Futurama Is Go! (Again. Really this time.)

Direwolf

Reaction score
http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/06/22/new-episodes-of-futurama-coming-to-comedy-central-for-real/
We've reported on every single little rumor that's come out about Futurama's return. We've asked Billy West, who couldn't tell us anything definitive one way or the other. But -- finally! -- we have some confirmation that Futurama is indeed coming back.

And we can thank Craig Ferguson for it.

When Katey Sagal visited The Late Late Show the other day, she told Craig that the show is coming back to Comedy Central in 2008 for at least 13 episodes (I was watching that appearance, too. Must have slept through that part). Don Kaplan of the New York Post confirmed this; his sources told him that all the primary voice actors signed new deals this week. Also according to the article, FOX may have the option to air the new episodes, but probably won't. The new episodes will also come out on DVD after they air.

I just have one reaction: Huzzah!

[thanks to Alex of BuzzerBlog for the tip.]

(UPDATE: John DiMaggio (Bender) confrims the story even more below. And yes, it's really him.)

New Futurama? If anyone wants me, i'll be in the happy dome! :D

GOOD NEWS!

Yay. I'm so happy. That show was the best. I hope it retains its old charm and quality, unlike the new family guys which I don't much care for compared to the old ones.

2008 is such a long time though <whines>

Raziaar said:
Yay. I'm so happy. That show was the best. I hope it retains its old charm and quality, unlike the new family guys which I don't much care for compared to the old ones.

2008 is such a long time though <whines>

Maybe the straight-to-DVD movies will be released before then. How are those going anyway? Does this news of Futurama coming back cancel the movie plans?

Fox can continue to bite my shiney metal ass.

Firefly wont work huh?

'tards

This is fantastic news. This time I won't tell everyone straight away. Because last time I looked like an awful fool telling everyone that it wasn't back after all.

Thank Jesus! Such great news. Finally, the Americans did something good for a change.

Can't wait... One of the best things on TV

Just hope someone sees Firefly!

Hoooorah! I dance! *dances*. What a briliant excuse to watch all four sereis again!

And they damn well better bring back Lurr, or innocents will be harmed!

dance.gif

Yay!

WOoT!!!:borg:
More futurerama.
Yahoo.
Can't wait for these to come, I'm getting all geeked out just thinking about it.:dork:

Yay for Futurama... I mean, I enjoy Family Guy a lot, but Futurama actually has a point to all of its episodes, a theme and moral to each story.

Even if that moral is to go for it if you grandmother was hot.

Direwolf said:
Even if that moral is to go for it if you grandmother was hot.

No... the moral of that one was don't **** with the past. :cheese:

lePobz said:
Woohoo! :D

2008? I might be dead by then :(

Might? No... 3/4th of the people on this forum WILL!

Back