Fringe Season 2

The strangest show on TV just got stranger. Rumors had floated around that there was a missing Fringe episode that had been filmed in season one but had never aired. Well, those rumors are true, and you're going to get a chance to see that episode.

The most aptly titled episode ever, "Unearthed," has been dug up to air in Fox's timeslot battle with NBC (Fringe vs. Heroes) on Monday, Jan. 11, at 9 p.m. There's no explanation from Fox as to why the episode was never aired, although their theory is "Is it from an alternate universe?"

What we do know is that the character Charlie Francis (Kirk Acevedo) is in the episode, along with the other regulars. We're assuming that since Charlie is alive, this story must fit in with the season-one timeline due to the fact that Charlie's character was killed by a shapeshifter earlier this season. Of course, on Fringe you never know. It will be interesting to see if the episode has any bearing on the show's unfolding mythology.

In "Unearthed," a teenage girl is pronounced dead; however, when her mother takes her off of life support so that her organs can be donated, the girl wakes up screaming in alphanumeric code. Talk about a rude awakening! The girl can suddenly speak Russian and possesses classified information that only a high-ranking Russian soldier would know.

Meanwhile, Walter (John Noble) finds some old lab videos that may hold the clue to the mystery, while Olivia (Anna Torv) and Peter (Joshua Jackson) investigate the girl's shocking recovery.
Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/lost-episode-of-fringe-to.php

Fringe_Acevedo-thumb-300x268-16264.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s67Y89r4qjo

to be honest, I think this is bullshit, there more than meets the eye

Has anybody seen the lost Season 1 "Unearthed" episode that was shown this Monday?
I have yet to see it. I hear it's pretty shitty though. I wouldn't be surprised if it is. They skipped it for a reason.

I like this show, but one hilarious aspect of it to me is the fact that Joshua Jackson's character is, in my opinion, the most important in the series.

He just mocks everything going on, and maintains a high level of skepticism. Without him, the viewer would (and some still do, no doubt) just find all of the ridiculous stuff going on....well, simply ridiculous! I mean, it's still all batshit insane stuff, but because of Josh's character, the show recognizes that fact. He really saves this show, and does it quite well.

Yeah, I saw the last episode.
Shit. That was crazy.

much of the episode took place in 1980. hence 1980-era fringe opening.

the soundtrack was also full of good ol 80s synthesized stuff

you guys who missed it should watch it on hulu!

Love how like 80% of whats on the fringe retro has come true.

Great mid season come back. Loved the 80's intro.
lol at "Back to the Future starring Eric Stoltz"
He was actually cast in the Marty McFly role before they recast him with Micheal J. Fox.

Another great episode this week. Somewhat emotional. Liked the Tulip bit at the end.
Good to see Peter Weller aka RoboCop still working.

I was starting to get worried during the last episode, because while the show had had some minor nods to religion before, last week's episode had Walter openly expressing his views on god, and there was that bit where he was examining that woman's cross necklace. I was thinking, "Oh, here we go, can't have a show about crazy science mysteries in this day and age without inserting god somewhere into it because the fundies will get mad."

But then I was like, "Hell yes!" when Peck said, "Science is our god," and he ends up being the one to give Walter his "sign."

From the promo it made it seem like Walternate is a badguy.

From the promo it made it seem like Walternate is a badguy.

Yeah, it appears so. But for all we know, he could be doing all of this because of Peter's abduction. Why didn't he come for him sooner though?
They clearly have far more advanced technology on their side.

Anyway. Something tells me that we will not be seeing William Bell after this season anymore.
Since Leonard Nimoy has officially retired from acting.

Why is it that Walter could build a simple door to the other side in 1985 (at which point the other side was already more technologically advanced) while Newton had to do all that stuff with the bridge?

Also, haven't seen the latest yet. I'm going to see it tonight!

Maybe its due to 'em being behind on universe hopping tech perhaps, the main fringe universe has the technology advancement rather than the other universe for this piece of tech, it could be possible.

That was easily the best piece of television that I've seen all year.

That was f*cking great.
So glad that the alt universe people will be sticking around.

It's going to be a loooong wait for fall.

I knew Olivnate took over Oliva's role from the second that bomb went off.

Great episode, so the machine is for the final next season. I'm having a hard time thinking what else is there to do.

I think he means "finale".

Anyway. Another infiltration again? Oh, c'mon! Can't these writers come up with new plot elements for a change?

I guess not.

Walter already hinted them when he hypothesized about natural human abilities and aliens.

I missed all of the second season except the finale (Waiting for the boxset). How good has it been throughout the season?

Back