Games you wish you hadn't bought

This is what I suspected. You are playing the game entirely incorrectly.

See that's the problem right there... when you have to "play the right way" or "learn to have fun" with a game it's a clear indication that it's not a game for me. Like Pesmerga I found the game extremely slow and the constant balancing act between mass and energy irritated the hell out of me.

I said earlier that SupCom is an RTS players wet dream. I said that because it can be amazingly competitive, yet still entirely fun - even for the loser.

Maybe for some people, as for me when it becomes obvious that I can't win a match in any RTS game I simply give up. I never "fight to the end".

1. Build a base
2. Set up some defenses
3. Hold out until you hit T3
4. Spam T3 and experimental.

That is exactly my pattern too for any RTS game. Build base/defenses, hold up until I've reached the highest tech level then attack in mass.

So like I told a friend of mine who loves this game, it's back to the C&C series for me...

On PC, it would have to be a mid-90s WWII fighter sim called Pacific Strike. What a dog that was. So little care went into implementing the feature that allowed you to pilot Japanese fighter planes that if you looked out of the cockpit of your Zero, you would see American markings on the wing.
I have yet to make any truly terrible purchases for the 360. SWTFU actually surprised me by not being as bad as everyone said, though the boss battles were still QTE-filled arse gravy. I, for one, liked Assassin's Creed, or rather...I liked what was good about it enough to say it was a must play even in spite of its numerous and bafflingly obtuse design flaws. I'm a sucker for art design, I guess.
I have to say that, for all its good qualities, Fallout 3 really disappointed me with how drab and ugly it was. The character modelling just flat out sucks compared with most modern tripple A games. The women all resemble big-boobed cyborgs from some abandonned fembot program conducted by Soviet scientists in the mid 60s. The super mutants look like cartoony Warhammer monsters, which I simply find silly. Enough to interfere with my enjoyment of the game, in fact.
Although I'm basically enjoying Dead Space (especially the way the game looks and sounds) , the level I just finished playing through really pissed me off. It was little more that a series of chokepoints set in a level I have allready explored 3 stages earlier. Quite insulting really.
All in all 2008 offered nothing that held a candle to the Orange Box/Mass Effect combo that rocked my world last winter.

That is exactly my pattern too for any RTS game. Build base/defenses, hold up until I've reached the highest tech level then attack in mass.

Too bad this doesn't work on any SC player.

I hate RTS Multiplayer games. Whats the point in playing a strategy game when you cant come up with your own strategy? When playing online in any RTS there is only one strategy you can play, and it simply becomes a "who can do it faster" game.

I can play that kind of game at a carnival.

2594601452_2291908d0a.jpg

What if you run out of resources in the process?

Quake 3 Team Arena
Purchased in a moment of weakness when I was without an internet connection and was fiending so bad for TFC I couldn't help it. To date it is the worst game purchase I have ever made.

Rainbow Six Gold Pack
Why'd I buy this? I knew I didn't like this series.

Starcraft
Why'd I buy this? I knew I hated this game with a passion. Actually, I bought it because I was humoring a friend that I'd play the damn game with him and "give it another chance." I haven't talked to him in like four years.

Armored Core 4Answer
I couldn't wait to rent it and dropped $65 on it to prove what I already knew from the past AC games: I am invincible in this game so long as I have parts to reconstruct the same damn mech I've been building since 1997. Now it sits on a shelf never to be played again.

Tekken 5 DR
Probably could've better spent my money elsewhere. There are no challengers left on PSN for my fist. Now the game sits unplayed on my HD.

What if you run out of resources in the process?

If that happens I take everything I have at the time and throw it at the enemy. Sometimes that actually works, depending on how well I manage the limited units I have at hand.

The RTS I mostly played with friend in LAN was C&C Generals, and with the special buildings and units that gather resources out of thin air (hacker, supply drop zone) I rarely had problems with "insufficient funds"

Bioshock - Jesus what a waste of time, bored out of my mind within an hour. Thanks to some individuals here overhyping it as the best game since Half-Life 2. MY BLEEDING ARSE IT IS!

Far Cry 2 - Started alright but about an hour to 2 hours in I got the feeling that everything I was doing now was pretty much what I would be doing for the rest of the game. The malaria addition was completely ****ing retarded, and the combat felt really awkward and annoying.

Pro Evo 09 (or is it 08, the latest one anyway) - I literally for 10 minutes and put it back in its case to take it back the next day. Pretty much EXACTLY the same as the last game which was also horrible, you would be better throwing yourself out of a window than play this game online, because its by far one of the most laggiest experiences of my entire life.

Call of Duty 3 - Terrible in every sense of the word, luckily CoD 5 was a large improvement.

Doom 3 - About as scary as a radiator .

Splinter Cell - Actually i liked it but my computer couldn't run it smoothly.

Riddick: Escape from the Butcher Bay - My graphics card had the drivers for it. Sad though, looked like a fine game.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Thought it would be an epic war game with an emotionally gripping character-driven story. What I got was a glorified game of whack-a-mole.

Age of Conan-Very over hyped. I expected more after beta. Apparently i expected too much.
COD 4 PC-Great Singleplayer,Flawed Multiplayer. Constant nade spamming is not my idea of fun.
Far Cry 2 PC-Thankfully, i got it for "free" with my GTX 260.

Earthsiege

actually my dad bought it to me because I wanted it, somewhere in the mid 90's I guess... I played it once and haven't even touched it since.

gtfo of here. Play it with a joystick, you noob. God I hate you.

Bioshock - Overrated (like another poster said, it was supposed to be the next Half-Life 2), long and extremely boring. I kept saying to myself... when will this ****ing game end?

Doom 3 - Tedious Quake/UT3 style gameplay with Doom style setting, how exciting!

Splinter Cell: DA - Not really my type of gaem.

DOA4 - Rent quality, not alot of replayability and how the multiple story arcs is done as if not alot of effort was put into it. But it is a fightan gaem, so what do you expect?

Battlefield: Vietnam - Should have never bought it. There was little mods made for it and the bugs completely screwed it over, also BFV just screemed mod (like BF2142).

Is Bioshock really that bad?

Bioshock was good, but not as good as everyone made it out to be. It's just a 'meh' game.

Age of Conan - Just a poorly executed MMO, I blame Stern

Warhammer Online - I always get on MMO hype trains and become quickly let down

STALKER - It's simply not my type of game, even with mods. Lovely atmosphere but other aspects break immersion for me

FABLE 2 - Was fun, I just didn't get enough game play hours to warrant the $60 price tag. Would be worth it at USD30 or less

Unreal Tournament 3 - Epic's leftover Gears of War models duke it out in less maps than ever! Epic's open palm slap to the face of it's loyal PC deathmatching fanbase. Not a good game. Unoptimized, uninteresting, buggy and poorly maintained post-release.

Bioshock is a hugely overrated game. It's pretty mediocre at the end of the day.

Bioshock is objectively awesome. No sense is arguing your wrong opinion. > : (

The Evolution of Samon:

Bioshock: 8/10

Samon said:
I thought Bioshock was pretty damn good. Definitely one of the best games this year, but it fell short here and there. The gameplay didn't suffer because it was linear, but because it didn't change enough. It also didn't help that the game took a nose dive after the plot twist.

Samon said:
I'd go for either Bioshock (which is really very good)

Samon said:
I thought Bioshock was a bit of a letdown but cool all the same.

Samon said:
Bioshock was hit and miss for me. I mean, it's evidently a good game.

Samon said:
Bioshock is ok.

Samon said:
Bioshock was a towering disappointment.

Damn, son.

Bioshock was pretty meh actually, not terrible but yeah really overrated

Bob, you totally got me there. I concede defeat. Well played my good man, well played.

Samons love of Bioshock is inverse time from release date. Which kind of makes sense. Maybe.

Battlefield 2: Special Forces

What the **** was I thinking?

Battlefield 2: Special Forces

What the **** was I thinking?

No SF was good. The 2142 expansion now that was a waste of money. I won copies of both BF2 and 2142 so I can't say anything about them.

Don't you mean Turok?

The series?

Im talking about the most recent Turok game, which i guess is just called Turok.

As for Bioshock, im glad i own it, and its overall a great game, but no where near becoming an all-time classic. At times it felt too much like a chore, was a little dry and boring, and i just really wanted to get through some parts...

Back