Halflife2.net Minecraft Server Discussion

I'll see about doing one tomorrow. Uploading them is a major pain in the arse.

Ever since the upgrade to Beta, I haven't been able to join the server. The same thing happened when I first tried connecting, so I guess it has something to do with the whitelist?

Ever since the upgrade to Beta, I haven't been able to join the server. The same thing happened when I first tried connecting, so I guess it has something to do with the whitelist?
It'll specifically say not on whitelist if that's the issue. comradesean got removed for some reason :(

I just hang on the Logging in... screen forever when I try to join.

I just restarted the server - should be working now.

My client keeps crashing despite a meager draw distance. Oh well. I was besieged by a creeper while inside a giant wooden horse, so iag.

EDIT: I'm sure it's my underpowered work machine that's providing the issue ... oh hey boss ...

There will be if it crashes or otherwise negatively impacts the server.

is there a rule against blowing up a gigantic ball of TNT?

1: Duping doesn't work anymore, so good luck getting enough together to do that.

2: why would you waste TNT on that?

3: That would trash the landscape and royally piss off any neighbors you might have.

There are only a few things that are absolutely forbidden, everything else is either approved or denied based on how annoying it is to the other server members.

Getting TNT is remarkably easy now, actually. I made a monster spawner/killer that provides copious amounts of feathers, arrows, string and sulphur. Just /warp temple to see it.

The Temple is pretty amazing. I think we should put a stature of a creeper in the temple and monster proof the warp zone so people visiting it don't get mobbed at night.

Hey, I haven't played in a few weeks, could I get whitelisted?

Name: sheepops

The Temple is pretty amazing. I think we should put a stature of a creeper in the temple and monster proof the warp zone so people visiting it don't get mobbed at night.

Yeah, I tried to check it out last night, but died immediately since I've got 30 seconds worth of lag to do anything.

I safeguarded the temple entrance a bit. Should be a bit safer now.

Haven't played since patch and haven't been able to log in since I'm apparently not on the whitelist. Can I get back on there? Thanks

Name : comradesean

So what's multiplayer like? Haven't touched it.

I'm curious. How active is the server? The most I've seen on in the past few weeks is three and there doesn't seem to be much constitution in my area (other than the temple). Most project sites around me haven't changed in weeks. Where is everyone?

We haven't had a map render in forever and I'd like to see where people are building.

Well, I would play if it weren't for the crippling 30 second lag.

By contrast, I lagged no balls when I was connected. Though I did get repeatedly killed by an invisible skeleton...so at least I had that going for me.

Well, it's not really lag, it's only when I try to talk, use chests, craft things, use a furnace, or use chat commands that I get horrible lag. Chat that I type takes sometimes 45 seconds to appear on screen.

Sometimes I have no lag, other times it chugs really bad for a bout 30 seconds and then gets better. Sometimes the Avatars of other players are invisible. I've been pretty lucky. I haven't been hit by lag when facing hostile mobs yet. I do hope that the upcoming updates will reduce this. Moving the server might also help.

Edit:

Because the Nether Gates don't work do you think we should have a Nether Kit?

Haven't been on in weeks, do portals work in MP yet?

I remember hearing about how you could build an obsidian and glass base around your portal and it would transfer over to the nether and protect you while allowing you to observe. Whenever the nether works, I think we should totally put some thought out plans into building some shit out there. It could be quite fun, like a research team going into HELL.

No, Nether portals still don't work.

I've started to get a connection refused messages.

Also, the tool health bar no longer works right and the durability glitch has stopped working as well. I think we should make the Basics kit accessible more often.

The durability glitch was fixed in the last update, and it was exactly that - a glitch. I think one set of diamond tools every 24 hours is excessively generous. If you run out, make some tools yourself!

perhaps, but Maybe the server community should decide what is too much generosity.

How many admin does our server have?

Balls are being lagged atm. Frequent "I mine this block." "No you didn't .... alright I guess you did" type stuff.

EDIT EDIT: How come no one else is on the server anymore?

Sorry for the double-post but I had to bump. Pi, is there a chance you could restart the server? The mobs are starting to act really ... glitchy. Glitchy, invulnerable, and indifferent. It's like they don't even care anymore :(

multiplayer still crash and lags like **** to me so I havent joined lately

So, I haven't been able to get on since the update. Are will still waiting for the server or is the problem on my end?

Sorry for the double post, but what is going on with there server? I haven't been able to get on since the update, and this thread is nearly dead.

Doesn't sound like things are going too well :(

I can't even get on minecraft.net. Though I think that's an issue with my ISP.

Now I'm getting a "connection refused" message.

That's a change from the very strange error message I have been getting.

Back