Game of the Year?

Game of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
pick your game of the year, post your selection if it's not on the list

Definately Bioshock for me, I haven't been enraptured (har-dee-har) by a game like this since HL2. :) The only low point for me was the ending.

Mass Effect got close, but there's too many small annoyances for it to beat Bioshock IMO.

I suspect Mario Galaxy would have been my pick in a perfect universe, but I haven't played it. :p

I can't decide between the Orange Box and Super Mario Galaxy.

lawl, you forgot crysis stern

I think mine will have to be orange box closely followed by cod 4, forged alliance, crysis, and some others

Havn't purchased many games this year, mainly due to lack of money, however that problem is solved now i'm working again :p. So out of those it's gotta be CoD4, loving it.

I'm voting Super Mario Galaxy, on the basis that Orange Box has more bugs.

lawl, you forgot crysis stern

I think mine will have to be orange box closely followed by cod 4, forged alliance, crysis, and some others

shit I knew I had forgotten something

Wheres Crysis?

BUt anyway, as awesome as Orange Box is, i still think Bioshock is the winner. To me, Orange Box is a glorified bargain more than a breakthrough. Bioshock was a breakthrough in story telling and gameplay. EP2 was HL2 on speed, Portal was just funny yet when you broke it down it was just a bit of a puzzle game, and TF2 is..well..awesome granted.

Bioshock constantly stunned me at EVERY sitting. The story. The variation. The graphics. The sound. Just everything about it was epic.
Gets my vote.

Out of COD4, Orange Box, Halo3, Bioshock and Mass Effect, I'm going to have to go with Bioshock for a singleplayer game.

For MP, a tough choice between Halo 3 and COD4.

There's no contest this year. Lots of great games, but no contest.

Mario Galaxy > *

The Orange Box is a great collection of games, but individually none scream 10/10 to me.

CoD4 for me, simply because no game has ever handled a boss battle in that way before.

Crysis takes the lead but almost ties up with Cod4, slightly behind that is Orange Box, then Bioshock

Bioshock was a breakthrough in story telling and gameplay.

Breakthrough? I haven't played it but a friend of mine says it's pretty much System Shock 3.

Anyway, I voted Orange Box. Hell even if it only contained Portal that'd make it #1 for me.

You put Halo 3 in there?

Sure it may be fun but how could it win such an award (especially with all the great games out this year).

My vote goes to The Orange Box. Mainly because its the only game I have thats listed and its my favourite out of the games I own.

Orange box, but Bioshock kicked ass. I haven't had time to play ME or CoD4 yet, and Halo 3 was just above average IMO.

Personally I think it is not even fair to include Orange box as a GOTY candidate because it is really just a collection of great games.

I voted for CoD4 because I have never experienced better combat in an FPS EVER. Mass Effect is my favorite game (followed very closely by Super Mario Galaxy) but CoD4 really raised the bar really high making it hard to go back to any other war FPS and not be seriously disappointed. An incredibly well-told story with some of the most memorable moments ever in a game EVER:

The aftermath of the nuclear explosion, the last 30 seconds of the game, and the sniper mission--all of these were absolutely stellar and exceedingly memorable and impactful.

Personally I think it is not even fair to include Orange box as a GOTY candidate because it is really just a collection of great games.

agreed, however there wasnt room to put them separately

I voted for CoD4 because I have never experienced better combat in an FPS EVER.

Mass Effect is my favorite game (followed very closely by Super Mario Galaxy) but CoD4 really raised the bar really high making it hard to go back to any other war FPS and not be seriously disappointed. An incredibly well-told story with some of the most memorable moments ever in a game EVER:

I played the demo, and the 360 version briefly (got to end of sinking ship) ...and I dont see anything out of the ordinary ..in fact what little I did see looked generic to me, I dont understand the fuss

played a few hours of Halo 3 last night ..almost didnt put it on this list because of it ..I dont think it remotely deserves to be Goty

You have to ignore The Orange Box voters in this poll simply because it's a biased opinion (like Cod4 would be on top if you posted the same poll on www.callofduty4.net forums).

Personally I think Cod4 wins GOTY. Everything about it was impressive, and some of it was just astonishing.

Orange box, for TF2 which has restored my faith in the MP scene. Second to that CoD4 which though short was exceptionally good fun.

Orange box? Nah.

My personal five in order are:

1. Portal
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Bioshock
4. Mass Effect
5. Assassins Creed

/me ponders what to vote

On one hand the orange box is obviously not a game, and as such should be invalid as an entry for goty. On the other hand, if it is indeed accepted it could be beneficial to gamers since it will give incentive to publishers to cram more content into each retail unit. Ofcourse, in the long run this might not be beneficial to the gamer since such practice will greatly favor the bigger companies and their endless sequels.

PC GOTY - Crysis.

The Witcher. Best designed, most engaging, most revolutionary in terms of roleplaying (extensive choice & consequence system unseen before)... plus, it's Polish.

On one hand the orange box is obviously not a game, and as such should be invalid as an entry for goty. On the other hand, if it is indeed accepted it could be beneficial to gamers since it will give incentive to publishers to cram more content into each retail unit. Ofcourse, in the long run this might not be beneficial to the gamer since such practice will greatly favor the bigger companies and their endless sequels.

PC GOTY - Crysis.

the poll only has 10 spots there wasnt enough room to rate them separately ..personally i think without a doubt the goty should go to portal but the other parts of the package sort of drags it down in the running for goty (tf2 not so much)

the poll only has 10 spots there wasnt enough room to rate them separately ..personally i think without a doubt the goty should go to portal but the other parts of the package sort of drags it down in the running for goty (tf2 not so much)

you only used 8 spaces, you still could have split them up :p

*edit* assuming you had 11 spaces /slaps self

I suppose if I had to give an individual game in the Box GOTY it'd be either Episode 2 or TF2. I'd say Portal, but as much as I enjoyed it I wouldn't slap GOTY on it simply because of how well it's written. TF2 is the best multiplayer I've played in years, and Episode 2 continues to represent the FPS in its most refined form.

I was going to say Bioshock, but it just continued to go down hill as the game progressed, and it never really shook up its gameplay enough for me.

you only used 8 spaces, you still could have split them up :p

*edit* assuming you had 11 spaces /slaps self

/slaps kageprototype ...10 spaces because you wouldnt need a spot for Orange Box (3 spots: 1 for each new game) ...but I could justify it by saying it actually came with 5 games :)

TF2 is a fantastic game, and IMO it certainly does not drag The Orange Box down. I suppose everyone likes different things so im wont argue about it.

Mass Effect. You guys only say Orange Box because it's biased here, but there were other better games. No way MAss Effect won't get at least runner up.

But it's an opinion poll, so that really has no bearing.

Mass Effect. You guys only say Orange Box because it's biased here, but there were other better games. No way MAss Effect won't get at least runner up.

No, that's just my opinion. What you're saying is both inane and irrelevant. Episode 2 and TF2 are two of the best games I've played this year, which is exactly what I voted for the Orange Box.

If I had a Wii, I might be voting otherwise.

/slaps kageprototype ...10 spaces because you wouldnt need a spot for Orange Box (3 spots: 1 for each new game) ...but I could justify it by saying it actually came with 5 games :)

The compulsory "other" option confuzuled me >.<

Back