Game of the Year?

Game of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm inclined to say CoD4, primarily because the SP and MP are the most fun I've had with a game in quite some time.

With Bioshock a close second, but not that close as it got incredibly repetitive imo... which probably sounds funny cause the CoD series are among one of the more repetitive game series out there.
But it was just so -fun-.

I think we should just post them all when the different reviewers post them, then whoever gets picked the most is the HL2.NET OFFICIAL GOTY!
EVERYONE WILL BELIEVE US (except the other fansites)

These results may be a little biased... But in my opinion it is the Orange Box :D

For me bioshock was a mixed experiance. I found the intro incredible, and the medical section isn't half bad (I love the tape where Steinman compares himself to pacasso - classic) but after that, until fort frolic, its mostly the same thing in a different enviroment. Fort Frolic kicks so much ass, there isn't much fighting, but the first time I rounded a corner and saw some "art" staring at me, I jumped. I was half expecting it to move. The gameplay remains at average level until after

Ryan's death

at which point it becomes an epic fighting fest.

I'd probably say Mario Galaxy and COD4 as a close 2nd.

OJ Box is just a compilation of solid games, but as individual games they don't stand up to be GOTY material if you ask me.

Crysis is exactly where it needs to be...not on the list :p

I had to give my vote to Bioshock. It wasn't a perfect game, it did get repetitive, and the ending was indeed utter crap. But when that game was on, it achieved a level of brilliance unmatched by any other game I've played.

But I have to give a nod to Mario Galaxy, the first game ever to make me giggle with pure glee.

The Orange Box is the only out of those that I've played, so I voted for that.

Either Crysis or Orange Box.

I don't know why everyone likes Bioshock. I bought it and played through it a couple of weeks ago and thought it was actually rather mediocre. The enemies just kind of kept respawning with pipes or pistols and would just run at you. That was my biggest complaint: the shit combat and bad AI.

Wow within 1 minute people are already angry with at my opinion on that game. A new record.

It happens. People and thier LoZ fetishes.

Orange Box is the only one on that list I played.

Well, from that list I've only got Mass Effect and CoD4, and I've played a couple of hours of both Bioshock and Halo 3.

I enjoyed CoD4 a lot, but it's a little too run of the mill to be calling it game of the year if that makes any sense. Mass Effect is the game for me. First game I've played in years that's really pulled me in. I could easily lose a whole day just playing that game.

I don't know why everyone likes Bioshock. I bought it and played through it a couple of weeks ago and thought it was actually rather mediocre. The enemies just kind of kept respawning with pipes or pistols and would just run at you. That was my biggest complaint: the shit combat and bad AI.

Finally, someone agrees. I played it for about an hour tops before switching it off since I was already bored. Incredibly overated imo.

I agree with Shift and theotherguy.

Yeah, but some of the areas we're sheer genious. Fort Frolic anyone?

Arguably one of my favourite moments in videogames, ever. (By that I mean the Musician guy coming down the stairs; I wasn't really that blown away by the "twist" at all. It's a pretty overrated scene).

I liked the twist, but i didn't like that i was given no option. Also, not as good as the twist from System Shock 2 on Deck 4.

meh I agree with you ..some of those games suck tool ..but after reading further than your post, I realise you were talking about something else ..in other words I pwned myself

This is one of the best years in recent gaming history, we all can agree that there is no one clear winner, and that is a good thing, however if I'd have to choose one it will be:
1) orange Box: This a labor of love plain and simple, each game of this box was crafted in a very special way, Portal anyone? pure brightness, Episode 2? outdoors gaming bliss!, and TF2 is just simple amazing so unique fun and addicting. So congratulations Orange Box and vALVE, you are the Game of the Year!

2 place would be COD 4, online is very fun...

Back