Half Life 2: The Ride?

Stratofarius

Reaction score
[Attention all Metrocops units, crappy english is coming, because the post author is from Brazil]

In the world of today, were kids are playing adult games, in a try to make them more cooler, what has happened to the place we, when kids, always dreamed to go?

Sure, you know what I'm talking about? That freakin Mickey Mouse place, and Universal Studios. We now have stuff like Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Revenge of the Mummy, Simpsons Ride, all that kind of stuff.

And then I asked myself:
"What if our beloved Half Life 2 gets transformed on a simulator ride?"

You can say that all game > movie, or game > ride transformations are crappy as hell, but what if it happened - and it turned out to be pretty good?

Would you go on it? Where should it be? HOW should it be? The line, the pre-show, the ride, the voices, the screens? WHAT should it be? A simulator, a roller-coaster, something like the Spider-Man ride...

In my opnion, it should be placed around Episode 1 > Episode 2, or HL2 > Episode 1. With a plot like this:
"You are the volunteers for Dr.Kleiner's new teleporter, this time converted into a car. See how an experiment can go wrong, and guided by your favorite security guard, Barney Calhoun, try to get to White Forest base safe and sound on this new 4-D ride"

Your opnion could be different, so tell it!

Kids know Spiderman and Superman, but kids don't know Gordon Freeman, so no.

It doesn't have to be kids.
DID YOU FREAKING GET INTO TOWER OF TERROR WITH 4 YEARS?
And also kids don't know Terminator, but hell, there is a ride about it.

Actually in your first post you said you meant kids. So get ur thangs rite.

I said "what happened to the place that we, WHEN KIDS, wanted to go?"
It doesn't mean we have to be kids! And I actually said: "In the world of today, where kids play adult games...". That was a reference to the kids that play TF2, CS, you know.

I think this is one of the most original thread ideas I've seen in this forum section.

I'd ride something similar to Space Mountain in speed, but instead you're on the cart from HL1, where the "mission" is to escape Black Mesa, spanning from the deepest innards* to the sunny top-side. Or, we can get in a car, get hurled by Dog, and let gravity do the rest as we sore through the Citadel.

That's probably out of anyone's budget. Unless the entire theme park was a Disneyland-sized Black Mesa/City 17. That would rock.

EDIT: This would include various simulated teleportations throughout the facility and Xen.

You had the words out of my mouth.
Disneyland City 17 themed. You know that once, a guy in a Disney special said that: "The employees are part of the magic?"
Employees as Civil Protection, saying to you what's the best ride.
And about the ride, I think a simulator would go best.
Kinda like Star Tours.

I've never heard of a theme park with rides based off of video games.

Since video games are technically rides themselves.

A friend and I have joked around with a video game themed amusement park. There would be different lands for the different kinds of games and everything would be highly stylized. The rides themselves would probably be rather generic, but there would be places themed like the City 17 and the Mushroom Kingdom. At Halloween there would be various haunted houses, including Luigi's Mansion and almost any locale from Silent Hill 2. The great thing is, in its entirety, it would appeal to all ages because that's what video games do.

This all started when we wanted one of the sequences from Metroid Prime to be a rollercoaster.

Nah it would be a bit like a haunted house thing, you know like one of them ghost hunts but the only difference is that you are hunting aliens, not ghosts and you are given a crowbar

Why the hell would they give us a crowbar?
I think I got an idea for a pre-show, I will be posting it later today.

I really can't see how a computer game would work as a ride. things taken from films are fine, but not games.

Hey.
Then, why the hell I've seen stuff like, hmmm, Tomb Raider: The Ride?
Sometimes, before the ride is made, they make a computer game to simulate the ride.

Actually it would be cool if you are given a crowbar and you must kill combines and xenians.

Kinda like Toy Story Mania?
You know, shoot the freakin toys with 3-D glasses! Woah!

Toy Story Mania? Good idea! The gun can't be made into the different weapons through part of the ride... a shotgun in a zombie (Ravenholm?) scene, an SMG/pulse rifle for the CP/Overwatch scenes, and the rocket launcher for a gunship battle!

Eh, i dun know if Silent Hill suits for all ages. :)

Haha, I meant all ages would have a place to go within the park. Of course there would be some spots that if a child entered, we would rape their minds, and thus restrict them.

In an old PCG there was a topic like this. It was something like:

Everyone is on the trams on the transit system, watching scientists work, then the RC happens, zombies, vorts houndeyes for a bit, then the military come. then a garg comes out the wall and the ride ends.

this idea could make for a fun/interesting mod. unfortunately I think the work required for such a thing far exceeds the gain (getting a little sandbox HL2-themed amusement park). still it would make a nice portfolio piece for someone.

Maybe we could do that.
A little mod, resembling an Half Life 2 amusement park. With a secret area of Portal.
I don't know how to do a lot of stuff, but I could do a little creative design.
G(ordon) - Man, what are you working on?

Ah just fooling in gmod. It broke ant i nuked it. I'll try to build better one.

Back