Guest posters back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardizzle

Space Core
Reaction score
So I was looking back at some older threads for some reason, and I noticed that there were many posts with a name and "guest" under the name, usually from 2008 and back.

I was just wondering, What were guest posts? well before i joined this awesome forum, i lurked for months, and i never say a button that said "Post as guest."

Was there one? Am i crazy? would a guest be well known, or just some random dude? I'm just interested to find out.

Removed accounts.

that's it? people who have posted then deleted they're accounts? Well that's boring.

Yeah, I tend to purge old accounts from time to time and all their post info turns to 'guest'.

I see, question answered. I think we're done here.

but maybe a way for unregistered people to post might work... Probably not though...

How else would we get new members?

The registration system is also a subtle method of weeding off the most incompetent. Sometimes I don't think it works.

How else would we get new members?

The registration system is also a subtle method of weeding off the most incompetent. Sometimes I don't think it works.

Example: combineadvisor

Get lost.

Well, gee, Barnz, as much as I'd love to, this place just has a certain air that brought me back.

Namely that those who remember me hate my guts.

You'll learn to love me after a while! :thumbs:

Besides, I was only proving the statement that sometimes the registration fails at getting rid of the most incompetent people who try to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back