Firefox problem

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Firefox seems to have stoped saving pictures. This is really annoying because everytime I load up a page it must load all the buttons (I'm 56k BTW). Is there a way to bring bac it's memory?
Emptying the cache?
increasing cache size?

Saving pictures? Do you mean loading pictures?

Please be more specific.

i think he means caching pictures so that they only have to be downloaded once, then they can be loaded from your pc when they're used again

Solaris said:
Firefox can do that?

All browsers do it, it's called a cache, so that you can load pages faster if you go there more than once.

Go to tools -> Options, Under privacy, go to cache. You can increase the cache size from there. Click settings and ensure that the box isn't checked that says to clear all private data when the browser's closed.

I don't really know exacly what I mean but usualy when I load up pages I visit often(like here) the tabs and buttons and stuff don't have to load, they're already on my computer. This hasn't been happening latly.

Edit: RandomX yeah, I think the problem is it empties the cache when I close. But I can't find the damn option to stop it :|

Did you clear the cache? If you did thats why it has to re download them.

ríomhaire, just take a look at my post above... it should work, but if you're the only one who uses the computer (like, nobody else could have changed the settings), then you might have a bigger problem.

Homie said:
Did you clear the cache? If you did thats why it has to re download them.
It's been happening for a few days. I think RandomX is right but I can't find that damn option.

RandomX, I can find no such bloody option in my options box.

options->privacy->expand cache-> enter bigger value into the box

I'm using the 1.5 Release Cantidate 1 of Firefox, so if you're not using that version, then I am no help. Sorry :D

RandomX said:
I'm using the 1.5 Release Cantidate 1 of Firefox, so if you're not using that version, then I am no help. Sorry :D
same as me:D
can be real slow and still crashes alot:(

you didnt sign up for some EXTREME dial up where all the ISP does is get your browser to stop loading images :p

RandomX said:

the cache limit is still modifiable in 1.0.7

Back