Half Life (movie)

If it was a movie, they should make it with the source engine. So basically something that does not include real life actors. The characters Valve made cannot be replicated by real human, maybe Alyx Vance can be portrayed by her voice actor, but it just won't be the same.

However, I doubt they'll even make the movie, I just don't see it in their genre. None of the movies based on games were successful, none at all.

Although I am excited to see the Warcraft movie. Blizzard is a very versatile company, nominating multiple-genres. They might just be the first company that can make a sucessful game > movie movie.

How are you planning to create the test chamber? Greenscreen? If so, are you going to use the enviroment from the game (that would look terrible) or create it from scratch using some sort of 3d modeling program (that would take months to do right)?

Good point, i think this is where it would loose all its realism.
I don't think this will be very realistic and this is one of the reasons why it will most likely fail but it will still be intresting to see the finished result,
Good Luck :)

Half Life movies fail because Gordon Freeman is meant to be the player. And he doesn't talk. But, as said, you can use it to make the film better.

:rolling: well Gordon does talk in my film, but hey if you don't like that, I'm not making anyone watch it. :cheers:

Well Dr. Freeman here is right. no

I have a question. Should I leave the Name Half-Life or should I go with Half-Life Blackmesa or Half-Life The story of Blackmesa

give feed back plz

I hate you reflex........... you stole my soul....

Okay, since everyone thinks this movie would fail in the test chamber. I will work hard on the test chamber. So it won't loose it's "Realism" :p

.... I double posted....... didn't I....... :x

Date started with preproduction Dec 15 2008 - XX XX 2009

It's not just the test chamber. How will you make any of black mesa interior shots, any of the boot camp shots? How are you going to make the inside of the helicopter that Shepard flies in? Will you do mini sets for everything? Doing mini sets is actually harder than doing enviroments in 3d. Since you ignored my post about your past works in movie making i presume this is your first movie. I believe that doing a sci-fi movie as your first is a little too hard. Try doing a teen comedy or something, make your own story, something about people of your age, this will not require a lot of special effects and will give you some experience. Do not waste your time with a movie that you can not make well, you will only end up disappointed.

(sorry about the spelling, I'm under the influence)

How many actors do you have?

It says it in this post:

I agree vantage point sucks.... But that was the story. I'm taking a similar style, It would work for this story. It was originally going to be a machinima. but my friends and I talked....
Please just give it time. ;)
If you guys want, give me some suggestions. I'll take most of them :cheese:
ps. I'm not using any actors from any Hollywood films..... (Famous people)
The actors I'm trying to get are great. If they will be in the film it would make it 10x better.
I'm playing the role of Gordon
My friend Garrick(Great Actor) is most likely playing Shepard
My other friend Sam,(Pretty good Actor) hopefully Barney
My Friend Adrian (Great Actor,funny) maybe Dr. Issac Kleiner
then there's Extras for zombies, aliens, scientists, security guards

Right now we are about to begin filming a StarTrek parody in January(I didn't write, I'm editing/Acting as a Red Shirt!

It's not just the test chamber. How will you make any of black mesa interior shots, any of the boot camp shots? How are you going to make the inside of the helicopter that Shepard flies in? Will you do mini sets for everything? Doing mini sets is actually harder than doing enviroments in 3d. Since you ignored my post about your past works in movie making i presume this is your first movie. I believe that doing a sci-fi movie as your first is a little too hard. Try doing a teen comedy or something, make your own story, something about people of your age, this will not require a lot of special effects and will give you some experience. Do not waste your time with a movie that you can not make well, you will only end up disappointed.

(sorry about the spelling, I'm under the influence)

I like your thinking's about making movies.

:x:x:x
I never said, I was going to use mini sets for everything. I just said the test chamber. I have access to a warehouse, green screen, realistic looking guns.
I've written many scripts, I just haven't had the time to make them, I do now.
How many times do I have to post, I'm great at special effects.
:sniper: :rolling:
This is actually my 2nd movie, the first is a short, called Doolaloo, the first of a trilogy. It's done just got to compress it to be on the internet.

Seriously, trust in my judgment give it time.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
smilie spam

:x:x:x
I never said, I was going to use mini sets for everything. I just said the test chamber. I have access to a warehouse, green screen, realistic looking guns.
I've written many scripts, I just haven't had the time to make them, I do now.
How many times do I have to post, I'm great at special effects.
:sniper: :rolling:
This is actually my 2nd movie, the first is a short, called Doolaloo, the first of a trilogy. It's done just got to compress it to be on the internet.

Seriously, trust in my judgment give it time.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
smilie spam

Ok, i will give you some time, and that will be.... 3 days!!!

I can make it in 1 minute in GMOD. :LOL:
Lol no. Has any of you ever heard about Half Life:Uplink?

well, I'm just just asking, can you make a full length movie in 3 days.........
exactly. It probably, won't be finished until, a year from now. The reason I opened this topic is so I could keep you guys updated. So if you think it's going to be bad..... then it's your loss, and if you aren't patient enough to wait for the first official update, which is coming out on new years, You can check my site it's on the blog. :p

1 year is nothing. Most Hollywood films take 2 years.

You must have a lot of confidence to be comparing yourself to Hollywood films. Without seeing your previous work, I'm having a hard time grasping your vision of what the end product will look like. How long of a runtime do you expect the movie to last up to?

90-130 minutes that's the average movie these days.....

I think you guys should just drop this topic. Forget it ever existed. I'll post in a year when it's finished and show you ungrateful people. Those that wish to stay informed visit my site for updates . I've bookmarked this topic so when it gets lost in t he trillions of other topics, I'll have access to it.

90-130 minutes that's the average movie these days.....

I think you guys should just drop this topic. Forget it ever existed. I'll post in a year when it's finished and show you ungrateful people. Those that wish to stay informed visit my site for updates . I've bookmarked this topic so when it gets lost in t he trillions of other topics, I'll have access to it.

Ok, see ya in the next year. :cool:

Back