Goldeneye: Source Beta1

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
An eye of gold. A gold eye. Goldeneye. Goldeneye: Source. Goldeneye: Source Beta1.

Yes, the Goldeneye: Source have released their Beta1 of what is sure to be an top-notch mod!

They are currently having some bug reports and the recommeneded action is:
  • Check for and download latest video card drivers
  • A server with 10 people seems to work better
  • Have the Base SDK installed
  • Download the mod again on another mirror and reinstall the mod.
  • Turn HDR off
  • Turn shadow detail on low
Find the full list of download locations here and their personalised installation instructions here

Enjoy!

This mod is amazingly fun. All they need to do if fix the hitboxes.

downloading now. very much looking forward to it

I'm going to have to download it later when I'm not busy with school stuff.

One thing that bugs me about a lot of mods for Source is that some of them are just remakes (Black Mesa, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Mario Kart, etc). It's cool and all that people are redoing them, but I much prefer original mods with all of their own ideas instead of taking another person's game and remaking it and making it look prettier.

Either way, congrats on the release team! :)

I'm going to have to download it later when I'm not busy with school stuff.

One thing that bugs me about a lot of mods for Source is that some of them are just remakes (Black Mesa, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Mario Kart, etc). It's cool and all that people are redoing them, but I much prefer original mods with all of their own ideas instead of taking another person's game and remaking it and making it look prettier.

Either way, congrats on the release team! :)

I understand your point, but this mod is so well done.

Oh yea I'm definitely not downplaying the quality of the mod at all, and in fact I'm sure I'll end up playing it eventually.

This is a very high quality mod- great textures, sound, gun modeling, etc. There's still bugs, obviously, but it is a hell of a lot of fun!

Just had a quick blast on this at last and :D

Great fun!

It's pretty fun, but I'm not sure if I can say it's "good". From my 1 hour experience, there's lots of dying at spawn (not that people are spawnraping, but many times I happened to see someone spawn in front of me and what can you do - I kill those; I've died 4 times in a row upon spawn once) and lots of randomness (again, due to spawning). The only weapon used (as the server message said - to prevent crashing)- the PP7 - is as accurate as a sniper rifle and can kill someone 100m away on the run (burst ftw). So it feels kinda awkward.

I haven't played the original Goldeneye, so no sentiment here.

Worked fine for me, and I have all settings on max.

Worked fine for me, and I have all settings on max.

Is that a response to one of the posts here? oO Nobody was talking about performance here as far as I can see.

EDIT: Oh, the common bugs list.

its a very good looking mod, but the sounds are not good. They are extrememly weak and seems like im shooting a pellet gun.

But again, it looks great, so hopefully they will fix a few things.

Back