Halflife2.net Minecraft Server

That reminds me, I still haven't made a dock for my little island with the big, ****off lighthouse. On the bright side, doing up a pirate ship is a fab idea and finally gives me an excuse to start a tree farm.

The minecraft overviewer thing should be fairly easy to maintain and update whenever a new saved game is uploaded from hokey... but I haven't tried updating it yet, so we'll see.

we should make a large seaport with boats and docks, would be cool to have a Pirate Ship

Toad and I are going to make a big 3 or 4 mast ship of the line at some point, at our dock by our boathouse (a little east of the big grass pyramid in the water)

He has to go back to walmart early tomorrow morning.

I probably won't get in on this until much, much later. I still have to sort out what little 'skill' I have. But anyways:

Name: d00t
[those are zero's, yes]

He has to go back to walmart early tomorrow morning.

Haha. No.

I'll add you on Lenin.

Added.

Oh and Kaz i'll have to see it tomorrow. I have to go to bed now. See you guys tomorrow.

I'm guessing there's just standard server etiquette here--nothing I should be aware of (ie: special rules about where to build/enroaching on resources inherent to the map), right? If there are rules as such, I'd be interested in knowing them, especially if it's integral to my remaining a respectable member on the server, or remaining able to connect for that matter.

I was also thinking....This isn't that big of a community project, but wouldn't a big underground maze be kind of cool?

I'm guessing there's just standard server etiquette here--nothing I should be aware of (ie: special rules about where to build/enroaching on resources inherent to the map), right? If there are rules as such, I'd be interested in knowing them, especially if it's integral to my remaining a respectable member on the server, or remaining able to connect for that matter.

Basically the rules are this. Do not steal from chests unless the chest says you can take from it(been a rash of diamond and obsidian thieves lately, and anybody being caught will be banned). Do not damage peoples creations or create something that obstructs what they are trying to do. There's plenty of land out there, you can find a nice chunk for yourself, and you can mark that you have intentions in an area by placing a sign or a couple of signs, or bordering off your work area. People should respect this. It's not always going to be respected, for understandable reasons if you're working in an absolutely massive area you're trying to claim for yourself... but still.

Honestly, it's common sense stuff on the server. We play to have fun, things aren't strict.

Admins can't give you tnt or any other regular items. We can give you things like water and lava sources in case you have some water or lava architectural creations you want to create, since buckets do not work.

The main rules are... don't steal, and don't **** up peoples shit. And if somebody has a tree farm and they say you can farm it... please replant!

if you're working in an absolutely massive area you're trying to claim for yourself... but still.

1284363376053.gif

ROFL. I had you in mind, but I mean... you managed to claim yours pretty well. Pretty epic border.

And yours is an island. Don't want individuals claiming all the islands individually for themselves, since there aren't enough for all the people... but my post wasn't in any means to try to disparage your claim. Hehe.

My magma pyramid covers a pretty large area, but I don't claim any of it.

I popped in for ~3 minutes today, seeing what I could before my render distance crashed me. From what I've seen, there's a lot of activity&building in and around the spawn area. I didn't even get to the outskirts of the whole thing, so I guess it's rather large. Hopefully I can claim a decent spot before things get crowded.

Right?

I was also thinking....This isn't that big of a community project, but wouldn't a big underground maze be kind of cool?

I made a maze in the south, past (F)Lobster's place...

I popped in for ~3 minutes today, seeing what I could before my render distance crashed me. From what I've seen, there's a lot of activity&building in and around the spawn area. I didn't even get to the outskirts of the whole thing, so I guess it's rather large. Hopefully I can claim a decent spot before things get crowded.

Right?

there's tons of room just outside the outskirts of the city. me and quix are building just a short walk away from the concrete jungle, and from looking at the maps that have been rendered every few days, there's acres upon acres of free space to go around.

Right?

Set your render distance to medium newb, just hit F. Also theres plenty of room, and the world is infinite so theres never going to be "not enough room."

Also, what was the ruling on friends joining? My cousin (whom I'm good friends with as well) just bought it and I said I'd ask.

Tell him NO but then have Hokey whitelist him anyway and then leave clues around his house that when gathered and deciphered reveal the server IP.

Added MM and Kakashi

I bought. BTW the US dollars conversion makes it $14.22 now. Thanks US ECONOMY.

its totally worth the price, i would have paid at least $30 had I known I'd sink this much time into it. also did the server crash??

It took a big shit so I had to restart it. Managed to save before I quit though, so everything should be good.

Also theres plenty of room, and the world is infinite so theres never going to be "not enough room."

So nothing bad happens (performance wise) when somebody marches for 1 hour straight, due east? Or does the code prevent wonky stuff happening when somebody does this?

So nothing bad happens (performance wise) when somebody marches for 1 hour straight, due east? Or does the code prevent wonky stuff happening when somebody does this?

I would recommend against just walking for hours on end in any given direction. That's absolutely pointless and only makes more hideous map renders.

Only walking for around 5 minutes will put you in the middle of nowhere.

I would recommend against just walking for hours on end in any given direction. That's absolutely pointless and only makes more hideous map renders.

This. I "jokingly" suggested that people refrained from doing this, but they were all Manifest Destiny on me.

I wish I knew where I was in relation to the spawn. I just took a boat across a lake and found a nice cove for my underwater shenanigans. A nice cave with exposed iron was nice too.

I wish I knew where I was in relation to the spawn. I just took a boat across a lake and found a nice cove for my underwater shenanigans. A nice cave with exposed iron was nice too.

Look at your surroundings, and compare them to the world map that we've rendered... and you should be able to figure it out. It'll be fun to do so. Like a real navigator!

Also make a compass Higlac. It'll point you in the direction of the spawn and you can trek back that way.

took me about 2-3 days before i got my bearings on the map but i'm pretty clued up now. use the map renders for directions, keep them open on your browser whilst playing as a sort of map to use, etc.

With how much you guys jizz on this game, I am tempted to buy the full version. I found the demo to be pretty okay.

With how much you guys jizz on this game, I am tempted to buy the full version. I found the demo to be pretty okay.

if you don't join now you'll kick yourself later. this game is the shiznit right now, jump in or miss the boat its your call

Back