Games that are like Half-Life

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I've noticed that Resistance on the PS3(1, not 2) is pathetically similar to the Half-Life series in gameplay.

Half-Life is a very old-school FPS. A lot of games play similarly to Half-Life. Particularly the Quake series, which is older than Half-Life. Goldsrc (the Half-Life 1 engine) is based off the Quake engine.

Resistance
like Half-Life
2njkbgj.gif

Bioshock, in the sense considering the themes and motive

but not considering games and looking at movies, combine Children of Men, with District 13, with War of the Worlds and layer on some Matrix action, the mystery of Dark City, and of course V for Vendetta and then you got Half Life

but its really hard to compare it to anything else. its like the show LOST, everyone has their own interpretation on how it will/does end

I'd hate to compare Prey to Half-Life, but you kill alien-like enemies and it is a FPS. It's also pretty cheap, so you can get it for around $4 at GameStop.

What is a PS3?

Bioshock, in the sense considering the themes and motive

No. Bioshock is nothing like Half-Life. It's trying to be like System Shock, but failing at it.

If you think about it Doom3 is EXACTLY like the fist half life.

You're at an advanced research place, which has a massive accident, and now aliens (demons) are randomly teleporting everywhere. So you have to fight you're way through the base with monsters everywhere. Then you have to be teleported to the aliens home world. Then you have to kill the biggest, baddest alien to stop the other aliens from coming through

Ring any bells?

Yes. It's a remake of Doom 1 which Half-Life borrowed a lot from.

Back