Halflife2.net Minecraft Server

Is the server up? Says refusing connection for me.

Is the server up? Says refusing connection for me.

Not up for me.

TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM
November 04, 2010

We have about 300 people in a complete uproar regarding the control panel update.

Sorry it came on such short notice, and sorry again that it have to happen on a Thursday night. The most amount of time anyone will lose is 60 minutes.

Keep in mind though. This update is the official beta release of the control panel, and add a ton of new functionality. You will not be dissapointed. When this mess is over one of us will make a video outlining all the new features and such. Imagine a tutotrial for the Control Panel!

UPDATE: If you follow us on twitter, you get some priority

I could be wrong about this specific instance, but isn't there a difference between a connection timeout and a connection refused? Refused generally means that something is on the other end talking to our clients, but if it's not allowing you guys to connect then I couldn't even imagine what's going on.

It refused me too. Do you guys think maybe it's because I'm fat or is he just not into me?? :(

20101106132511capture.png

this is apparently what he's been working on for the control panel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3pxgRvj1lM&feature=youtu.be&a

Hey guys, can I get into the server? I haven't played online since before alpha and would like to give this a shot.

ID is Skar220

20101106195430capture.png

EDIT: Server is up...

But... I'm not admin on it anymore right now and I'm not sure what that is all about.

20101106214339capture.png

I managed to connect, but my home point has gone, and I have no idea where my base is in relation to the spawn.

I'm gonna play somewhere else, I haven't been able to get on for 2 weeks.

Raz, thanks for all your hard work man, I hope you get it going soon.

Oh, and the google map has reset, so now it's only showing one, newly-generated, chunk.

Edit: ^ Guess so. :p

Whoa. Was about to suggest that Pi check the overview for his place, but uhh...

http://raziaar.mynecraft.com/maps/index.html

Not to alarm anyone, as I logged in and the actual server map is definitely still intact, but is anyone else seeing a fresh map on there?

Yeah, but doesn't it only refresh once a day? I guess that's from when the server first came back up.

Server has been down constantly, admin features aren't working, upgrades and fixes take forever. I hate to say this, but I'm about to jump ship and start over elsewhere. There are plenty of friendly, and even free servers out there that have 95%+ uptime.

This isn't a dig at anyone here, I really do appreciate the efforts that have been put into this server (Hokey, Raziaar, etc...), however pretty soon it's going to be "game over"

Honestly I think the bulk of our problems were with the fact that ours had to be set up as custom... and well, I think it's just borked everything up. But really there was no other way, it's not like we were going to start a new world or anything.

If it's not working flawlessly soon, we're going to have to scrap this, request a refund, and find another alternative. But as I said before, I won't be involved in that.

And if you guys want your donations back once that happens, I will refund them with any extra from my pocket, and if we can't get a server refund(though I doubt that'll happen, Steve knows how crappy our experience has been), I'll swallow the entire $40 myself.

20101107143647capture.png

...it's not like we were going to start a new world or anything....

I think had we known this would turn out how it has, we would have started again.

The world just exploded from nothing, and we would have re-built better after just a few days. The only thing left to do is start over IMO, I'd love to have a second bash at a new world with you guys.

I'm willing to hang with them a while longer (granted I don't have money in on this so I'm not sure how much my voice is worth here).

Raz: you have the most experience with these guys. You have direct communication with them. Are they doing everything they can to get us up and running? Are they really trying? If they are I say we stay with them. I doubt we can get the same features they provide elsewhere.

I think we should give them more of a chance. It's obvious they're not trying to rip us off, and we might end up with something better than we could get anywhere else, for less cost.

I think we should give them more of a chance. It's obvious they're not trying to rip us off, and we might end up with something better than we could get anywhere else, for less cost.

Most people understandably don't have the patience. We're closing in on the first month marker already. That is a long time.

I'm willing to hang with them a while longer (granted I don't have money in on this so I'm not sure how much my voice is worth here).

Raz: you have the most experience with these guys. You have direct communication with them. Are they doing everything they can to get us up and running? Are they really trying? If they are I say we stay with them. I doubt we can get the same features they provide elsewhere.

From everything I can tell, yes. It's just, we're not the only one they're having to deal with. They had an explosion of orders at the same time we got ours.

Most people understandably don't have the patience.

I don't see anyone shouting at you to abandon it. People are missing the server, obviously, but that doesn't mean a vote for finding a new provider.

I have a few misc questions-

Are all Biomes located in one Single Player Map now?

Can Jackolanterns be used for anything? I haven't tried, but I was hoping they had a unique ability to keep monsters away when planted.

They illuminate one square further than regular torches and they work underwater. Plus, they look cool.

Silly, they should scare away monsters. Isn't the folklore behind Jacko-lanterns that they keep away evil spirits? It would make more sense.

Good news - Whitelist appears to be on now.
Bad news - We're not on it.

Hopefully they are just in the middle of updating it.

Edit: Map is back too.

Yes please give your hl2.net name because we can't already see that each time you post.

Am I the only one who thinks that a person portraying this quality of post/forum knowledge/common sense should NOT be allowed on the server?

So, is the server up or what?

It appears to be up but it seems like everyone was removed from the whitelist.

If by "working" you mean "no-one is on it," sure.

This morning I added most people. Some aren't on it since it was based on my whites thread. I had to add on the website control panel. Gah so many headaches. Will work on it when I get home.

Back