Greenmangaming, like Steam but cheaper for pre orders.

Hellrider

Spy
Reaction score
If you haven't heard, Greenmangaming sells Deus Ex HR for 29$, and Dead Island for 29$ as well, and Red Orchestra 2 for even cheaper, as well as Tropico 4 and Stronghold 3, all being Steamworks games. It also sells various other steam games (Here is a list of Steam games that are sold on GMG: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2046945) and games that work on its own steam-like software (only much more minimalistic).

Input the voucher GUNNI-NGFOR-GAMES and it gives you a 20% discount for Deus Ex HR.
For Dead Island it's EATIN-BRAIN-ZZZZZ.
These ones are for the rest (work on any game) 20PEC-FACEB-SAVER --- 20SUM-MERSA-VINGS --- SUNNY-SAVER-20PEC

These vouchers (and others like them) are basically what the site has going for it, combined with their promise to keep their pre order prices the lowest.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=nuhegume
What the referral link does is give you 5$ credit after the first purchase (after you register from it), and give me the same amount. What I recommend if you want more than one game is to buy one, then get the 5$ credit and maybe more if you refer some friends, and then buy another game using the credit to make it cheaper (If you feel bothered by me getting something out of it, feel free to remove the referral part from the link).
Overall the discount is 35% + the 5$ you get from the referral.

I've noticed there was another thread about this site but I saw that it didn't exactly go into detail, so I decided to make this one.

I've noticed there was another thread about this site but I saw that it didn't exactly have my referral link, so I decided to make this one.
Fixed.

But seriously, I preordered RO2 from here, good price.

Fixed.

But seriously, I preordered RO2 from here, good price.

It was about a specific voucher and game, and didn't really inform about the site. No one has to use my link and I'm clear about it, I'd obviously be thankful, but it benefits both parties so that shouldn't matter.

So if I pre-order form this site do I get a key instantly to put onto Steam?

So if I pre-order form this site do I get a key instantly to put onto Steam?

Depends, I mean I got my Deus Ex key on the 19th I believe and I pre-ordered before that. I believe the basic principle is that you will get it before it comes releases but the determining factor is obviously not Greenman, but when they decide to release everyone's keys.

I do have to commend them on having a neat little system of credits acquired by referrals and reviews. The review credits are fairly insignificant, but they seem to not require much of an investment in terms of thoroughness in order to be accepted by the moderator. I have yet to determine whether you must own the game through Greenman in order for your review to be accepted either. They also offer you more of a credit when you are the first to review a game, so if they do allow people who do not own games through green man to review them, then that would explain why even the absolute most obscure games have exactly one review on the site... usually by the same small group of people. If the ones I wrote friday get published at some point then we'll know.

Bought DE:HR and Super Meat Boy from GMG last week. Got the Super Meat Boy Steam code instantly (My games -> Super Meat Boy -> Download) and DE code 2 days ago. Great site, I say. I'll just leave my referral link here if any HL2.netter feels like helping me one step closer to Magicka. http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=gujoduce

DX:HR Augmented Edition for $40 is quite tempting.

You won't get the tf2 bonuses with GMG though. Only Steam direct preorders get that.

Good thing that I couldn't care less about TF2 things.

Oh, thought you were responding directly to me.

DX:HR Augmented Edition for $40 is quite tempting.
I personally recommend the regular version since you get it for 29$, and the Deus Ex GotY copy of GMG doesn't have a Steam key anyway (along with the fact Deus Ex GotY + Invisible War are gonna be 5$ together on Steam at some point).

About the HR keys. When the pre purchase started there were no keys at first, but then they contacted the publisher and received the keys, so if you buy now you will get one immediately. The TF2 items do not work with this copy, but money wise it's worth it, since all those items are worth about as much as you save without including the 5$ bonus, the option to refer, and the fact you can choose which items to buy from Mann Co if you want just some of them (the weapons are actually cheap, it's the hats that cost a lot).

I personally recommend the regular version since you get it for 29$, and the Deus Ex GotY copy of GMG doesn't have a Steam key anyway (along with the fact Deus Ex GotY + Invisible War are gonna be 5$ together on Steam at some point).

About the HR keys. When the pre purchase started there were no keys at first, but then they contacted the publisher and received the keys, so if you buy now you will get one immediately. The TF2 items do not work with this copy, but money wise it's worth it, since all those items are worth about as much as you save without including the 5$ bonus, the option to refer, and the fact you can choose which items to buy from Mann Co if you want just some of them (the weapons are actually cheap, it's the hats that cost a lot).

I already own DX1&2, I just want the art, soundtrack, and the other goodies really.

I already own DX1&2, I just want the art, soundtrack, and the other goodies really.

That's why I ordered it on GMG, but I also downloaded the game from their little launcher because I have no idea where my Deus Ex CD is right now. You save $14 and if you're really up for it, you can actually craft or simply receive the items you'd normally receive in TF2. I already got the spy pistol. I'm actually looking forward to the sound track the most since it seems to have some good stuff on it.

I was also thinking about picking up Painkiller for $3 but I am already bothered by having to have two game launchers running. I know right now Origin is gonna piss me right off. I guess I should throw in my referral link as well, you know, in case anyone likes me more than the others.

Only reason I didn't order DX from Greenman is because I wanted the tong mission as well as a physical artbook.

To be clear, my intentions were to help spread the word about a good site with legit ways to buy video games cheaper than anywhere else, thus supporting a good site as well as good video games (I personally think the new Deus Ex is gonna be great from what I've seen, as well as the other games available for pre ordering there). The referral link provided was a combination of giving people an additional discount, as well as the option to give me something back (without actually giving something) if they appreciated this information.

Just so I'm clear, the referral link only works for people who haven't already signed up, right? :(

Not gonna shove mine in the thread since there are already a few, but if anyone wants the $5 from my referral they're welcome to PM me.

Just so I'm clear, the referral link only works for people who haven't already signed up, right? :(

Not gonna shove mine in the thread since there are already a few, but if anyone wants the $5 from my referral they're welcome to PM me.

Yes, essentially after you sign up in the same session of pressing the link, your account will receive 5$ whenever you buy a game.

I'm such a Steam loyalist I knowingly paid more for the new Deus Ex game on there.

Yes, essentially after you sign up in the same session of pressing the link, your account will receive 5$ whenever you buy a game.

Ahh, that explains why it didn't work for me and Starbob. I already had an account.

Ahh, that explains why it didn't work for me and Starbob. I already had an account.

Oh that makes sense. I just thought it was an unreliable system or something. It is kind of weird withe the whole cookie aspect instead of typing in a name or something.

Back