Gabe Newell Podcast 17 Interview - Submit Your Questions

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]William of Podcast 17 and myself will be interviewing Valve founder / managing director, Gabe Newell next week! You can now submit your questions for Gabe which will also enter you into a draw to win $50 worth of Valve merchandise.[br]

You will be able to head on over to download the Gabe Newell interview on Tuesday 7th June from the Podcast 17.com. The winner will be announced on the interview as well as a full list of show notes if you're interested in specific things Gabe has to say. Stay tuned, quite literally.

Is "How does you do the so awesome?" a legitimate question?

"Who's on top, Doug or Gabe? Or is it more of a Power Bottom situation?"

I almost thought that was a 3D render of his face for a second.

I asked about virtual reality because why not.

So are we taking bets on what percentage of questions are "Where is Half Life (Episode) 3?"

HL3HL3HL3HL3! :p Nah That is at the very end like a joke. What is going on with DOTA 2, new possible Steam features such as video recording and possibly movie rentals (tbh I would strike a deal with NetFlix the way Microsoft did). Maybe ask about "Meet the Medic" as well. It was shown at PAX East. This is going to be a long and boring interview with a TL: DR right? Gabe is the man but when it comes to holding a conversation... :sleep:

What's the plan for Portal 2 DLC?

And obligatory "Where's EP3???"

look at Gabe's facial expression.. it's like: " IF YOU ASK ME ABOUT HALF LIFE 3, I SHALL END YOU!!!!!" :D

but my question would be:
"any new games coming up, that we haven't heard about?"
It's been a while since Valve have made any entirely new games which are not sequels.. I guess last time was Left 4 Dead

Sent a few in. Hopefully a bit more of the beaten track, and no 'when is halflife 3' questions.

Glenn one thing you should try and do is needle Gabe about those portrait concept art images that appeared on the Valve wall that time. It would be interesting to know what they are about.

I asked about the possibility of Valve licensed hardware like Steam-brand controllers or biometric scanners.

Pfft, the contest isn't winnable by anyone associated with an affiliate. Means I'm out, even though I could do with some Valve merch like signed posters etc.
I still will ask a question, just need to think of a good'un.

I asked about the possibility of free indie titles on Steam -- if they had thought about it, and any way to make money off them (for them mostly, and maybe the developers).

I asked about the possibility of free indie titles on Steam -- if they had thought about it, and any way to make money off them (for them mostly, and maybe the developers).
I thought of this before. You could release a free game and then sell cheats as a sort of donation box.

I asked about how much attention the gave to creating narrative spaces where there is room for the players imagination to create part of the story.

You lucky bastard!

Congrats on the opportunity. It's been in the making for too long!

Interview is tomorrow (the recorded version) which won't be live, but it will be up the proceeding day. There have been about 500 questions sent to us, it's been pretty overwhelming! However as of tonight we have just finalised the questions for the interview and picked the winners for the prizes which will be announced at the end of the show. Looking forward to it!

Back