vuvuzelas have quieted down quite a bit, which is awesome.
Yeah I noticed that too. I was telling my brother that they have quieted down but he was saying no, I guess the voices stuck in his head.

Edit: Good game so far.

It's funny how Vuvuzelas suddenly went completely quiet when Forlan scored against SA.

10 seconds of serenity and pure goodness.

They started to quiet down on a whole once people were starting to leave, towards the end. They were annihilated

I've still got the chat log from our discussion prior to the game started Kris, you remember what I said? :p

Uruguay handled SA really well. Suarez learnt how to stay onside too! SA just aren't good enough. Dems the facts.

wow.,..are you guys blind? DID ANYONE SEE THAT RIDICULOUS DIVE AND TERRIBLE CALL?!

AND A FREAKING RED CARD ON TOP OF THAT?!...i cannot stand bs calls and divers...tehy're ruining the great game i can't ****ing stand it. i'm still fuming over this. stupid ref should be suspended and the diver should've gotten the call...absolutely terrible call.

I dont know much about football but I did found that excesive too

wow.,..are you guys blind? DID ANYONE SEE THAT RIDICULOUS DIVE AND TERRIBLE CALL?!

AND A FREAKING RED CARD ON TOP OF THAT?!...i cannot stand bs calls and divers...tehy're ruining the great game i can't ****ing stand it. i'm still fuming over this. stupid ref should be suspended and the diver should've gotten the call...absolutely terrible call.
He made the most of it, but he still got touched by the keeper. If you go down inside the box and don't get the ball then you have to take what's coming ...

Back