Gman Theories

cool name
Sebastian
55ot1u.jpg

If G-man has an actual name, which I imagine he does not, then it would be something like ZT'CHAR-P'THAW'TGRLAK and he would be a writhing mass of flesh and undulating, bubbling gelatin on some unfathomable world of horror and shifting reality in a universe uninhabitable to human beings.

But I personally envision him as a being that simply has no body, and therefore I imagine he has a different name among all the different cultures he "visits". Or perhaps he doesn't? Perhaps he always chooses to appear before individuals rather than whole civilisations, as he has done with humans. In this case he is probably a complete mystery to all. Though I suppose this would make acquiring his interdimensional services difficult.

Still, it is fun to think of him as a lovecraftian being. Blah blah blah, the stars are right.

I think hes an alian because when i played half life 1 he standing in the balcon and looking in my when i fight with zombies and headcrabs

when i killed all of them he go away and then an alian has come....

Its wery weard isn't it?
Sorry for my bad english...

If they ever specifically name him in game, his initials better be L.M.

Hello, Mister... Freeman... I am... Jeff... in A-count...ing.... I have some... questions... about your... *inhale* expense... report....

i just read through all 6 pages of this thread and all i can say is....sticky this one and delete all others upon creation...

here's to someone sneaking into the GDC in March and taking one of the Valve people hostage for info on EP3!

I have two theories on the G-Man myself, neither of which I've seen anyone else mention in this thread, although I'm sure I'm not the only person who thought of these. These are actual theories.

The theory I had first was that he's not Gordon from the future, but Shephard. But seeing as Shephard was a character created (I'm assuming) by Gearbox and not Valve, perhaps that alone would prove that theory unlikely.

My other more recent thought is that's he's Alyx's biological father. This seems more plausible to me than my Shephard theory.

I have two theories on the G-Man myself, neither of which I've seen anyone else mention in this thread, although I'm sure I'm not the only person who thought of these. These are actual theories.

The theory I had first was that he's not Gordon from the future, but Shephard. But seeing as Shephard was a character created (I'm assuming) by Gearbox and not Valve, perhaps that alone would prove that theory unlikely.

My other more recent thought is that's he's Alyx's biological father. This seems more plausible to me than my Shephard theory.

Have you any reasoning behind why those two figures would have motive behind Gmans actions within the four games? And how would those supposable people have access to a time stop, the ability to control minds and just blatantly owning supernatural powers?

These are actual theories.

he's Alyx's biological father
You know what. You know what you don't deserve just a beating. You need to be beaten to death. Even Riomhaire won't stop me this time. I want to open a portal to Dimension X where pit drones will nail your limbs to the wall and shocktroopers will beat you night and day with chairs, rotating out in shifts. Every so often they'll strip off pieces of your flesh to whet the appetites of the voltigores, until you die from wounds--most of which I'd hope would have painfully festered--and exhaustion, upon which time your carcass will be thrown into the volti-nests. This is what you deserve.
time stop

blatantly owning supernatural powers?
Goddamn it he can't stop time! And his powers aren't supernatural!

You know what. You know what you don't deserve just a beating. You need to be beaten to death. Even Riomhaire won't stop me this time. I want to open a portal to Dimension X where pit drones will nail your limbs to the wall and shocktroopers will beat you night and day with chairs, rotating out in shifts. Every so often they'll strip off pieces of your flesh to whet the appetites of the voltigores, until you die from wounds--most of which I'd hope would have painfully festered--and exhaustion, upon which time your carcass will be thrown into the volti-nests. This is what you deserve.

If you don't mind, I'd like to help you in this torturing process by being one of the aliens that repeatedly beats this guy with a chair.

*chokes and spits bloody froth all over the proceedings*

This thread is going to make me an unending font of red phlegm from every orifice and pore. The phlegm of my liquefied organs, damn you all. Bring forth the chairs, form the line, let the beatings begin.

Might I suggest using some extract to re-animate his dead flesh, so as to have the pleasure of beating him to death once more?

Reanimation, even for the purposes of torture, is too good for him. You only reanimate those who are worth enough contempt to be brought back again and again. One could consider that a mark of honor, as an enemy worth killing over and over. This guy deserves no such honor. He's a wretch with a stupid theory...perhaps the stupidest I've ever heard. But it's still just a stupid theory. One death is all he gets.

Go for it.

Perhaps G-man is a door-to-door salesman who got enveloped in radioactive particles while attending his niece's fourth birthday. Starved of attention and now invisible and beyond the grasp of time and space, he spends his "days" looking for theoretical physicists to harass at seemingly random intervals.

After a blossoming romance emerges between him and Alyx Vance in Episode 3, I anticipate they will conspire to turn Gordon into a supersonic elephant and ride him into the Combine Overworld together while vomiting explosive frogs onto their euclidean cities from the crimson skies.

This is the most logical explanation so far.

Insane theory time (because I'd like to contribute to this hilariously wacky thread): Gordon Freeman, Barney Calhoun, and Adrian Shephard... are the same man.

So here's how it goes: When the original Gordon Freeman was first transported to Xen, the slightly-buggy human-created portal spawned dozens of duplicates of Gordon Freeman in varying degrees of accuracy. All those dead bodies in HEV suits you find at Xen? Dead Gordon Freeman clones.

"Barney Freeman" and "Adrian Freeman" were the only two clones created at the portal that were able to survive (that we know of). "Adrian Freeman" entered stasis at the end of Half-Life around the same time as Gordon, so he's basically the same age as the real Gordon Freeman. G-man implanted false memories into the two surviving Freeman clones so they wouldn't suspect a thing, and dropped Barney and Adrian into different areas of Xen so the three wouldn't run into each other.

Conclusions:

- Due to the imperfect duplication, Barney Freeman wound up with 20/20 vision
- Gordon Freeman isn't actually owed any beer.
- If Gordon had a voice actor, he'd sound like Barney and say similar things.
- The true memories of Barney and Adrian begin at Xen, everything prior is a false memory.
- If the real Gordon Freeman effs up and dies, G-man can replace him with a near-identical looking Adrian Freeman and play it off as amnesia

Insane theory above but with a twist: You were playing as Adrian Shephard during the entirety of Half-Life 2.

Perhaps G-man is a door-to-door salesman who got enveloped in radioactive particles while attending his niece's fourth birthday. Starved of attention and now invisible and beyond the grasp of time and space, he spends his "days" looking for theoretical physicists to harass at seemingly random intervals.

After a blossoming romance emerges between him and Alyx Vance in Episode 3, I anticipate they will conspire to turn Gordon into a supersonic elephant and ride him into the Combine Overworld together while vomiting explosive frogs onto their euclidean cities from the crimson skies.

I have a new favorite theory. :thumbs:

So here's how it goes: When the original Gordon Freeman was first transported to Xen, the slightly-buggy human-created portal spawned dozens of duplicates of Gordon Freeman in varying degrees of accuracy. All those dead bodies in HEV suits you find at Xen? Dead Gordon Freeman clones.
Oh man, don't drag JackSquat's awesome multiple Gordon Freemans theory into this. It's too cool to be tainted.

I did smirk at Gordon not being owed a beer, though.

Google did not supply me this theory to sate my curiosity, fuuuuuuuu.

I see it actually kinda obvious: G-Man stole portal device from Aperture or Mesa (combined the two probably) and now trying to move across the interdimensional/intergalactic fights mind his own business and trying to somehow pull the strings to make things (wars) work for him. His employers are probably some form of supernatural race/agency at the time hl1 was being made - aliens? I doubt humans, humanity is too primitive to even satisfy g-mans ambitions, tho we must admit that hl1 and the quote "we have borders of xen under control" implies quite clearly he is connected with human government in some respect. Actually I think mr Laidlaw himself sometimes doubts about his g-man theory because he somehow shift the core of the character as he seems best in the respect of the story. Keep up the teories, mine is - g-man - mutual intergalactic bastard that reminds us of opportunitism as we see it every day. Damn straight.

Excuse me sir, but I think your brain might be broken. Allow me to offer an explanation. If there is doubt or uncertainty with any particular facet of an assertion, then it does not follow that said idea is obvious. In fact, the less evidence there is to back up an idea, the less obvious it gets.
That being said, most of what you have just said is POSSIBLE. However. The relationship that develops between the proportion of possible truth in most of what you just said, and me wanting to smear my rotten entrails all over the innocent faces of your loved ones, is the inverse.

Seriously leave your entrails for yourself, no one gives a f.. about them :).. But thats just little uncertainity in the theory, so what? Did the Harvey Lee Osvald killed Kennedy, or your entrails?
In my eyes it is kinda obvious, still is theory, however the relationship between being an ass and good sense for irony in your case is very thin
Excuse me sir, but I think your brain might be broken.
Who asked you about opinion?
Hell yeah you got ignore list here. Used, thanks :)

OMFG!

I believe GMAN is somewhat neutral with his own intentions in mind. Some sort of interstellar traveler not bound by natural laws. He can appear anywhere to whomever he wishes to be seen by.

He does not care about humanity

Doesn't this sound so similar to those last few episodes of Doctor Who??
:O

You're just mad because you know your hypothesis is wrong, deadman.

You're just mad because you know your hypothesis is wrong, deadman.

So why make thread about it? Simply lock it, no? I see some people on those forums are lil biatches, so I guess I will find another one. Enjoy yourselves here :thumbs:

Sweet, first attempted noob bash successful. Does this make me an official HL2.net elitist jerk? Do I get a badge? Perhaps a cookie, or a tissue to hand to people?

MFL this will go good for your beating quota.

Keep it up and you'll be synthesised amongst us totally awesome combine in no time.

Back