Halflife2.net Minecraft Server

Well, can we enact a "must have 1,816 posts" rule?

If that happens then you'll see a well-thought and constructive reply from me inside every thread on the forum tomorrow.

Think I could get back on the whitelist? I looked at the map and it appears that someone strip-mined out the front of my mine.

Think I could get back on the whitelist? I looked at the map and it appears that someone strip-mined out the front of my mine.

Can I get your in game name again please?

Pretty sure he's Higlac on Minecraft, I remember adding him.

^ Added you guys. You were just AtomicSpark in game, right?

Minecraft just updated, the server hasn't. Can't connect now.

Why in god's name is this server still down?

1287636838640.jpg

UPDATE TIME
November 10, 2010

We're going to start the server updates at 2PM EST. We're installing the new server, the new wrapped and a new startup script on each server.

Each server takes about 1 minute to complete the update, and we'll notify everyone when we're done. You're welcome to continue trying to connect before we notify everyone if you wish.

Thanks for your patience.

On 11/10 Notch updated both the server software, and the Minecraft Client. Due to this, all functionality with your control panel, and connectivity to your server have ceased.

Halloween update Dejavu?

We're working around the clock to bring functionality back to your server, and we won't stop till it's done. Initially we decided to push a patch to remedy the issue, but it was plagued by a new bug in the Minecraft server Notch released. Essentially if you used a backslash (\) or created a kit with a typo it would prevent the server from running, and prevent anyone from connecting to it.

There are a few other smaller bug fixes in the works too. We'll get them behind us as soon as possible.

You want to play with working minecarts and boats. Maybe poke a sheep or two. Don't believe anything less than we're throwing everything we've got at the issue.

We suspect this may take 24 to 48 hours to resolve all issues with all of our servers. This includes our VPS beta members.

We suggest you play some single player for now, and let three nerds write and debug code. We'll let you know as soon as we've got everything worked out.

If this event goes close to 24 hours, we'll be sure to issue a three day credit to everyone. We know you want to play, but for now. This is how things are with Minecraft. When Notch releases something new, no one gets to test it. It just gets released, and we scramble like crazy-people to bring it all together.

We're not paying much attention to support tickets at the moment, as the three of us that handle this sort of thing are giving 100% to getting this new server released.

For more updates, we encourage you to follow us on Twitter and harass us for ruining your evening. Fitzy (aka [email protected]) is working on getting a webcam pointed at us for even greater heckling opportunities on your part.

It's been one heck of a trip the last couple of months, and I cannot begin to thank each of you enough for your patronage, patience and in several cases friendship.

Steve

http://twitter.com/mynecraftdotcom

That's all I can report. That's all I ever can report. If anybody wishes to take it off my hands and gets community support, you're welcome to it. The only experiences I have with the minecraft server are only negative ones... from my experiences that's all it has ever been since this migration.

Do they have a custom admin mod? I don't get what asplodes on each update (or why it takes so long to update each server).

Do they have a custom admin mod? I don't get what asplodes on each update (or why it takes so long to update each server).

What explodes is the incapatibility with the updated version of clients compared to the older versions of servers. The two don't match until the servers are updated too, which don't happen automatically like the client.

How lucky, didn't even realise this malarkey was going on and decided to go on the server just there.

What explodes is the incapatibility with the updated version of clients compared to the older versions of servers. The two don't match until the servers are updated too, which don't happen automatically like the client.

But on the last few updates, they have "bugs" that need to be fixed. All I did to update my lil server was just delete minecraft_server.jar and restarted it and it worked fine. :(

Man, I haven't been able to connect in ages, so when i finally got in, I was completely lost. Took me ages to find my place.

My apologies, it's teagbark rather than Teagbark.

Black Ops seem more fun than Minecraft these days, I haven't logged in a while. I'll get bored one day and come back but also writing a novel in my spare time hurts my game time

Did none of you guys read the other whitelist thread? Apparently right now the in game admin commands aren't working to add people to the mynecraft whitelist, only removing them. That's why I told people to post in that thread.

zombieturtle01 was already on the list, so I don't know why he wasn't able to connect... but i've added asspennies and AtomicSpark

Well, shit. Now I keep getting dropped with a socket error message. Oh, and everything I've done over the past hour or so has completely gone. So that's a large chest full of smelted cobblestone gone, loads of coal, not to mention the vast amount of mining I did to get it all. Yay.

Okay, this is just stupid. I spent ages today redoing everything that the server lost last time, only for it do it AGAIN. So now I have no inclination to do anything on the server, because it's just going to get reset back again.

Oh look, after logging in again a few hours later, it's reset back where it was earlier AGAIN.

Seriously, this is some ****ing bullshit.

To think some casual game would be the downfall of Pi.

Yes, but when I get annoyed, I tend to spread it around a bit. Prepare for arbitrary and unfair infractions!
Well, more arbitrary and unfair.

Oh look, after logging in again a few hours later, it's reset back where it was earlier AGAIN.

Seriously, this is some ****ing bullshit.

That's pretty much what it was doing to me before I changed network cards. A certain onboard variety was causing issues.

You just have to deal with it if you're getting it, and maybe it's your onboard card... I dunno.

The way I remedied it... but it still got me, was to log out frequently whenever i wanted to save my progress, and restart the minecraft client itself... then log back in.

At least it sounds to me like that's what is happening to you. Is it just your location and inventory getting reset, or all of your placed/removed blocks in the world? Because it shouldn't be the latter.

My inventory works just fine - that stays as it should between saves. It's everything I've done in the world that's gone. Basically, I carved out a huge amount of cobblestone blocks, took it all back to my home, smelted it, made a large chest and put the smelted stone inside. All of that reverted back. Every block I mined has returned, my chest has gone. It only started doing it yesterday.

Seems about 30 minutes of building progress disappeared when I logged in a few minutes ago.

Well, it did it again.

Okay, here's a quick test.

1850 GMT - I dug a hole and replaced the rock with dirt.

2010-11-14_18.50.31.png

I'll look again in an hour or so - bet it's gone.

Yeah, I've accidentally burned down my giant Tree twice but each time it has gone back to it's normal unburned self.

Back