Gears of War (X360) Discussion!

I am the only one who feel kind of dissapointed whit the game being so short?
also the fact of not figth against the big creature whit canons in is back?

I am the only one who feel kind of dissapointed whit the game being so short?
also the fact of not figth against the big creature whit canons in is back?

I would be more disappointed if the MP didn't kick ass. I bought the thing for coop and MP, not SP.

It did suck that we didn't get to fight that thing. It looks like it'll be way more fun to fight than the Corpser. The Corpser was a disappointment to me.

Single Player was a great joy for me to play; in fact, it is the most fun I had with a game in a while. But then I tried the multiplayer; and when you look at the single player in terms of the tremendous online component, the online more than outshines it. So if you're looking at the single player through the eyes of one who has already played multiplayer, then it might be a smidgion disappointing.

I would be more disappointed if the MP didn't kick ass. I bought the thing for coop and MP, not SP.

It did suck that we didn't get to fight that thing. It looks like it'll be way more fun to fight than the Corpser. The Corpser was a disappointment to me.

what was the corpser?

The giant spider like thing.

I thought it was way to easy too, the hardest thing for me was not getting killed by wretches while trying to break the ramps. I would have liked to fight the giant things with rockets attached to their backs as well, maybe we will see that in 2. The game was pretty short, but being able to play through it twice for the achievements helps it seem a bit longer. I am getting addicted to the multiplayer, I didn't think it was that great at first but I couldn't quit playing today. If anyone wants to play some time my gamertag is Wildcat733.

Corpser was easy as hell on Hardcore, maybe it'll be a challenge on Insane . .

Corpser was easy as hell on Hardcore, maybe it'll be a challenge on Insane . .

There's no difference really. Except for some reason i didn't get any achievement after beating the Corpser on insane, where as i got one when i beat it on Hardcore and Casual?

Maybe its a glitch, or maybe there isn't an achievement for it. Oh well.

No achievement

'My love for you is like a truck' is a great little tribute though

oh yeah the spider thing was so disapointing
you practically cornered it and "omfg shoot the belly!"

That's how I played before getting pretty decent multiplayer. It's here that you really get to learn the cool tricks - single player is alot less hide and cover now, especially with a mate in co-op.

Yeah, I guess so. I told my friends who had the game today my thoughts on it - and regardless of my praise for how cool the gameplay is, the visuals, the cut-scenes, etc, etc - they still ripped me apart for even muttering the word ''repetative'' :| All of the games I like are repetative, namely Halo and Half-Life 2, but that doesn't mean they are bad. I love this game and I can't wait to get it.

Sod em. If you're havng fun, then who cares?

I was playing Bust a Move with a mate till 4 am the other day. Repetitive, yes. Awesome game, definately :)

Sod em. If you're havng fun, then who cares?

I was playing Bust a Move with a mate till 4 am the other day. Repetitive, yes. Awesome game, definately :)

Thing is, is that they know it has it's repetative aspects, they are just so happy that I was wrong about the game (I've been saying the last few months that it looks nothing special) that they want to fault me in every way.

Give 'em a few months and they'll agree, I assure you. It's no biggie to me, as like I said, repetition isn't a problem, espeically when GOW has such AWESOME things like the curbstomp and the moving-from cover to cover features. :D

EDIT: Also, this is probably the only game that has really made me admire the graphics. I'm all for good graphics, aye, but like I've said before, Half-Life 2 was great for me regardless of the graphics looking like they came out of MSpaint (my computer fails) But GOW... man, a close up on Dom, seeing his armour, the tattoes, the dirt in between the muscles of his arms, the veins, the mud and dirt... christ it looked good.

Gears of War had some of the most likeable characters in a game I've seen.

God-damnit, Carmine, why! WHYYY!

-Angry Lawyer

There's no difference really. Except for some reason i didn't get any achievement after beating the Corpser on insane, where as i got one when i beat it on Hardcore and Casual?

Maybe its a glitch, or maybe there isn't an achievement for it. Oh well.

You only get an acheivement for hardcore. You must have been seeing things if you got one on casual.

-Angry Lawyer

I thought that part was pretty sad. :( He sounded so young, plus it's just the fact that his gun actually jams and he's so helpless.

Ah well, I knew it was coming. Fun to watch.

thanks for the spoiler.

dammit i can't believe you just did that!!!! i haven't played it yet

The story is probably the least appealing aspect of Gears of War, and that's an understatement. The game-play and non-stop action however makes it something worthwhile.

-Angry Lawyer
Haha, yeah, I liked him. Not sure if it was actually something they put into his AI, but he always acted like you'd expect in combat for me. He was always rushing right at the enemy and either shotgunning or chainsawing something, then dieing :D

Plus, atleast he was alot less annoying than Baird...

Little dissapointed that it was so short aswell. The first 3 acts are great, they were all the pefect length for me and progressed in difficulty at just the right pace. The fourth act is still good, but it's a little too short and starts to get a bit samey. The fifth act is a joke as far as finales go =/ (but atleast it's not a joke without a punchline... coughhalo2cough).

He had that large endearing asian appeal, soft features, probably had a family :(.

Grr. They desperately need to add in latency to game browsing... haven't been able to find a decent game in ages where I wasn't lagged to hell and just getting lucky shotgun kills...

use the bloody spoiler tags people, for f**ks sake i wanted to play it and know nothing about it.

I think the multiplayer seriously needs more variety in the modes.

Deathmatch is so Quake 2, it's become rather boring.

Sorry for the bump, but I've noticed it's pretty frowned upon here to make a new thread if one already exsists. But then, people seem to get annoyed at bumps aswell... heh, too bad.

I have it! :D I'm at the Edlegy (sp?) Square at the moment, just holding out at the fountain, trying to surive on low health in time for the grenades to respawn. Haaaarddddd. I shouldn't of gone to Hardcore straight away. But not to worry, got a mate coming on later to assist in co-op. \o/!!

Haha, yeah, I liked him. Not sure if it was actually something they put into his AI, but he always acted like you'd expect in combat for me. He was always rushing right at the enemy and either shotgunning or chainsawing something, then dieing :D

Plus, atleast he was alot less annoying than Baird...

Man, it seems the guys OTHER then Carmaine are utter bollocks. Dom practicually uses objects as a means of transport, whereas Yin (Yan? Uiy? The Asian guy) just... well, does nothing. Just today it was me and Carmaine actually doing something; both moving up towards the enemy from cover-to-cover, I'd blind fire and he'd move up, then vice-versa. It was awesome. :D

i also got it, i got a fat paycheck for xmas so decided i'd buy an xbox360, picked up gears and cod3 in a decent bundle deal. I'm also playing on hardcore, i've died alot, the troikas are deadly.i'm just passed the part where you find the 1st alpha squad soldier.

any tips are welcome, its a pretty tough game.

Yeah, it's pretty freakin' tough alright. Me and my mate (who is actually called Dom, heh) just plouged through to the start of Act 2. Fighting the Berzerker = intense.

I just got a 360 + GoW, and I used to think this game would be crappy, but upon playing it, it's really good, although it's not as good as alot of people say. Just needed to say that.

I've played GoW quite a bit at work (since I work at a LAN like some of you know) and I liked it enough ... tomorrow I'm picking up a 360, GoW, Dead Rising, and Saints Row.

It is. Have you tried beating the last boss on hard?!

He was pretty hard on Hardcore though admittedly I wasn't really thinking too much and just randomly blasting him and when I took the time to actually think before I attempted (Went back, got rid of the shotgun for sniper and I used a hit-and-run tactic and that) I killed him in 1 attempt.

Insane is going to be.. well.. insane.

Upon receiving an Xbox 360 for Christmas I was naturally elated. However, I couldn't help but be a little disappointed when the only game I got was Gears of War. I'm a shooter guy, and my favorite game ever made is probably Unreal Tournament, but I had been told over and over again that Gears of War was only good; not great.

However, having been playing the game fanatically since my getting it, I can't help but wonder what those people were smoking. Gears of War is not like any other shooter ever made. Period. Even after I got over the visual overload, it has remained to be an amazing multiplayer and singleplayer game that plays uniquely. I can't really be happier that we are seeing this level of innovation coupled with professionalism.

I wouldn't confuse the fact that Gears of War only has deathmatch with a lack of innovation. I have heard it represented that way so many times. It is the fact that Gears of War can get away with only having deathmatch that is a testament to just how fresh and just how exquisite the core gameplay is. Gears of War rules.

Just got off a good solid hour and a half of MP with two mates - great fun! The first 5 levels or so were the best, as all of us there were all pretty new to the game, save my mate who was helping us out and stuff. Some real good tactical gameplay going on, but then the last 4 games these other guys came in and, as it wasn't ranked, were really good and wiped the floor with us which is a little disapointing. It was kind of like being bullied. These guys obviously like to thave K/D ratios of 20/2 so they come into the lesser games to boost a bit. I hate it.

But overall - very fun. Some lovely levels, aside from the fact it's basically one half multiplyed by 2 then pasted again, but still. I enjoyed it. Bit of frustration with the shotgun and the Torque Bow, but only in the later games with the better players.

On singleplayer I have just left the Junker and I'm defending the wall from the attacks. The very start of the Act, walking through the city and the industrial areas... dear God it looks beautiful, and even on my crappy TV. Amazing. Loved the Pitch Black-esqe Kryll, too. Does anyone else get reminded of the Fast Zombies from HL2 when encountering the Wretches or whatever they are called? The bounding through the corridors, the screeching, the howling, the way they dance around you, swiping at you with their claws? Made going inside houses very tense, as did it on HL2 in Ravenholm.

i just finished act 2, wow, the final battle was intense, holding the locust back mainly using my sniper rifle, awesome. i did die a few times though trying to finish it. On to act 3....

I got it for christmas and it's awesome. I'm up to act 2 so far. Multiplayer's great too, but something that really annoyed me was these two guys in one of the matches I was playing who waited until there was only one guy left on the opposite team and just kept knocking him down. Every time he got up they just knocked him down again for five minutes until the round ended. and everybody else had to wait. There should be an option not to get up when you get knocked down.

Act 3 is so goddamn good. If you like Aliens (film), you'll love it. Christ it's creepy.

EDIT: The mines look absolutly gorgeous. Seriously, this is epic.

Wow, this game is waaaaay better with co-op, me and my brother are suprisingly good teamworkers. (I was usually the bait to lure the gunfire while he took out Troikas..)

This game is amazing, the first act isn't so great, but once you get to the factory it just blows me away.

Back