Half-Life 2 on the leap??

tomemozok

Space Core
Reaction score
So,leap is this new tech(Kinect for the pc,with better sensitivity and response time),and on it's "introducing the leap video",they play HL2 lost coast for about 4 sec.
Check it out yourselves...
This raises 1 question in my head...Is this the new hardware development path for the new guys and gals that valve hired recently??? And will steam fully integrate this tech in itself???

P.S.Hl footage on 38 sec,tried the link with time url,didn't work...

I don't care about the Half-Life thing but that looks fun as ****.

Wow, that actually doesn't suck. Everything looks responsive and finely-tuned. I really like the trigger mechanism they used for Lost Coast, although it's probably not all that unique.

I'm rather dubious about these kinds of things. What happens when you go to scratch your head and you accidentally delete a load of files : P

This would certainly pull out new possibilities in flash sex games. I can see this rubbing people the right way.

i didn't think the lost coast was available on steam for mac, which is pretty odd considering they showed it. seems strange that they might of been using a mac and then using crossover or wine to play a pc game.

/reallynitpickypoint

Looks cool I guess, but again I have to ask why would I want to flail my arms and hands around when I could just use the old keyboard and mouse? The only application that interested me in that video was the drawing.

It's neat but doesn't have much application IMO. Far too much work for something that can be done much more comfortably with a mouse and keyboard. Hell, if anyone uses a tablet (like the ipad or something) or the Novint Falcon, they know how jarring and tiresome that can be to get used to. Especially in this case, where you aren't actually putting your hand on sort of object or surface. It just looks like it would be exhausting and difficult after five minutes.

Impressive accuracy and latency.

But like ZT said, kind of impractical. Holding your hand up and doing gestures is just tiresome. Try doing it for 5 minutes and your arm will be aching.

Looks impressive like others have said. But as with most fancy controllers, will they keep adding support for new games (or vice versa)?

Back