Gina

Mutley

Tank
Reaction score
What happened to this character? Will she make a come back?

We saw her in the Tutorial as the hologram and apparently she invented the HEV suit and brought the sample to the test chamber.

Might be cool to see her in the story again.

I think she died because she never wore her suit helmet.

:rolling:

What happened to this character? Will she make a come back?

We saw her in the Tutorial as the hologram and apparently she invented the HEV suit and brought the sample to the test chamber.

Might be cool to see her in the story again.

I was wondering what happened to her. Would be nifty to see her as a return character that tries to win over Gordons heart and Alyx gets jealous, and what not!

Half-Life: Soap Opera!

After Decay, she teleported to Xen and died.

We can see her corpse in OP4.

I was wondering what happened to her. Would be nifty to see her as a return character that tries to win over Gordons heart and Alyx gets jealous, and what not!

"barney... I'm pregnant. and I think it's mossman's.

id go for that :D

After Decay, she teleported to Xen and died.

We can see her corpse in OP4.
Inconclusive. The character of Gina Cross was created AFTER Opposing Force, even though the model was a hand-me-down from Half-Life 1. I doubt Gearbox designed her fate 2 years in advance of the character herself.

Proboaly died when the bomb went off, or during the portal storsm or Combine occupation, or she's a member of the resistance science team. But the latter is unlikely.

Proboaly died when the bomb went off, or during the portal storsm or Combine occupation, or she's a member of the resistance science team. But the latter is unlikely.
It's more likely that she's a resistance member than she randomly got axed in the Portal storms / Combine occupation. Also, Decay isn't a very long title, and there is little to suggest that she and Colette wouldn't have had plenty of time to escape after their final battle.

Well, if ANY of you have played Decay to the end, Gina and Green protect a beacon from one of those manta ray things. I'm not sure what happens after, but I'm guessing the bomb might destroy them, since they are still near Black Mesa. You're tight, it would be nice to see her again, but maybe, the reason why GearBox made Decay was to fill in the bit from OP4. Ultimately, i bet she DID get sent to Xen and died, but more likely, died with the bomb. If you bring up the fact of the bonus level in Decay, well, that's a bonus level where (from what I hear) you fight INSIDE the room where the bomb had been planted in OP4. But I believe that extra level to be... how to say... 'un-canon'.

but maybe, the reason why GearBox made Decay was to fill in the bit from OP4.
I doubt it VERY much. There is no 'bit' in Opposing Force. Just a miscellaenous dead corpse that uses the same model as a character that hasn't yet been invented.

Well, if ANY of you have played Decay to the end, Gina and Green protect a beacon from one of those manta ray things. I'm not sure what happens after, but I'm guessing the bomb might destroy them, since they are still near Black Mesa. You're tight, it would be nice to see her again, but maybe, the reason why GearBox made Decay was to fill in the bit from OP4. Ultimately, i bet she DID get sent to Xen and died, but more likely, died with the bomb. If you bring up the fact of the bonus level in Decay, well, that's a bonus level where (from what I hear) you fight INSIDE the room where the bomb had been planted in OP4. But I believe that extra level to be... how to say... 'un-canon'.

Really, funny, I'll play that bit over, but I'm pretty sure you don't go to where the bomb is, let alone see it. People likely get confused, because both levels are in an underground car park, but I honsetly doubt that the area from "Xen Attacks" (great name Gearbox :hmph: ) is the same area from "The package"

I can not bring myself to play the PS2 version so i have no idea but did you see how many Hazard Suit corpses there are in Xen? There are bound to be more than one female around

Really, funny, I'll play that bit over, but I'm pretty sure you don't go to where the bomb is, let alone see it. People likely get confused, because both levels are in an underground car park, but I honsetly doubt that the area from "Xen Attacks" (great name Gearbox :hmph: ) is the same area from "The package"

I never really played that level, but according to Wikipedia, you fight off hordes of Xenians in the room from 'The Package'.

I can not bring myself to play the PS2 version so i have no idea but did you see how many Hazard Suit corpses there are in Xen? There are bound to be more than one female around

the thing is that 99.99 percent of them have helmets. Gina doesn't.

So follow your instinct, and look at the chest :p
HEV suits don't show curves.

The Opposing Force female corpse wears an Orange HEV suit when Gina Cross' is tan coloured in Decay. Also, the Decay Gina model IS different, though somewhat similar to the Half-Life model. In essence, the only thing that says that the female corpse in Opposing Force is Gina is the model name, gina.mdl. But what kind of evidence is that when there are barney.mdl corpses by the hundreds in the game series?

Barney the character was invented long after the original model was called Barney. Gina on the other hand technically didn't exist when Op4 was brought in, but she still had a model.

Barney the character was invented long after the original model was called Barney. Gina on the other hand technically didn't exist when Op4 was brought in, but she still had a model.
There is little to no difference in either the facts of the cases, or the way you've stated them above.

Decay was never created for story purposes. It exists simply to beef up the PS2 package with a little extra, coop content.

There is little to no difference in either the facts of the cases, or the way you've stated them above.

Well, what I mean is, if there is a single Gina.mll model existing before Gina the character technically exists... then?

gina.jpg

gina2.jpg

gina3.jpg

She wearing the wrong coloured HEV suit (the other girl was wearing that one).

I see the difference in HEV yes, but the hair looks a bit wrong. The model in the PS2 version WOULD be different, lots of the models are, the PS2 version is basically just updated in graphics, that's about it. I noticed when I played the PC version AFTER playing the PS2 version, the first Scientist in OP4 scared the **** out of me, looked more like a frog in my opinion!

I thought you never got the crowbar in OP4, I haven't played the whole game, but I was told that the monkey wrench was its replacement :S

HEV suits don't show curves.

The Opposing Force female corpse wears an Orange HEV suit when Gina Cross' is tan coloured in Decay. Also, the Decay Gina model IS different, though somewhat similar to the Half-Life model. In essence, the only thing that says that the female corpse in Opposing Force is Gina is the model name, gina.mdl. But what kind of evidence is that when there are barney.mdl corpses by the hundreds in the game series?
I'm pretty sure that the different colour HEV suits were just a matter of design and it's to be taken that the were orange, the player just sees them as the other colours. On of the guards even says "You look good in orange".

Doctor Colette Green and Doctor Gina Cross.

Decay was never created for story purposes. It exists simply to beef up the PS2 package with a little extra, coop content.

It sure has a lot of story content for an episode that wasn't designed for it.

---

Gina's suit is tan in Decay, but in Blue Shift her suit is orange again. If anything it's the suit colors that are meaningless as there were obviously changed for Decay to distinguish the two player PC's from one another. When I played Opposing Force for the first time I didn't know who "Gina" was but I still assumed the dead woman in the HEV Suit was the very same one from the Hazard Course. She does seem like a likely candidate for return however. I think Rosenberg would be better though.

I think that people underestimate the story points provided by Decay and Opposing Force.

Back