Gordon Freeman Needs You!

He had those pictures of his niece in his locker. And his home life was touched on briefly--extremely briefly--in the prima guide.

"I have no voice, but you can try moving the mouse up and down for 'yes' and left and right for 'no.' It won't impact the story in any way."

He had those pictures of his niece in his locker. And his home life was touched on briefly--extremely briefly--in the prima guide.

"I have no voice, but you can try moving the mouse up and down for 'yes' and left and right for 'no.' It won't impact the story in any way."

Were those actually canon? I thought it was accepted they were an Easter Egg since they're pictures of a relation of one of Valve staff.

"I have a voice, sit still and listen to me talk and watch me move as I act out the story for you"

Were those actually canon? I thought it was accepted they were an Easter Egg since they're pictures of a relation of one of Valve staff.
That's not very convincing evidence for it being an easter egg though. I mean what else do you expect them to do.

"We need a baby picture for Gordon's niece"

"Well instead of just using some stock photo here's a picture of my daughter"

Or whatever.

It's a photo of an actual person rather than a picture in the style of the models though.

You have no idea how sick of these polls I am.

It was actually the other way around, Vegeta. One of the devs put a picture of their kid in Gordon's locker, and everyone speculated on who the kid was and tried to make it fit into the story. Laidlaw eventually said it's Gordon's niece.

"I have a voice, sit still and listen to me talk and watch me move as I act out the story for you"
"..."

FREEMAN WON!!!!!
I DONT BELIVE IT!!!!

freeq.jpg

FREEMAN MADE IT OUT OF THE BLACK MESA FACILITY

FREEMAN MADE IT TO THE TOP OF THE CITIDEL

NOW, HE HAS MANAGED TO WIN BY 119 VOTES

Snake...had a hard life.

og9940.jpg

Good job Dr. Freeman; I voted for you.

Nice. I am going to consider Halflife2.net personally responsible for his victory, since I'm willing to bet the front page post about this garnered Freeman way more than the 119 vote margin. We can rest easy and watch him get destroyed by Nintendo fanboys now.

2rmm81i.jpg

Oh god it was all a dream, now we have to start voting ALL OVER AGAIN

Im sure he will beat this street figher guy. Unless somone is doing massive power voting lol.

I think now that Freeman has passed the hard part (beating snake) he will make it to the top 4, then be crushed by Link.

You think Link will make it to the next round?! You can blow it out your ass!

ALWAYS BET ON DUKE

Also don't count out the scrub-vote for Ryu. Ryu's going to get votes by people who don't even main Ryu, just people who are casual fans of Street Fighter.

hahahaha ok fine ill be shocked if Link loses to Duke.

Freeman needs to pick up snake with his blue gravity gun and lauch him at duke

I doubt he'll beat Ryu, if he does he doesn't stand a chance against Mario or Link anyway.

It's been fun. I know he'll beat Ryu, but I don't think he stands a chance against Mario, Samus, MegaMan, or Link.

Duke and Kratos he can beat, but I doubt they'll win.

Ennui said:
I doubt he'll beat Ryu

Gordon's beating the shit out of Ryu right now. The nice thing is, most people who seriously play fighting games DON'T GIVE A SHIT about this poll. I mean, technically nobody should give a shit about this poll, but...

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Duke...he can beat...I doubt they'll win
Perhaps you didn't hear me the first time.

You always.

Bet.

On Duke.

egr0ux.jpg

I personally agree. As much of a fanboy love affair as I have with Gordon, I knew Duke when I was naught but 7 or 8 and he's had a more lasting impact. I still remember the strip club level like it was yesterday.

I also bet on DOOOK

Wah, that's awesome! Cheers to Gordan making it into the final match. :cheers:

I personally agree. As much of a fanboy love affair as I have with Gordon, I knew Duke when I was naught but 7 or 8 and he's had a more lasting impact. I still remember the strip club level like it was yesterday.

I also bet on DOOOK

This, holy shit.

My friend and I must have pushed enter a hundred times giving strippers money. I always thougt they where evil, becouse they always spawnd pigmonsters if you killed a stripper.

I think the last four will be Gordon, Link, Samus and Mario. The Final Two will probably be like Link and Samus or something like that. Looks like Ryu's getting his ass beat so far.

I bet on douk myself... Would definitely like to see him make it into the the next slot.

Edit: Wow, just checked the standings. He is getting his ass handed to him by the fairy boy. :(

I hate seeing this thread in the News section, every time my subconscious goes "NEW NEWS ON GORDON IN EP3??"

How the **** is Gordon beating Ryu? The gamer inside me is sickened!

I have more of an emotional attachment to the crowbar than Gordon.

That's because Duke actually had charatcer ;)

Link winning by 24,000 votes

Gordon beating Ryu by 15,000

All is good:):)

Now wait for Gordon VS Link, that will be a showdown

When does the voting end for this round? Ryu started down and out, but is slowly crawling his way back...

Not sure when voting ends. Im looking forward to Link vs Gordon.

Link is projected to win....but then again so were the combine. And the alien hordes from HL1. And Snake.

Poor duke. He did good for someone who hasnt had a game out in 10 years

Back