Half-Life 2 : Substance mod

FleetGuy said:
I heard this mod was full of bugs. can someone verify this?
your probably told by some guy that took one look at the mod and thought it sucked.

I'm not the one who had him banned :D
However,even if the unpatched 1.0X had really its fair share of bugs,our worst enemy has always been performance & stability ("lack performance leads to instability",it's a zen truth)

here is the intro text present in the installer and,in the near future,on filefront:

Half-Life²:SUBSTANCE GOLD brings you hectic gameplay action and harder challenges: 4 gamemodes to test your skills with, a wide array of weapons and 5 different player classes to best suit your gaming style! Welcome to the real Substance, what action is made of!

Features:

- New single player campaign modes: European Extreme,Gordon Tales and Survivor. Aka legendary difficult,more battles and health management: Survivor gives you shields like in Halo and takes away most of the health packs making life leeching necessary - an error too many done in the canals could prove fatal only in the citadel;

- Bullet time + fast reload as in Max Payne 2,gruesome new gibbing system,friendly fire,open wounds,critical hits as in Shogo (score headshots,win health),the weapons' weight affect your walk speed,fast Punch button,crosshair disappears if you don't slow down,alternate firemodes,allies spawning,enemy conversions,incendiary/dark energy shells,battle striders with normal guns and meet bullsquids,houndeyes,assassins and stalkers;

- The lost Raising the Bar HL2 intro recreated by MedicDance and Smanu85;

- The HEV FORMS class system,press tab and select your personality among:

GORDON FREEMAN: play defensive and cheat enemies by building friendly units
abilities: HEV Shield and flashlight
weapons: punch,crowbar,stunstick+manhack,pistol,m p5+grenade (employs hand grenades),dual combine ball launcher,jackhammer+turrett,bugbait+antl ion,berserk ggun,explosive-stuffed proximity headcrab (kill headcrabs,win ammo),covenant grenade,quad free fire rpg

LIQUID SNAKE: deal maximum damage with extensive use of bullet time
abilities: Killing Spree,HEV Knuckles (doom berserk bonus),super strenght,extended bullet time
weapons: punch,tazer,desert eagle,AK47,HK23,Vulcan minicannon,super shotgun 1/2/4 ammo,cluster incendiary grenade,quad free fire rpg

SOLID SNAKE: wins by surprise and melee attacks thanks to stealth,but beware,getting hit depletes your aux energy faster
abilities: Stealth Camouflage,Fortune Device (phys.blow+deviates bullets) and free speed
weapons: punch,knife,silenced pistol,silenced famas,silenced crossbow with normal+fire+explosive arrows,gravity gloves (choke enemies at short range),the slam,chaff grenade (converted combines are friendly to you and slaughter each other),quad free fire rpg

BIG BOSS: safety and precision above everything else
abilities: morfine shot,nightvisions,crouch mimetism
weapons: punch,hunting knife that leeches life,flaregun,free fire scoped desert eagle,scoped hunting rifle,scoped AWP with embedded bullet time,scoped bigger jackhammer,scoped OICW,quad free fire rpg

GRAY FOX: beat the game once to unlock this secret HEV Form
abilities: unlimited stealth and regen
weapons: progressive katana that gibs enemies and other toys like this

- Get acquainted with the new game features in the revised VR Training map or enjoy the Substance comics by artist LKL;

- General fixes: stats are now ported through levels,fixed bugs concerning invisibility,blue grids and turrets.

- System requirements: same as The Lost Coast. To avoid performance-related bugs,lower your detail settings and customize your launch options (steam -> hl2 -> properties) this way: -console -debug -heapsize [half your ram x 1000; mine is 1024 so I type -heapsize 512000]

lol I played this mod and it stuttered so much I couldn't even play lol

chewyxx: and sound stutter is an idea of mine! In the land of the deaf,the man with only one ear is king

Inflame007: Now explain me... why would the assasian become inviseble if the gun didn't? If you played fear you would know how should the assasian work....

for the same reason why in the Predator movies when the creature pulls out his staff or throws the disc,it goes out of his stealth field and becomes visible (btw in game it looks like a shield rather than invisibility NDR)

Hey, xdiesp. Um. Are you guys any closer to a release date? If not that's ok.
I appoligise for asking if you can't tell me. :)

if the mapper completes his work fast and the updated beta that will be released this monday will prove bug free,just some days

Understandable. Good work so far in the mod! You and Jerry make a great team! :)

was it Beavermon asking how much would have taken to release the 1.2? I had answered that the factors were 2,the mapper finishing his work and the beta tests giving positive results. In the end,it's been the mapper who has been dragging ourself slow...but I had him swear on everything we has good in life that the map would be complete for Xmas!

weapons disappearing?

With beta 1.2 2 my "1" weapon (crowbar/knife/etc) disappears as soon as I get another weapon. Also, when I reload from a save, some weapons disappear, i.e. early in the canals, the "hunting rifle" and "flare gun" go away. I can restart with the "Bug fix" option, and everything gets picked up again, but I'm wondering whether there is a work around or whether there is a better place to send beta problems.

Thx.

terrifying,I never came here for a week! :( Anyway,expect an "inter-nos" final 1.2 version for tonight (now it's 9 pm here). If everything works good enough,I will be free :D

Half-Life²:SUBSTANCE GOLD gives the HL2 single player campaign harder challenges and hectic action: 4 gamemodes to test your skills with, a wide array of weapons and 5 different player classes to best suit your gaming style. Welcome to the real Substance, what action is made of!

Features:

- New single player campaign modes: European Extreme mode is a nightmare/legendary difficulty with all the Substance features but no extra encounters - best for low-level hardwares; the Gordon Tales are an alternate take on Freeman's arrival to C17, which start with a new intro and follow his steps in the Seventeen Years War - think of the chaos of the "Follow Freeman!" chapter,only from the beginning; while Survivor mode is based on health management and trades Halo shields for medikits, so you must save and leech health or an error too many in the canals could prove fatal only in the citadel!;

- Gameplay additions: bullet time + fast reload as in Max Payne 2, gruesome new gibbing system,friendly fire,open wounds, Critical Hit System as in Shogo (score headshots and melee kills to win health!), the weapons' weight affect your walk speed, fast Punch button, crosshair disappears if you don't slow down, alternate firemodes, allies spawning, enemy conversions, incendiary/dark energy shells, kill striders with normal guns and meet bullsquids, houndeyes, assassins and stalkers;

- The lost Raising the Bar HL2 intro recreated by MedicDance and Smanu85;

- Get acquainted with the new game features in the revised VR Training map or enjoy the Substance comics by artist LKL;

- The HEV FORMS class system,press "TAB" and select your personality among the following ones! Unlocked once you acquire the crowbar from Barney.

[GORDON FREEMAN] is a scientist and knows how to play defensively while exploiting his enemies' advanced technology to build friendly units and nasty traps.
Abilities: HEV Shield (protects from damage and melee attacks in particular) and thermal flashlight (can be focused until it burns enemies)
Weapons: punch,crowbar,stunstick+manhack,pistol,mp5+grenade (employs hand grenades),dual combine ball launcher,jackhammer+turrett,bugbait+antlion,berserk ggun (turns super if you use it for a while),explosive-stuffed proximity headcrab (kill headcrabs,win ammo),covenant grenade,quad free fire rpg;

[LIQUID SNAKE] is the terrorist leader of fox-hound and his specialties are mass killings and stylish matrixesque executions with any kind of weapon or even bare-handed fights.
Abilities: Killing Spree,HEV Knuckles,super throw (splash enemies with crates or barrels),extended bullet time
Weapons: punch,tazer,stunstick+manhack,desert eagle,AK47,HK23,Vulcan minicannon,super shotgun 1/2/4 ammo,cluster incendiary grenade,quad free fire rpg,bugbait+antlion,berserk ggun;

[SOLID SNAKE] is a talented spy who relies on his stealth camouflage to evade capture or to approach and kill unaware foes in close quarters combat or silent arms.
Abilities: Stealth Camouflage,Fortune Device (EMP explosion that hurts close enemies and makes impossible for enemy bullets to hit you),HL1 Long Jump Module,Double Jump and Leap attack (mid-air melee attacks are stronger)
Weapons: knife,silenced pistol,silenced famas,silenced crossbow with normal+fire+explosive arrows,gravity gloves (choke enemies!),the slam,chaff grenade (converted combines are friendly to you and slaughter each other),quad free fire rpg,bugbait+antlion,berserk ggun;

[BIG BOSS] is an infiltrator who has learnt the ways of the predator in the jungle, healing his own wounds and capping his targets from afar with famed precision.
Abilities: morfine shot,nightvisions,crouch mimetism
Weapons: hunting knife,stunstick+manhack,flaregun,free fire scoped desert eagle,scoped tranquillizer shotgun,scoped AWP with embedded bullet time,scoped bigger jackhammer,scoped OICW,quad free fire rpg,bugbait+antlion,berserk ggun,proximity headcrab;

[GRAY FOX] is a ninja wrath who shifts through the fabric of reality to coldly murder any living thing fool enough to try and oppose him. This form is locked until you beat the game once.
Abilities: Shift to Spectral Plane,Ultimate Fortune Device and Instant Gib with any weapon
Weapons: progressive katana,sns-50,sawed-off,xm-8,AUG rifle,super ggun,covenant grenade,chaff grenade,slam,quad free fire rpg,bugbait+antlion;

- General fixes: stats are now ported through levels,fixed bugs concerning invisibility,blue grids and turrets. If you get stuck in a level,hit the Bugfix button on the main menu. If you get too many crashes,lower your audiovideo details and customize your launch options as stated in the FAQs;

- System requirements: 1G ram, 2.5Ghz processor for medium detail,anisotropic and AAS disabled.

http://ludus1942.ngi.it/downloads.html
http://p2.forumforfree.com/opposingshepard.html

yeah... because there was like a time that you didn't post anything for months... everyone left

at least,they have mostly left for our forums :) But who knows,maybe the new 1.2 will bring some people back

Back