Half-Life 2 and EP1 Achievements incoming Now!

Rossell

Reaction score
Changelist just appeared.

Half-Life 2
Added support for Mac
Added Steam Cloud support for save games
Added new achievements
Improved graphical effects

Half-Life 2: Episode One
Added support for Mac
Added new achievements
Improved graphical effects

Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Added support for Mac

Note: Save games for Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode One will go through a transition. The current level you are on will be saved, but not the exact position in the level.

Frickin' finally!!! Reason for an umpteenth replay :D !

:cheers:

The bit on Route Kanal with the train crushing the Combine soldiers is broken.

That's not the only thing that's broken. Take a look at this! Scary as hell!!!

Attachments

• d1_trainstation_040000.jpg
    d1_trainstation_040000.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 342
Great news! I've been wondering if they were really going to input achievements. I remember them talking about it. It was just another waiting game, but then again, I think we're used to waiting on Valve.

Well I think I just did a whole run through of the HL series, but another couldn't hurt. Don't punch me but I never played on Hard Mode and I think its about time I try

lol. Ep1 used to have a good hard mode but they scaled it back because babies thought it was too hard (THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED HARD).

I'm also replaying Half-Life 2 now (9th or 10th time :p) however... ingame only 29 achievements are visible while STEAM shows 33. Am I the only one with this problem?

I only count 32 in mine. Hmm. There is one called "What Cat?" ...and was hoping it was something we got in the beginning, but that didn't seem to be so. So, I'm kind of wondering at what point that would unlock.

I've unlocked that. You need to press a lot of times on the button of the 'mini teleport' in Kleiner's lab at the beginning (The one where the small cactus is placed on). When you press fast enough several times it will 'break'.

Also, STEAM does count 33 achievements:

naamloosdv.jpg

However, ingame only 29 are shown... strange :-/

Oh, I see. I usually mess with the mini-teleporter, but guess I didn't do it fast enough. Haha. Thanks, I'll try later.

Not sure what the deal is with the missing ingame achievements.

i'll have to do this sometime after i finish; Demons Souls, Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Lost Planet 2, Red Dead Redemption, etc

there's secret achievements

Ah, OK. However, I now see that:

- STEAM says there are 33 achievements
- The list on STEAM containts only 32 achievements
- Ingame only 29 achievements are shown.

So.. there's one super secret achievement? :p

However, ingame only 29 are shown... strange :-/
IIRC on the Xbox360 version there's some achievements that are shared over the three HL2 games, eg, cut X zombies in half. Perhaps the way Steam handles those they're only listed in EP2?

The following happened:

I did the part where you need to put the empty can in the trashcan again. When you put it in the trashcan you get the 'submissive' achievement but when you throw it against the Civil Protection's head you get the 'defiant' achievement, which (IIRC) wasn't mentioned in the list on STEAM. So, now I have finished 23 achievements and 10 are still unlocked so everything seems to be OK now :)

Back